Duracell 12v Grp 31 AMG at Sam's Club...$179

rbertalotto

They're Back!

I bought two last summer and I was told they were the last ones available in my area and they were discontinued. I paid $179 each and then got 20% by opening a Sam's Club Master Card

Well I just got an email of offerings and the Duracell group 31 AMG battery is listed and still at $179 each.

Can't beat this with a stick!

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

Can't beat this with a stick!

Hmmm... that's still a hybrid and only has 105ah's capacity. I would still go with their GC 6v true deep cycle cells unless you really 'need' AGM's. You'll get MUCH more bang for your buck. 2 - 6v's will get you 220ah's in a true deep cycle for around $160-$170 a set.

You would need two of those in parallel to get 210 Amp Hours at 12 Volt or you could use two of their lead acid six volt true deep cycle golf cart batteries in series to get around 220 Amp Hours at 12 Volts. YOUR CHOICE

However I prefer and recommend true deep cycle batteries for RV use versus semi or quasi hybrid RV/Marine battery like the battery you cited.

Your money your choice if you want a hybrid semi deep cycle or a true deep cycle and if you want AGM ?????????????? I'm NOT going to argue anyones choice of AGM or Lead Acid or Lithium or Deep Cycle versus Hybrid !!!!!!!!!!

John T

What leads you to believe it is a hybrid? By hybrid I believe you mean it is for starting and deep cycle?

My understanding from Duracell that these batteries are a true deep cycle and not recommended for starting.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

What leads you to believe it is a hybrid? By hybrid I believe you mean it is for starting and deep cycle?

My understanding from Duracell that these batteries are a true deep cycle and not recommended for starting.

Most any battery that is listed as a "marine" or "marine/RV" deep cycle is going to be a hybrid, but the other dead giveaway is that true deep cycle batteries will not have a CCA or reserve capacity rating as they are not well suited for use as a starting battery. Yes.. starter/deep cycle hybrid.

Duracell's little catchphrase in their brochure for this particular battery is, "Start strong, troll long...". ;)

FWIW I agree with Yarome. The batteries Ive seen that are labeled RV/Marine are designed to pack sufficient starting punch to start a sometimes huge Marine engine PLUS operate the Trolling Motor IE Dual Purpose or Hyrbrid and NOT full true deep cycle batteries that have fewer but thicker plates. SURE they will "work" but I still prefer and recommend true deep cycle golf cart batteries which in my opinion "work better", for RV use, do as you please is fine by me.

John T

do as you please is fine by me.

Me too. I hope my comments weren't taken as saying what you "should" do or buy... just clarifying what it is you're actually getting for your 179 bones. Hybrids and full/true/actual deep cycle cells are not created equal, but it's very easy to get confused with how battery suppliers market their batteries these days. It's up to you to decide what type, size, capacity and price best suits your specific needs.

Plenty of folks around that are more than willing to help answer any other specific questions you might have. ~ Cheers

Archived