The Class-less Class

Guest coldsmoke

setting in Spokane weather has been warm here. probably be here a few weeks then no idea where we will go

mike and deb

weird little line thru words hmmm

Edited by coldsmoke

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

setting in Spokane weather has been warm here. probably be here a few weeks then no idea where we will go

mike and deb

Welcome back to the lower 48. What's up with the line? See you in Q in January? Does your pin move?

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Edited by SKP On the Go

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

I think you have something going on with all those cross-offs too.

Deb and Mike : -Glad to hear you made it safely down to the lower 48. Rest a bit and then plan your trip a little farther south. Spokane can get lots of snow. We're looking forward to seeing both of you later on in the sunbelt.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

The little lines likely come from either hitting the S button above the posting area or something being stuck in your browser.

The easy way to be rid of them is to highlight the text and click the S button.

If that doesn't work just use the toggle switch at the far top left to go from pretty text to plain text and your post will look like this:

[s]setting in Spokane weather has been warm here. probably be here a few weeks then no idea where we will go[/s]
[s]mike and deb[/s]

[s]weird little line thru words       hmmm [/s]
Kill all the little bracket combos and you'll be good.

mike and deb

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Who are you and what have you done with Soos? LOL!

We booked 6 months at Citrus Park in Bonita Springs, FL starting in November and we'll probably show up early...

Charley,

When the heck are you two coming out west??

on second thought, Its ok....I am mad at you for making my husband jealous by buying the bike!

He made sure I saw the pics of it ! :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Guest coldsmoke

jeff and tina cant move our pin because some one booted us from the class,,, its ok we will start again with no class hmmmmm yup that's me no class

jerry and terry still not sure where we are going

Stanley thanks for the info

jeff and tina cant move our pin because some one booted us from the class,,, its ok we will start again with no class hmmmmm yup that's me no class

jerry and terry still not sure where we are going

Stanley thanks for the info

The map shows you in Healy, AK. I just went back to look because I knew yo were there. If a pin isn't moved for a long time, it goes away. However, according to the map you're still in Alaska. Are you sure you're in Spokane? :D:D

I understand the not sure where you're going. We're not sure where or even when.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road again.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

The map shows you in Healy, AK. I just went back to look because I knew yo were there. If a pin isn't moved for a long time, it goes away. However, according to the map you're still in Alaska. Are you sure you're in Spokane? :D:D

There are 2 entries in the database: "Coldsmoke" and "cold smoke". The first one is not visible, so the second needs to be used.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

IYQ's ranch is now water front property. It's been raining for 3 days and the storm is still not here. Supposed to get here early tomorrow. I came home from town yesterday to find a lake infront of my trailer. I had to wade to get in the door. Who said the desert was dry. The Doctor I was supposed to see today called yeasterday afternoon and told me a piece of equipment he needed for the PFT he had me scheculed for broke down and gave me a new appointment for Monday Morning. He got the report from the lab and was concerned because It showed a high D-Dimer (test for blood clots) He ask me a bunch of questions and evidently I said the right thing cause he said He'd see me Monday. I was surprised that the doctor himself called instead of one of his assistants. So I guess he does have my health at interest. The sun came out for a little while today, just enough so we wouldn't forget what it looked like. But it's back to drizzle drizzle drizzle again. Celestron Telescope just sent me a Return Order for my Star Sense AutoAlign without me asking for it. I was just about to send it back to Amazon but they said to send it back to them and as soon as it arrives they will send a new one back to me. I thought that was right nice of them and will speed things up a bit but I don't know why because there isn't going to be any stars in the sky until we get rid of all this rain from the hurricane.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

If your planning a vacation come to Beautiful Lake Deming. It's still raining but the radar shows it almost gone. You might say It's a Damp Nice Day but I fail to see what is nice about it. I had to make a trip to town this morning to get some Shipping Tape so I picked up a few groceries while I was at it. I don't understand why I have to buy so many groceries when I don't cook. Which reminds me. I forgot to get hamburger so I can get one of the cowgirls to loose fry it with onions for me. I could do it but as long as I have a good thing going, I'm not going to admit it. Well I guess I'll paddle down to the office to check my mail.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Happy Birthday Terry. Hugs to you.

I had forgotten to move our pin but I have now. Soon it will be moving everyday for a while.

Domino effect at the bathroom sink. One handle broke off the tap, we replaced it. The second one broke off. We bought another set of taps. Doug installed that but there was a leak that we we didn't notice for a few days. Consequently the fiber board got soaked and the arborite lifted. Consequently, we have a beautiful new one piece sink and new taps. Looks real pretty.

Three more days here and we are off. First to Salmon Arm to visit Doug's Mom one last time and then out over the Canadian Prairies.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well, after nine days at the Beaver Service Center in Bend, OR we were finally able to get our pin moved to the SKP park in Sutherlin for at least a week. Additional repairs started popping up while in Bend but, if it was gonna happen at least we were at a place that can fix 'em!

The one that really worried us was all of a sudden the Hydro-Hot unit started dripping a large amount of coolant. The tech suspected that it might have been the new radiator cap for the boiler that I recently purchased on line from some Hydro-Hot "guru" that he recommended for my model. Apparently, it wasn't sealing correctly. He said that if it turned out that it was a leak inside the unit we may have to replace with a new one which would cost at least $10K...ouch!

I was alarmed to find that it continued to weep fluid but, they said that as long as it was a brown color it was probably due to the overflow trapped inside the sealed compartment working it's way out and would eventually stop. The only way to tell for sure was to remove the Hydro from the coach and that would cost a lot of labor. To be safe we stuck around a few more days. It's still weeping when it runs and hope it abates soon!

Got a little wordy on this but, I know that some of you wanted to know about it. Thanks for your good thoughts sent our way!

Roger

Edited by Lil' Red Rooster

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

I'm trying out my new USB antenna. I couldn't get any signal before. I just installed it and now I'm getting 4 bars from the Ranch Wi Fi. It was a good infestment. I was going to put it outside on a pole above the trailer but I don't think it's necessary now. It's just stuck to the window with suction cups.

I posted this morning with a note for Roger but I don't see it. It must have got lost in the shuffle. Any way Roger I feel your discust for all the money and inconvienience the Beaver is causing you. It's time for you to sit back and enjoy your life on the road with no more trouble from the Beaver. Maybe you should use a little stronger language when it hiccups.

Hey Roger, I had a leak in my Aqua hot and it turned out to be the drain pipe. They are made of plastic and have a shut off valve on them. When I was searching for the leak I happened to touch the plastic pipe and it broke off in my hand and drained the whole system. They get brittle with age. I had a hard time getting the plastic threads out of the stainless steel tank, but then I replaced the pipe with a brass one and that's been fine for 5 years or so. I did have a cap go bad one time and it wouldn't suck the fluid back into the main unit from the coolant recovery tank. After a while the fluid level in the system got too low and the float cut the power off. Does your unit have a hose running from the cap to the coolant tank? I've seen those lines rub on something and leak too. Good luck with it. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Hey Roger, I had a leak in my Aqua hot and it turned out to be the drain pipe. They are made of plastic and have a shut off valve on them. When I was searching for the leak I happened to touch the plastic pipe and it broke off in my hand and drained the whole system. They get brittle with age. I had a hard time getting the plastic threads out of the stainless steel tank, but then I replaced the pipe with a brass one and that's been fine for 5 years or so. I did have a cap go bad one time and it wouldn't suck the fluid back into the main unit from the coolant recovery tank. After a while the fluid level in the system got too low and the float cut the power off. Does your unit have a hose running from the cap to the coolant tank? I've seen those lines rub on something and leak too. Good luck with it. Steve

Steve, it doesn't appear to have a leak on that hose running from cap to coolant tank. I think that I had the same thing happen with the coolant float due to the incorrect cap. Had to add a lot of coolant to the main tank to get it goin' again. How the heck did you get to that plastic drain pipe? Did you need to pull the unit out of your rig? There may be a panel behind the compartment that I can remove by crawling underneath and getting to the rear of the Hydro. Still hoping that the insulation inside is soaked and that's what's dripping because the fluid is brown as opposed to pink. At least the Hydro-Hot is working. Looks like you and me have got some ideas to exchange in Q over a few cranberries!

