The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Well you guys need to head down to Depoe Bay for dinner with Terry and Jeri. Gracie's Sea Hag has excellent seafood. Shoot, Jeri might even like their Clam Chowder. :D

Home for now, but headed back up near 'EH" land again Thursday.

Joe

As long as the clam chowder tastes like clams and not bacon, I'll be happy. Depoe Bay is on the schedule but not sure when. We pull out of here tomorrow. First stop is Camping World for an oil change, Fry's Electronics and then on to the Oregon Coast.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as the clam chowder tastes like clams and not bacon, I'll be happy. Depoe Bay is on the schedule but not sure when. We pull out of here tomorrow. First stop is Camping World for an oil change, Fry's Electronics and then on to the Oregon Coast.

Right on, since I don't eat that stuff, I can only pass on what others have told me. There is a Place along the coast there, I think just south of Depoe Bay, called the Whale Cove Inn. My ex Father in Law said they had the best Clam Chowder he had ever eatin, but that was a long time ago and the ownership has changed. So I can't say anything about their food anymore.

However the Rogue Ale Brew Pub in Old Town Newport has good grub also.

Travel Safe,

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

My RV Parts came in today (finally). I'll take my rig in Thursday. I called another optics supplier today. What a difference. After one ring, the web guy came on and told me to hold he'd be right back. He was back in about 1 1/2 minutes and ask how he could help. I told him I needed someone to help me decide what telescope to buy. He said you need a tech for that and said he was just the web guy. Then told me to hold again and he'd find one. He came back on and said he'd transfer my call and did. The tech ask me how I was going to use the scope. I explained that I lived in an RV full time and storage space was very limited. I also told him I wanted to view celestial object and limited terrestrial objects. He recommended the same scope that I had picked but I had never told him what I had been looking at. Then he said they had a foam lined case for storage but advised I go to Wal-mart and buy a Rubbermaid box and use the molded packing material from the shipping box to protect it because the case for it cost $229. Then he asked if I could wait a couple weeks because that scope is going on sale near the end of the month. I ask if I should ask for him when I ordered it. He said they don't work for commissions but if I wanted him to help me to just ask

for Pete.

Now I'll do business with a place like that.

Wow, great service.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Utah State Parks just announced that they will honor the Annual Federal park pass, which will really help all those people who bought one and are now screwed. I hope that means they will honor our OldFartsPass also!

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

I called another optics supplier today.

Now I'll do business with a place like that.

Yay for good service!

That's the way I feel about National Camera Exchange. When I wanted a new small camera before we went to London they asked me if I could wait because one their tech was anxious to buy for himself was about to come out. You don't get that everywhere.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Okay ... here's a thought since we got comments on the get together a while back. I really liked the idea of Parker but I don't know of a place folks could congregate in the Parker area that wasn't way out in the boonies.

Some folks wanted to do Yuma but more folks seemed like they had an interest in visiting Quartzsite during the RV show. So, maybe a split would work and everyone can be accomodated. The RV show and festivities in "Q" begin on January 18th. We know every place will really be full that week so if a get together is going to happen there during the show, it would probably have to start a tad prior to that. So, what about designating the beginning of the Quartzsite "reunion" January 16th in that location ??

Now that leaves Yuma. Folks can start the partying in Yuma about January 13th (like an appetizer) and move on down to Quartzsite or Yuma can be saved for folks traveling from Quartzsite to Yuma after the RV show around the 25th (like dessert) ?

At least that would give two choices. So, let's hear from everyone if they would plan on one or plan on both. At least we'd be able to see where we stand and plan accordingly.

Let the votes start coming in. Who is coming????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

You said that perfectly Jeri.

We would be the ones in Yuma, saving a place for those who don't want to do the RV show, or those who would do the show and then want to get together in Yuma (Pilot Knob). We will probably take a run up to Quartzite for the day one day but return to Pilot Knob afterwards.

We were at Quartzsite for a total of six weeks last winter and that's enough for us for a good long while. We like Yuma because of the shopping available (indoor and outdoor swap meets with all the same stuff as the show at Quartzsite), Da Boyz and the fact that Foofy and Goofy would be included.

There's no reason we can't make everyone happy.

