The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We too will be WHERE EVER once the date is established...ha ha! We want to hit the Q RV Show for at least a day trip but that is doable from Yuma.

Maybe we should plan on a date later in January????? Again, doesn't matter to us and we certainly aren't the ones to make the decision...LOL

Safe travels everyone!

Good point Paul and Marsha - it's a very easy trip from Yuma to Quartzsite. Hell, Jeri drove down up to get their car washed. :)

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Freddy/ Delcie - - We want water too! I think that's why my brakes are on a little on with the reunion planning. Wherever it is we'll go but it just might only be a few days unless we're sitting on a gorgeous body of water. Are there a lot of those in Arizona ??? :) We're thinking the Colorado River around Parker or Ehrenberg and Lake Havasu too to begin with .... or to end with. Either way we'll certainly see you on the water someplace.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Freddy/ Delcie - - We want water too! I think that's why my brakes are on a little on with the reunion planning. Wherever it is we'll go but it just might only be a few days unless we're sitting on a gorgeous body of water. Are there a lot of those in Arizona ??? :) We're thinking the Colorado River around Parker or Ehrenberg and Lake Havasu too to begin with .... or to end with. Either way we'll certainly see you on the water someplace.

Lake Havasu City is perhaps the most un-RV-friendly place we have boondocked. If you are in a park, yeah, good all the amenities but pricey. Craggy

Wash was interesting but there is not one water kiosk in the whole city. We had to take our 5 gallon bottle to Walmart almost every day. To dump you have to pay to use the State Park. There is more boondocking south of the city but again no water and quite a ways from town.

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I took the cowgirl that works here out to that good restaurant by the cliffs tonight. That will probably be my last outing while here. I'll be going back to Eagle Nest Monday morning. I finished carving that grave marker for the little dog today. Now all I have to do is stain and lacquer it. I have some Spar Urethane I'll use instead of lacquer. Its tough stuff and slightly pliable. I think it will hold up better under the expanding and contracting the desert weather causes. The rest of the week end I'll use to do all the pre trip maintenance. I need to do a laundry but there is no place to do it around here.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I poked the button to post the above and it did.'t post. So I poked it again and it posted twice.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well, we built a bed today. We had always had a innerspring mattress in the bus (double pillow top) since we bought it. Last year, while we were in Red Bay, Alabama getting some work done at the factory, we decided it was time to replace the old mattress. We bought a queen size memory foam mattress because we had never had one, and the gel memory foam seemed to be the latest and greatest. Well we finally decided we really didn't like it!!! :angry: It was too hard, too tall, and the only redeeming qualities it had was the fact that if I jumped on one side Carol wouldn't fly off the other. So we started shopping for a new mattress. We found out after a few days and many notes, that mattress salesmen were sort of like used car salesmen, no matter which one you went to, theirs was always the best. We finally sifted through all the bs, and went to a company that sells foam (of all types), and asked him what was the best and who he was selling his product too. He was a nice man (owned an RV), and gave us a good class on what was the best mix of foam to use. We wound up buying a couple of queen sized pieces of foam, one for the base and one memory foam for the top, and a mattress cover to put them in and went on down the road. We put them together at the bus this evening, and wow, it feels great. I've never "built" a mattress before, and after hearing all the "flim flam" about them and seeing how some are $500 and the next one with similar parts is $2500, I felt we might be able to come up with something that would work. Now, we just installed it and are just starting to use it, so the proof is in the pudding, as they say. We'll give it a good test and see if we really did good!! At least, with all the components separate, we can flip any of all of them at will when we see any problems. Waay to much for one day!

Oh, yeah, how the day started. We put our old mattress on Craig's list, and a girl called and said she wanted to buy it. Well she said she got paid on Friday, and would pick it up then. Well we were lying in bed this morning, and the phone rang, it was her saying she borrowed the money and could she get it right now. We said, wait 30 minutes or so and then come over. We had to jump out of bed (not easy for old folks), and get dressed, make coffee, and she was here. Now she picked up our old mattress, and we had to get busy, or sleep on the couch. What a way to start the day. Now I'm tired, and think I will take a Steve so by for now ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Let's see if I can get away wth this--invading the Class-less Class forum and not being a member.

Palamine--this is for you guys--we're in Williams Lake--and heading your way Saturday morning. Any chance of us getting in the campground on Saturday? We'd like to meet you guys and visit for a while.

Also some people said to go down Hiway 1 to Spences Bridge then down Hiway 8 to Merritt. Good idea?

David & Judi Kruse

Callie, Beagle

2012 Montana 3150 RL Hickory Edition

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4WD

"Off to see the Lizard"

www.mytripjournal.com/thekruses

Let's see if I can get away wth this--invading the Class-less Class forum and not being a member.

Palamine--this is for you guys--we're in Williams Lake--and heading your way Saturday morning. Any chance of us getting in the campground on Saturday? We'd like to meet you guys and visit for a while.

Also some people said to go down Hiway 1 to Spences Bridge then down Hiway 8 to Merritt. Good idea?

Hey, that's great. We are both working but we will definitely fit some visiting in somewhere. I work until 2 and then have kids activities until 4ish. We have a movie in the amphitheater at 8:30. Showing The Life of Pi. I will have the girl who takes over at 2:00 radio me when you arrive.

The park may be full but we use our parking lot which is right on the side of the lake as overflow. As long as you have an rv you are never turned away.

Looking forward to speaking rveese!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hey, that's great. We are both working but we will definitely fit some visiting in somewhere. I work until 2 and then have kids activities until 4ish. We have a movie in the amphitheater at 8:30. Showing The Life of Pi. I will have the girl who takes over at 2:00 radio me when you arrive.

The park may be full but we use our parking lot which is right on the side of the lake as overflow. As long as you have an rv you are never turned away.

Looking forward to speaking rveese!

Yeah, the Spences Bridge way is way more scenic. Longer, but more scenic.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Lake Havasu City is perhaps the most un-RV-friendly place we have boondocked. If you are in a park, yeah, good all the amenities but pricey. Craggy

Wash was interesting but there is not one water kiosk in the whole city. We had to take our 5 gallon bottle to Walmart almost every day. To dump you have to pay to use the State Park. There is more boondocking south of the city but again no water and quite a ways from town.

We've been there before. We stayed at the CRA park and also at the state park (or is it the city park) right on the lake. We really liked the location of the state park. However, considering it was $25 a night to boondock, we definitely had to figure if the waterfront spot was worth it there. We also liked the CRA park but could never find the boondocking places you talked about. You know us. We never know where we'll end up until we're there. Right now the only place we are really planning on is the CRA park in Parker. When ? Not sure.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We've been there before. We stayed at the CRA park and also at the state park (or is it the city park) right on the lake. We really liked the location of the state park. However, considering it was $25 a night to boondock, we definitely had to figure if the waterfront spot was worth it there. We also liked the CRA park but could never find the boondocking places you talked about. You know us. We never know where we'll end up until we're there. Right now the only place we are really planning on is the CRA park in Parker. When ? Not sure.

Hopefully it will be sometime in February.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I got up this morning before the sun broke the horizon and aired my tires to get them the same pressure on both sides of the truck and trailer. Then I stained the grave marker I just got done carving

Then I took my walk then took a Steve. That's about it for the day.

Well, I still haven't been to the slabs so that might be interesting. But the couple who can't bring their rig into California wouldn't like that to be the main gathering place, either. We usually have a series of sites anyway with everyone gathering at Q then a bunch moving on to Pilot Knob or Plamosa Road or ? We don't all arrive at the same time or depart at the same time anyway. I think as long as some of us get to Q during the show then we move to where the rest of us can gather most of us will be happy. I have a couple other groups meeting in Q the week of the show so I may not be joining our group much during that time but I could come to wherever after if that's what I need to do to catch up with all of you. I do want to eat some more of Toni's cooking. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I was joking about the Slabs but every one should experience it at least one time. Some will love it some will hate it.

If anyone goes there on their own park some where near the LOW compound. Don't park very close to any of the locals cuz some are locos and they go off the deep end if they think someone is encroaching on them.

Well, if we head back to the Slabs, we'll follow you in for protection!

This is what I think I'm reading about a reunion. January seems to be the month. It always seems to be the month. Most will go to Yuma but if during the RV show, many want to trek to the show. Some will only stay a few days if in Yuma during the show. Most will go to Q -- probably more than Yuma. If it's during the RV show, it works for them. The extra drop-ins are in "Q" and not in Yuma. I don't know anything about the LTVA in Yuma becoming paid LTVA but does that really make a difference?

So, what's wrong with having a two-part event? I'm thinking it needs to be in "Q" during the RV show and then everyone or most can move on down to Yuma after that for the following week. That way both bases are covered since most people go both places anyway. Or, it can start in Yuma the week before and move on up to Q for the RV show. Folks kind of do that anyway.

The only thing would be location in "Q" and location in Yuma. We've always been at Pilot Knob in Yuma and around the dump in Q. However, folks have commented about being too far in at Q. It could either be moved closer to 95, at the LTVA across the road or a number of other places. Thoughts?

There's still another question .... how long can we put up with each other??

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Sounds good, Jeri. Then its up to Parker, for us at least. Sounds like there are 4-5 of us with boats. Should be fun times!

Pour l'instant, nous apprenons à parler français parce que nous sommes au Québec.

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Boats? Steve and Carol ... any idea where you'll be this winter?<br /><br />South only has the dump that's true but across the road isn't quite so congested. Of course, you can't really see the line from there. I'm curious about dumping facilities in Yuma especially if it's all fee now. The Shell is handy but that certainly wouldn't be included in the LTVA fee. I wonder why they've changed that or if they have.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Sue,

where do you plan to stay in Parker? We stay at Emerald Cove which is on the CA side from Parker. If you guys are planning to Kayak in the river at Parker, I hope you have strong arms. We have always thought that the current there runs pretty fast. Does the $40 you pay work for either the North or South side of LaPosa?

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

The $40 applies to all of the LTVAs around Quartzsite and also Yuma.

We saw some kayakers in the Colorado River last year. I'm not sure if they were just going downstream. Lots of times folks do a piggy back so they don't have to go upstream. We won't know a thing about that current until we try it I guess.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!