Lee, that may be good advice! :unsure:

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Beautiful sunshine this morning but boy did that rain ever bring the flies and mosquitoes. The old gravel pit on the back side of ours campground is now a lake and you better watch where you step while walking. I took my half mile walk this morning and I think I walked almost that far just walking around muddy spots. Every one is out this morning gadding. All this nice sunshine and I have a bunch of paperwork that has to get done. No rest for the wicked.

Roger, the drain is hard to get to. Your bus is probably set up different than mine, but it's on the side with the mixer pumps and below them. You would have had a good laugh seeing this old fat man crawling into the "belly of the beast" to fix that. at first I could only barely touch it, but after it broke off in my hand I figured out where it was! It was where all the anti freeze was pouring out of!! Aaarrgghhh! You're "on" with the cranberry juice. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Roger, glad you're able to get away from Bend. Hope the Aquahot is just messing with you. Is the rooster still crowing at all hours at Timber Valley? It is sooo dry here in Redding. Not much green grass and Shasta Lake is crazy low. Forecast is 98 degrees today. They could use the rain the Southwest has been getting. Had my first Double Double in a long time yesterday at an In &Out and it was gooood. I could feel my arteries closing when I was done. Fleamarket today and dragstrip tonight, to watch.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Roger, glad you're able to get away from Bend. Hope the Aquahot is just messing with you. Is the rooster still crowing at all hours at Timber Valley? It is sooo dry here in Redding. Not much green grass and Shasta Lake is crazy low. Forecast is 98 degrees today. They could use the rain the Southwest has been getting. Had my first Double Double in a long time yesterday at an In &Out and it was gooood. I could feel my arteries closing when I was done. Fleamarket today and dragstrip tonight, to watch.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Rooster, turkeys, quail, jack rabbits and deer...like livin' in a petting zoo...it's great! Gets Willie all excited on his walks. Around 94 today but, cooling off soon. Thinking about moving a bit south around the Grant's Pass region after here. Anyone have any good recommendations for campgrounds?

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Roger, the drain is hard to get to. Your bus is probably set up different than mine, but it's on the side with the mixer pumps and below them. You would have had a good laugh seeing this old fat man crawling into the "belly of the beast" to fix that. at first I could only barely touch it, but after it broke off in my hand I figured out where it was! It was where all the anti freeze was pouring out of!! Aaarrgghhh! You're "on" with the cranberry juice. Steve

Oh, that sounds like fun Steve! With enough cranberry juice, maybe I can get you to reenact that on my rig...except for the broken valve part!! :P

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Charley,

When the heck are you two coming out west??

on second thought, Its ok....I am mad at you for making my husband jealous by buying the bike!

He made sure I saw the pics of it ! :)

Hey Soos. I can hope for a trip out West next spring but it's really just a hope. There seem to be more and more moving parts in my life. I foolishly thought it would go the other way. Realistically it'll probably be a few years before we can spend any significant time out there. might try to do a dash to the Northwest and a cruise/train/bus tour of AK next year or the year after. can start seriously planning the Spring and Summer sometime in November.

Next time I talk to Paul I'll tell him the bike is NO FUN AT ALL. LOL!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Oh, that sounds like fun Steve! With enough cranberry juice, maybe I can get you to reenact that on my rig...except for the broken valve part!! :P

Roger

I've been away and feel like a dummy. What is a Hydro-Hot/Aquahot? I have an Insta-Hot but surely that's nothing like your issue.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg