The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

I drove over to Las Cruces today and got the oil changed in my truck. I also went to the health food co-op and bought 50 cans of No Salt Added Beans. I won' t go hungry even if the government never goes back to work. Now all I have to do is find a way to get the gas they cause into my tank. I promise to park down wind of the class this January. I've got kidney, black, pinto and Navy. I hope I can find another store that carries them when I run out. They are hard to find. The store didn't have any in cases so I filled the shopping cart with loose cans off the shelf. It took about a half hour to take them out of the shopping cart and put them in my truck. Then I had the same thing to go through again when I got home.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also went to the health food co-op and bought 50 cans of No Salt Added Beans.

I hope you have some rice to go with those beans. My understanding is that turns them into a complete protein. I don't think it does anything about the jet fuel side effect, though.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I hope you have some rice to go with those beans. My understanding is that turns them into a complete protein. I don't think it does anything about the jet fuel side effect, though.

Linda Sand

I don't eat rice but I eat a lot of other whole grains that furnish the amino acids that the beans don't have. That rice is very hard to eat unless you cook it and my stove won't cook rice. In fact it don't cook anything. That board on top of it don't conduct heat very well.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Nook no more! Yup, we tore it out and replaced it with a teak table with two leaves and two quaker chairs. Also replaced the blind on the dining room window. Doug put trim down on the whole slide. Looking good. Pictures in the blog soon. We have been busy!

We are going to the Kinetic Festival in Port Townsend tomorrow with Joe's friend, Linda. (Joe is WORKING.) Sunday morning we board the ferry again and hook up with Jeri and Terry later in the day. Movin' on. Feels so good.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Nook no more! Yup, we tore it out and replaced it with a teak table with two leaves and two quaker chairs. Also replaced the blind on the dining room window. Doug put trim down on the whole slide. Looking good. Pictures in the blog soon. We have been busy!

We are going to the Kinetic Festival in Port Townsend tomorrow with Joe's friend, Linda. (Joe is WORKING.) Sunday morning we board the ferry again and hook up with Jeri and Terry later in the day. Movin' on. Feels so good.

Yep and as part of that WORKING thing I got to move my pin again. Now sitting so close to the Canadian Border I can hear the "EH's". Hated to have to leave Doug and Toni, but duty calls. :huh:

You all have fun tomorrow, hear?

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I went out to Denny's for breakfast this morning. On the way back to the ranch I decided I didn't want to go home yet and just kept going all the way to Columbus on the Mexican boarder. I visited Poncho Villa State Park and their museum. And talked with a couple friends I know from there. Then came back to the ranch and took a Steve. Tonight seven of us went to the truck stop 13 miles west of town for diner. An enjoyable day.

A great day. Very comfortable temperatures then this afternoon a friend that I haven't seen in a while come rolling in and will be here a while. Then just as I started to drive out to the winery to attend the wine fest Foofy and Goofy (KaynDan) come rolling up. We talked a while then made plans to have diner together. They went to take care of some chores and I went on out to the winery where I met 3 of the cowgirls from the ranch. We listened to the band and had some cranberry juice and talked about every one who wasn't there. By then it was time to go to Foofy and Goofy's rig. We jumped in their car and headed for the Ranchers grill where we had a very nice diner. After diner we sat and talked about all our Classless friends who if they knew what we said may no longer be friends. All your ears should be ringing like a 4 alarm fire bell. Chalk today up as a keeper. I really enjoyed it.

Edited by IYQ

Yeah, met up with Jeri and Terry today. We had an uneventful day (uneventful is good). Left Joe's this morning, took the ferry to Port Townsend, down the Hood Canal and met Jeri and Terry in Longview. They led us out to County Line park about 1/2 way between Longview and Astoria. Tomorrow we shop in tax-free Oregon for a generator and two batteries. The four of us will discuss where and when we are going next.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Sounds like a lot of good meetings going on. We are still in Firestone Colorado at my nieces house. We have had a great time with her and her family and my sister and BIL., but now it's time to move on. We had two problems we had to fix before we could leave. One is my eyeglasses. I needed new ones, and after getting an exam, lens crafters made me a pair. Well after I got home and started watching TV, I realized they wouldn't work. Then driving back to the store, I also realized I couldn't see long distance either. They did an eye check with their own doctor and came up with different numbers. They made a second pair, and while driving back home realized they were better, but still not good enough. Aarrrgghhh! Anyway, I have to go back to them tomorrow to get a recheck on the lab work and hopefully fixed up with something that will work. In the meantime, one of Carol's external hard drives quit, and we had to have a restore company work on it for a week to recover all the information that was on it. They should be done with it tomorrow, so we are planning on heading West on I-70 Tuesday morning. That is if I can see the HW signs. :wacko: We are heading for Moab to meet some RV friends that we knew from Olympic peninsula area, near Port Townsend. They run Smitty's RV park, near the SKP park there. We also have to rest from all the family activity we have been involved in for the past month. All I need to do now is set the tire pressures for the new cool air, and hit the hill. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

A lazy day today. I got up about 4:30, drank a cup of coffee then went back to bed until 7. When I started to get breakfast I remembered that I didn't have any fruit and had forgot to go get some yesterday. So off to Denny's for breakfast. I came home still forgetting to go for fruit and took my walk. I found that several of my friends had arrived and of course I had to chat with each of them for about an hour. After happy hour at 4 PM. I went back to town had my diner and finally remembered to go to the store and buy some fruit. That sure ruined a good excuse to go out for breakfast tomorrow. This evening I was looking at telescopes on the internet. I think I'll order one. A good quality Schmidt Cassegrain scope cost less than 1K with all the accessories. (That is a big scope in a small package.) It would have computerized set-up and object location. We could have our own star parties at the January get together. And I wouldn't have to throw out too many things to store it in my rig.

We had two problems we had to fix before we could leave. One is my eyeglasses. I needed new ones, and after getting an exam, lens crafters made me a pair. Well after I got home and started watching TV, I realized they wouldn't work. Then driving back to the store, I also realized I couldn't see long distance either. They did an eye check with their own doctor and came up with different numbers. They made a second pair, and while driving back home realized they were better, but still not good enough. Aarrrgghhh! Anyway, I have to go back to them tomorrow to get a recheck on the lab work and hopefully fixed up with something that will work. In the meantime, one of Carol's external hard drives quit, and we had to have a restore company work on it for a week to recover all the information that was on it.

Steve, I bought an expensive pair of glasses from my ophthalmologist one time and as soon as I put them on I knew something was wrong. They said they're a new prescription and give my eyes a chance to get used to them. So, after a few days I took them back and they discovered that the lens prescription had been reversed for each one during manufacture. I was looking through 20/150 for an eye that is 20/40 and vice versa...hard to get used to that!

BTW, we use Carbonite to make sure that all our stuff is backed up and can be restored easily...had to do that once and worked like a snap. It works unnoticed in the background and since the data is stored in the "cloud" you don't have to worry about scheduling manual backups to an external HD that could be stolen or god forbid your RV burns down.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

This evening I was looking at telescopes on the internet. I think I'll order one. A good quality Schmidt Cassegrain scope cost less than 1K with all the accessories. (That is a big scope in a small package.) It would have computerized set-up and object location. We could have our own star parties at the January get together. And I wouldn't have to throw out too many things to store it in my rig.

Lee, wish we could make that star party this year...I've always enjoyed looking at the stars (especially out West) and sharing some cranberry juice with a star ninja!

Lynn and I are hitting the Eastern states with the plan of visiting all the historical sites. However, thanks to the government mess we're finding that we're locked out due to shutdowns. Can't even access the website that I use to point my RV batwing! I feel bad for Tina and Jeff who were slated to see D.C. etc.

Roger

Roger & Lynn Rempe

Class of 2012 & "Class-less"!

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" -- Mark Twain (Innocents Abroad)

Sounds like a lot of good meetings going on. We are still in Firestone Colorado at my nieces house. We have had a great time with her and her family and my sister and BIL., but now it's time to move on. We had two problems we had to fix before we could leave. One is my eyeglasses. I needed new ones, and after getting an exam, lens crafters made me a pair. Well after I got home and started watching TV, I realized they wouldn't work. Then driving back to the store, I also realized I couldn't see long distance either. They did an eye check with their own doctor and came up with different numbers. They made a second pair, and while driving back home realized they were better, but still not good enough. Aarrrgghhh! Anyway, I have to go back to them tomorrow to get a recheck on the lab work and hopefully fixed up with something that will work. In the meantime, one of Carol's external hard drives quit, and we had to have a restore company work on it for a week to recover all the information that was on it. They should be done with it tomorrow, so we are planning on heading West on I-70 Tuesday morning. That is if I can see the HW signs. :wacko: We are heading for Moab to meet some RV friends that we knew from Olympic peninsula area, near Port Townsend. They run Smitty's RV park, near the SKP park there. We also have to rest from all the family activity we have been involved in for the past month. All I need to do now is set the tire pressures for the new cool air, and hit the hill. Steve

A few days late. But maybe afterwards you can catch up with us.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

WOW!! You have your plate full. Bummer about the glasses.

Dave & Diane

2020 New Horizon Majestic  5th wheel

2018 Ram 5500

2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH (SOLD)
2012 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited (SOLD)

http://daveanddiane.wordpress.com/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWqRmO1rO4cu3rFANF1iG6Q

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10752;80/st/20120701/e/Went+fulltime/dt/-2/k/271f/event.png

I just came back from the restaurant and a Half Rack of Ribs. I'm stuffed. I tried to get some questions answered today about the telescope I think I may order. They all gave me the I'll have so and so call you back in a few minutes. Yeah right, I'm still waiting. I went on one of the Astronomy Forums and ask about venders with good customer service. I got a few replys so will try them tomorrow over the phone and see what happens. I think I'll ask some of the questions I have on the forum so I already know the answers before I ask the Vender. I trust them all. Don't I sound like a trusting soul.