Edited by palamine

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Today I turned into Mr Fix-It wether I wanted to or not. Right after breakfast the gal 2 spaces down from me knocked on the door. She had an electric heater and said she didn't know how to get it to work. The buttons on it were intuitive enought and the fan came on but no heat. So I took it apart to see if the element had burned out. I found the 117 VAC wire to the element had corroded and broke the welded connection to the element. I wasn't able to re weld it but managed to get it wedged in a crack on the connector pretty solid and it worked fine. I doubt it the heater cost more that 40 buck new a real cheapy. Then a new neighbor came into the site beside me. She had just taken her rig out of storage and couldn't get the door open. It was a class C so she could get in the cab doors. She had taken the screws ot of the door latch and it wouldn't come completely out because one of the screws was between the screen door and the hard door. I had her go outside and push the outside of the latch box back in the hole then fiddled around with the latch handle till I finally got it to catch on the latch and put one of the screws back in to hold it there. Then I pulled the latch handle to unlatch the door and pushed real hard through the screen door slider and the door finally opened. I handed her the screw driver and told her to put all the screws back in and re tighten them all. When I saw her later at happy hour she said it worked just like it is supposed to and was happy as a lark. After hooking up my trailer to the truck so I can take it into the service place in the morning another neighbor came over and said her furnace didn't work so she took it to a shop here that specializes in automotive electric systems. They told her it needed a new thermistate and circuit board in the furnace but was going to charge her more than she could pay. I looked at the circuit board and the relay had arked and welded the point together. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I put in a new fuse and it worked but wouldn't shut off. So I took the two wire off the relay that went to the points and put a toggle switch on them and told here to manually operate the furnice in the morning to warm her rig up then shut it off with the switch until she could get the circuit board replaced. The relay was soldered into to circuit board so it would be hard to replace just it and you probably wouldn't find one at Radio Shack anyway. I'm now retired from the fixit business and hope to stay that way.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I don't really care for Q but will be there if every on else wants to go there. I could take a few days at plamosa road or Jolly Roger then move on down to Sidewinder/pilot knob. However I do think that Q is the only place we are apt to pick up new members if that is the intent of the reunion but if it's just for us to get-to-gather any old place will do. Foofy and Goofy said they would just drive up to Q like they did last year if we have it in Q. So I vote, just Vote, no place specified.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We just want to see everyone wherever. Want to visit Q one day during the big tent but can drive there from anywhere for a day. We like Yuma because of all the stores, and Mexico. We also want to spent some time around water, Imperal dam, Parker dam or maybe Lake Havasu. It will be after the 10th before we can get there, hope everyone is still there.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

A lot of it depends on when we leave Amazon. We will need at least 2 weeks in Livingston to get things done there before we head West. Not sure if we would get there before the 16th. We do like Yuma better than Q so I guess that would be our vote. Really just want to see everyone again. Doesn't really matter where. Its the people not the place!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Sounds like a double dip affair but we do want to accommodate everyone's "jello" plans as best we can. It looks like it might be a "Q" first and "Y" later. Maybe the next question should be ... is there anyone who WOULD NOT attend if held in Yuma? Perhaps, three or four days one place and three or four days the next?

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

We will be in Q, but probably not in Yuma. We vote for an early start in Q on the 16th

Paul and Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I will be in Q but probably not Yuma unless the only gathering is in Yuma. Seeing everyone is more important than where but I'd prefer not to have the extra miles to Yuma.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Even though many have indicated they prefer Yuma over "Q" as a place to stay, "Q" still wins as those most likely to attend a get together at "Q". So, let it be there beginning on the 16th with folks wanting to get together before in Yuma or after in Yuma starting at the end of the RV show around the 27th. That's not to say folks won't be arriving before the 16th in "Q" or even after it but this is a reunion so we'd like to see as many class-mates as possible.

Location in "Q" ... most seem to want to stay at the La Posa South because of easy access to water and the dump. My suggestion would be to do it in an entirely different location in the LTVA. Where we have been staying is a long ways in and it's rougher for the motorcycle riders. There are many large areas closer to the main road. What do you say we homestead one of those places without going very far from the paved road?

Also, last year we ended up with a "garage sale" table. It was actually kind of fun. We'll put up a table to deposit all of the items you've been carrying around on that you no longer want. Surely someone will want them but let's make folks work for them. Ideas are in the making so come prepared with donations to our garage sale.

Another thought for each person is to bring a swap exchange item that most folks might want. No limit set. This will be a different table and we'll have an event for it.

How does all of that sound?

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

It sounds good to me especially if every one fills both tables with cranberry juice.

I spent most of the day at the RV service place. My troubleshooting paid off. They found a pea sized ball of mineral deposit in the tube that I had narrowed it down to. It was small enough to go down the tube but too large to go through the "L". They replaced the vacuum breaker on the John. Installed a new slide topper and sealed a crack in the caulk on the roof of the slide. They didn't have the invoice for the slide topper yet so Jimmy ask me to come by and pay the bill the next time I come into town.

Tonight I took the cowgirl, that was at Eagle Nest with me, to dinner at the Savoy.

Edited by IYQ

This is our plan also. Definitely want to see our friends that we haven't seen in a while and meet some new members. It is a shame Joe will not be here because Jeri will. Miss everybody! J&J

Glad you guys are going to be on the move this winter. We will go to Q but will probably not get there until the 17th or 18th so save us a spot!!

This is what is keeping us going through Amazon. The light at the end of the tunnel and our getting to see all our friends this year!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com