The Class-less Class

well another horrible weather day here,, 70s and clear blue sky,, yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

we are thinking of heading to moab on wed if our mail arrives.. jeff owes me a jeep ride , and tina just plain owes me.. and tom and diane owe me also , so maybe I can collect in moab

mike and deb and smokey

Hey... can't think of anything we owe you and Deb expect time together :) It's been way too long!

If you all (Tina & Jeff, too) can wait for us, we'll join you in Moab November 1st... what a fun gathering that would be! The more the merrier!

If you are coming to Moab better call ahead to make sure there is a spot in an RV park. We are in overflow tonight then have a space for 2 nights. After that we don't know. Went up Hwy 128 to the first BLM campground and it was full then came over the OK RV Park. There is a lot going on here - their busy time of year. Any boondocking suggestions? We have never been here before, hoped to stay longer.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest coldsmoke

guess ill call a few places today, if cant find a spot we will just head down to zion area a little earlier then planned.

or bioondocking (YUCK) don't care for it anymore.. but if I have to I can

tom and diane,, we wont be in that area in nov, gonna be in vegas. sorry maybe jan in Q

mike and deb

Thank you everyone! Guess I got a little shook up when all this happened so fast. The encouraging words helped us both. Got a buyer for the wife's car today. Will move the fiver into position for loading tomorrow. Now for the decision making "take it " or "leave it". Going to go through the "stuff". I don't want to get too heavy! My GCVW is 23,000 lb. Last time I weighed was 18,800. My

goal is to keep it under 20,000. I'll weigh it on the way out of town. Hopefully in a couple of weeks. Thanks again ya'll. Ron and Linda

Parting with 30 years of "treasures", some as much as 50 years since I moved them from TN to VA, was the hardest part for me. Eventually it became liberating. I still ended up keeping too much crap and "tossing" things I needed/wanted later.

The best move I made was finding a guy in my area who cleans out homes. He actually paid me to haul my crap away and left my basement, garage and shed "broom clean".

Good luck!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

Ok, I need to do a bit of a rant today. I was supposed to go to Loma Linda Medical University in early November for a checkup. Needed to use their Ronald McDonald parking lot for a night. This is something that has been available to RV'ers for many years now, up to 3 nights while they take care of their Medical Appointments. However in the last 2 years since I last used this, the neighbors complained to the City and the City has now Banned the practice. Why did they complain? Because some INCONSIDERATE BUSTARD RV'ers decided they could run their damn Generators well into the early morning hours so they could watch tv. Of course those same BUSTARD's will be the first to raise HE!! when they want to stay there for another appointment. and are told NO.

Ok, I feel better now. Just really hope I run into one of them sometime down the road.

Joe

So now my Jello Ball and Chalkboard are really getting a workout.

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well, we start another week. I'm so stiff from climbing up and down that ladder yesterday that I can hardly move. will take many very short walks this morning and maybe work the stiffness out. This morning I went out for breakfast to get my weekly cackleberries. Then a trip to the Auto Parts store to get some Diesel Exhaust fluid for the truck. Then to the Roadrunner for LP gas. Then to Tinley Tee to have them put the Exhaust fluid in the truck, It is high and inback of the engine and with my old bones I spill more trying to get it in than what actually goes in. They do it Free so I let them. Then I ordered a windshield and a canvas cover for my golf cart. It will feel good when the winter wind starts chilling my bones. Now it's time to goof off. (for the rest of the month)

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

found a campsite at archview rv park for 7 days stating 8 oct.. 41 a night but . life is to short to worry about it..

mike and deb

We are in a legit space tonight and tomorrow then back to the overflow spot across from the office through the weekend. Monday toward Capitol Reef. Very busy in Moab right now. We'll check out Arches NP tomorrow.

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Jeff, we stayed at Dowd Flats last year on the south side of town. Doesn't look like much, but the people there were nice. Didn't need the shotgun after all. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I don't know where to place this post, but I need some encouraging words. We just sold the house TODAY! We have talked about fulltiming and now we are

homeless. Got a call this morning to see the house. showed it this afternoon. and now have a check in my hand. Reality has just slapped us in the face.

Is it normal to feel this crazy? The feeling is crazy! Anyone else go through this? Ron and Linda

Encouraged yet? Read this forum, and especially The Classless Class and you will see how much we all love this life.

We have been on the road for over 5 years, some here a lot more, some less. It's a wonderful life. We were all scared at first.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Ok, I need to do a bit of a rant today. I was supposed to go to Loma Linda Medical University in early November for a checkup. Needed to use their Ronald McDonald parking lot for a night. This is something that has been available to RV'ers for many years now, up to 3 nights while they take care of their Medical Appointments. However in the last 2 years since I last used this, the neighbors complained to the City and the City has now Banned the practice. Why did they complain? Because some INCONSIDERATE BUSTARD RV'ers decided they could run their damn Generators well into the early morning hours so they could watch tv. Of course those same BUSTARD's will be the first to raise HE!! when they want to stay there for another appointment. and are told NO.

Ok, I feel better now. Just really hope I run into one of them sometime down the road.

Joe

I saw a really good suggestion somewhere (in the Escapees magazine, I think). Tear out the RVers Good Neighbor Policy from the magazine and keep it in your vehicle. You see any Bustards at Walmart or wherever, leave them the page.

Inconsideration Idiots spoil it for all of us.

So now my Jello Ball and Chalkboard are really getting a workout.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I haven't got my head screwed on quite straight this morning as yet but after I get some breakfast in me and take my walk maybe I'll start to function a little better. I had a billion chores to do yesterday so lots of running back and forth to town. My Star sense AutoAlign came in yesterday afternoon but the sky was cloudy last night so I couldn't fire it up to see if this one works properly. I ordered a windshield and canvas enclosure for my golf cart to be ready for the winter winds. I hope I'm with Y'all in Quartzsite during the worst of the winter and not need the golf cart but I'll be ready just in case. And that is how it goes in Deming

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Guest coldsmoke

LEE,,, you gotta show up in Q, I need a astronomy lesson..and ill make deb cook you spaghetti or cereal and toast your choice !!

heading for moab in morning

mike and deb

About an hour North of MOAB is a ghost town called Thompson Springs, Utah. There is a nice RV Park called Ballard RV Park. Pull thru sites with full hookups. Close to the interstate but not that noisy. Rates are 25.00 for 30 amp and 29.00 for 50 amp. They also have few double wides that they rent out in case you have people fly in and need a place to stay. They rent ATVs and will provide guided ATV rides to see the sites. Dinosaur tracks, eggs, etc. There is a convenience store but that is all there is to shop at. JIm and Sandy are the managers and great people and live in their RV full time. I went to school with the lady that owns the park. Here is a link to the web site. http://moabrvpark.com/index.asp In case MOAB is full.

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Cold smoke:

See those little white lights up there? They are called Stars. Our sun is a Star. :) Stay tuned for lesson 2.

I took one of the cowgirls out sight seeing this morning. We went up to Silver City and walked through the shops in old town. When we went into a shop I plopped down in the first chair I could find and let her browse. She wanted to go into all the antique stores because she use to own one, every time I sat down the owners would try to put a price tag on me. I hoped the cowgirl had enough money with her to buy me back. We went into a little cafe to sit down, have a cup of coffee and a bread pudding. And rest. When the bill came I was thinking about going back to the antique place to see if I could sell myself because the bill for two cups of coffee and two small dishes of bread pudding was $17.45. I think they saw me coming. When we escaped old town we went up to the little town of Pinos Altos. The museum was closed on Wednesdays and so was the restaurant but we enjoyed driving through the town looking at the old buildings that were built back in the frontier days. On the way back to Deming we took a buzz around City of Rocks State park. And that is one day in the life of an antique man.

Guest coldsmoke

lee... lesson 1 learned... what is that thing at night , huge turned red last night,, even has a face in it ?

we are in moab, about 9miles north at archview rv.. nice place so far, trendy expensive , but what isn't today

mike and deb

lee... lesson 1 learned... what is that thing at night , huge turned red last night,, even has a face in it ?

we are in moab, about 9miles north at archview rv.. nice place so far, trendy expensive , but what isn't today

mike and deb

You had too much cranberry juice. I didn't see anything but clouds last night.

There is a partial solar eclipse that will be visible the evening of October 23rd. The Moon will cover about 81 percent of the suns disc at about 4:46 PM it will start at 3:36 PM and end at 5:49 PM MDT. If you are farther west you'll have to adjust the time for where you are at. Look in a local paper I'll bet it will adjust the times for you. The sun takes about 4 minutes to move 1 degree west or 1 hour to move 15 degrees toward the west.

If you were on a line that goes north and south through Dallas this morning during the lunar eclipse you had a chance to see an impossible sight. That is to see the eclipsed moon and the rising sun at the same time. For the moon to be eclipsed the moon earth and sun must be in a perfect straight line which according to physics would make it impossible to see both the sun and moon at the same time. But our atmosphere can bend the rays of light so that we see the moon shortly after it sets and the sun shortly before it actually rises. It's a very rare sight and most star gazers will travel miles to get a chance to see it.

Tonight on our way to the truck stop we saw a very nice example of Crepuscular Rays. They are rays of light at sun set that appear to originate at a single place in the western sky and form a fan of light rays down to the ground.

Edited by IYQ

Jeff, we stayed at Dowd Flats last year on the south side of town. Doesn't look like much, but the people there were nice. Didn't need the shotgun after all. Steve

About an hour North of MOAB is a ghost town called Thompson Springs, Utah. There is a nice RV Park called Ballard RV Park. Pull thru sites with full hookups. Close to the interstate but not that noisy. Rates are 25.00 for 30 amp and 29.00 for 50 amp. They also have few double wides that they rent out in case you have people fly in and need a place to stay. They rent ATVs and will provide guided ATV rides to see the sites. Dinosaur tracks, eggs, etc. There is a convenience store but that is all there is to shop at. JIm and Sandy are the managers and great people and live in their RV full time. I went to school with the lady that owns the park. Here is a link to the web site. http://moabrvpark.com/index.asp In case MOAB is full.

Jerry and Janice

Thanks for the tips. Dowd Flats is full and Thompson Springs is farther than I want to drive get back to the Moab area daily. So we are doing the overflow at OK RV Park. Sunday night when we did it we had 30A but now we have 20A. It's cloudy and has sprinkled this morning. We'll be moving a little farther south on Monday toward Capitol Reef.

Hi Coldsmoke. Lunch or Dinner? Lets get together.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Nothing planned for today. I've taken my walk and did a little repair work in the gardens around me and now I'm engaged in a very serious bout of thumb twiddling. Since yesterday I've had 3 of my cowgirl friends call me saying they would be here in the next few days and wanting to be sure I'd be here and ready and willing to go to dinner. It looks like my thumb twiddling will be interupted for a while.

Yesterday I mentioned the Solar Eclipse on the 23rd. I should have warned everyone not to look at the sun with the naked eye. It can cause serious damage. The partial elcipes of the 23 will have the moon passing between the earth and the sun which will cover part of the light from the sun. to watch it look through a very dense filter like a welders mask or goggles, or make a pin hole viewer by putting a very small hole in a fairly large box with a sheet of white paper or cardboard in the box on the opposite side from the small hole. it will project a picture of the eclipsed sun on the white paper in the dark box. To view, cut a hole about 3/4 to and inch in diameter far enough from the pin hole that you don't shade the pin hole while looking through the eye hole at the projection on the white paper on the far inside of the box. When I say pin hole I'm talking about a hole about 1/16 inch in diameter. Keep the holes edges as smooth and circular as possible. A very short climps of the sun will not cause damage to the eye but it's hard to only take a fleeting glimps when looking at something interesting. Sort of like eating one potato chip.

I went into town early this morning for my weekly cackle berries then came back and got my walk in. Now I'm playing around in the gardens redoing the catch basins around the young trees to encourage the root growth out away from the trunk to give the trees a better chance next summer when a wide root network is so essential.

It looks like I just might get a cloudless night to test out the new Star Sense AutoAlign on my telescope and do the initial alignment. I sure hope I have better luck then the last time. If it works like it is supposed to it will make it a lot easier to set up each time and maybe I'll use it more often. I hope I can get back at star gazing soon I'm beginning to forget all the goofy names of stars an constellations. Ot maybe it's all the Cowgirls distracting me!

Well , Lee, while you were eating your cackle berries, I was trying to trade motor home. Yes, I've been looking for awhile, but with no luck.. All of a sudden this one came on the market and I jumped on it. We wanted a few specific things, and this one had most of them. It's a 2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP and it has most of our requirements. It has 3 A/C units, full solar package (4 120V panels, 8 6V AGM house batteries, plus a lot of minor things that we have been on the watch for. It just had 8 new Michelin tires and all the house batteries replaced. Now my problem is getting all of this done. We are in Provo, Utah and have to get our present bus and truck to Yuma, then fly to Milwaukee, get the new bus and drive it through Oklahoma to Yuma and then after transferring all the "stuff" putting it up for sale. I guess that will keep us out of the bars for awhile. Ha ha! This one has been owned by a guy that reviews RV's in major publications and has been known for the upgrades he has done on his coaches. I've been reading his blog and informative writings for years and didn't think I would be able to get his bus, but I saw it the first day it was advertised and jumped on it. I guess BessyBus 11 is in the making.

Edited by Steved44

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

THANK YOU! Deb and Mike (Coldsmoke) for helping us tonight. After a day in Canyonlands NP Tina and I were going back to Moab through Shafer Canyon trail. Well about 11 miles from pavement the fuel pump went out. A nice Jeeper gave us a ride out to Deb and Mike's. They took me back up in the dark to fix the Jeep. It took over 45 minutes to go 11 miles on the trail and the trail was 20 miles out of town then back. So dinner is on us, McDonalds, Burger King or Wendy's? LOL. Thanks again.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Well , Lee, while you were eating your cackle berries, I was trying to trade motor home. Yes, I've been looking for awhile, but with no luck.. All of a sudden this one came on the market and I jumped on it. We wanted a few specific things, and this one had most of them. It's a 2007 Allegro Bus 42 QRP and it has most of our requirements. It has 3 A/C units, full solar package (4 120V panels, 8 6V AGM house batteries, plus a lot of minor things that we have been on the watch for. It just had 8 new Michelin tires and all the house batteries replaced. Now my problem is getting all of this done. We are in Provo, Utah and have to get our present bus and truck to Yuma, then fly to Milwaukee, get the new bus and drive it through Oklahoma to Yuma and then after transferring all the "stuff" putting it up for sale. I guess that will keep us out of the bars for awhile. Ha ha! This one has been owned by a guy that reviews RV's in major publications and has been known for the upgrades he has done on his coaches. I've been reading his blog and informative writings for years and didn't think I would be able to get his bus, but I saw it the first day it was advertised and jumped on it. I guess BessyBus 11 is in the making.

Hey,, that all sounds pretty exciting Steve!!

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png