I did a little trouble shooting on my water problem today and I think I have it narrowed down to one hose or one "L" causing the problem. I'll find out if that topper awning ever gets here. Jimmy checked on it and they said it was sent on the 2 nd. They sure used a slow mule train to send it cause it isn't here yet. Oh Well maybe tomorrow. If it isn't here soon I'll tell Jimmy to cancel the order and send it back to the company if it ever gets here. As of tomorrow it will be two weeks since I ordered it.

Well, we closed the Gros Ventre campground in Grand Teton NP a day ahead of sched (thanks to DC morons) and left yesterday, heading down to Moab for a while. Now in Provo. Feels really good to be in the road again, even if we won't be able to visit Arches and Canyonlands.

Just catching up on the forum. - Steve44 & Carol - when will you guys be down in Moab?

We'll be staying at the OK RV park south of town for a week, and then maybe boondocking somewhere.

Is there a Class of get together location for Q yet (assuming there is still a Q...)?

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

We had dinner with Toni and Doug tonight. They're on their southward movement and heading out tomorrow. We'll catch up with them down the road in a day or two.

There IS a get together but just don't think a place was actually decided. The main thing was that it was in a little different location than it had been in the past. I think someone had comment that they still liked it being close to facilities. It seems most everyone wants to visit Q during the RV show. I'm thinking it's probably time to figure out just where it'll be.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Lynn and I are hitting the Eastern states with the plan of visiting all the historical sites. However, thanks to the government mess we're finding that we're locked out due to shutdowns. Can't even access the website that I use to point my RV batwing! I feel bad for Tina and Jeff who were slated to see D.C. etc.

Roger

The shut down has thrown a kink in some of the plans. Like could see Gettysburg but couldn't get close to the monuments. The tour people are adlibbing quite well. Moving to College Park, Maryland this morning with a tour this afternoon. Will be here for a few days seeing D.C. and Baltimore. They keep us moving and busy. Later.

Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Well, we closed the Gros Ventre campground in Grand Teton NP a day ahead of sched (thanks to DC morons) and left yesterday, heading down to Moab for a while. Now in Provo. Feels really good to be in the road again, even if we won't be able to visit Arches and Canyonlands.

Just catching up on the forum. - Steve44 & Carol - when will you guys be down in Moab?

We'll be staying at the OK RV park south of town for a week, and then maybe boondocking somewhere.

Is there a Class of get together location for Q yet (assuming there is still a Q...)?

Dave & Nancy, we will be pulling out of here on I-70 Wed morning as far as I can tell, and heading in the direction of Moab. Still waiting on hard drive info which we should get today. Got new glasses finally and now note that those fuzzy multi-colored things on the road are cars!! :o Will keep you advised! B) Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Uneventful trip from the Washington side of the Columbia to the Oregon side of the Columbia. We are at Nehalem Bay State Park ($20.00 a night for electric and water) until tomorrow and then will meet up with Jeri and Terry in Lincoln City.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

My RV Parts came in today (finally). I'll take my rig in Thursday. I called another optics supplier today. What a difference. After one ring, the web guy came on and told me to hold he'd be right back. He was back in about 1 1/2 minutes and ask how he could help. I told him I needed someone to help me decide what telescope to buy. He said you need a tech for that and said he was just the web guy. Then told me to hold again and he'd find one. He came back on and said he'd transfer my call and did. The tech ask me how I was going to use the scope. I explained that I lived in an RV full time and storage space was very limited. I also told him I wanted to view celestial object and limited terrestrial objects. He recommended the same scope that I had picked but I had never told him what I had been looking at. Then he said they had a foam lined case for storage but advised I go to Wal-mart and buy a Rubbermaid box and use the molded packing material from the shipping box to protect it because the case for it cost $229. Then he asked if I could wait a couple weeks because that scope is going on sale near the end of the month. I ask if I should ask for him when I ordered it. He said they don't work for commissions but if I wanted him to help me to just ask for Pete.

Now I'll do business with a place like that.

Edited by IYQ

Uneventful trip from the Washington side of the Columbia to the Oregon side of the Columbia. We are at Nehalem Bay State Park ($20.00 a night for electric and water) until tomorrow and then will meet up with Jeri and Terry in Lincoln City.

Well you guys need to head down to Depoe Bay for dinner with Terry and Jeri. Gracie's Sea Hag has excellent seafood. Shoot, Jeri might even like their Clam Chowder. :D

Home for now, but headed back up near 'EH" land again Thursday.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota