A short video looking over the "Hood" whilst on the way home after leaving from Las Vegas.

mr. cob

Howdy All,

After visiting with Cory and his bride I took Hwy 93 north out of Las Vegas, it is a lonesome road for sure.  Anyway whilst driving this road a song popped up on my CD player that I thought kinda described this desolate stretch of road.  This is the view looking over the Hood of the Pete, click the link if your a mind to.  Be sure to click full screen, some good shots of the gauges, my riding partner sleeping, the road and the Hood.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

6 minutes ago, spindrift said:

Desolate?!  That's beauty right there.

Howdy spindrift,

As they say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."  I agree that the desert has its own charm, I enjoy visiting and spending limited time in such locals but I could NEVER live there.  I need mountains, trees, rivers, steep and twisting roads to be happy.  That said, I have been in Death Valley during the 100 year bloom and it is magnificent.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, Mark&Bonnie said:

Great video Dave. Newt looks pretty comfy. Mark and Bonnie

Howdy Mark,

The little bugger should be comfy, he has a room with a view.  When he's not busy sleeping he will lay with his nose resting on the bottom of the "Wiener Window" and watch the world go by for hours on end, he loves riding in anything especially the truck.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

29 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

That big Kitty just purrs down the miles....

Howdy Jim,

That big yeller Kitty, gets one mile per gallon less then the Detroit that was in my Freightliner, and I could care less.  Having that power just makes the truck so much FUN to drive.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

That big Kitty just purrs down the miles....

Enjoyed video   Didn't do the math on your ride but wish my white kitty-3406b had your gears. My 3:90 gets me 1750 rpms @ 65 mph. There's a softer-mellow purr @ 1500 rpms. I don.t drive that fast so I'll get by. I like my doo whop music cruisin down the highway and a little country.

1 minute ago, beemergary said:

Enjoyed video   Didn't do the math on your ride but wish my white kitty-3406b had your gears. My 3:90 gets me 1750 rpms @ 65 mph. There's a softer-mellow purr @ 1500 rpms. I don.t drive that fast so I'll get by. I like my doo whop music cruisin down the highway and a little country.

Howdy Gary,

My Pete, has 3.55 gears in the axles and I think top gear ( 18th ) is a bit of an overdrive.  My Freightliner also had 3.55 gears in the axle but at 70mph it was turning 1,650rpm.  I have found that my truck gets its best fuel mileage and just pulls better when cruising if I run it in what ever gear is needed to keep it between 1,400 and 1,500rpm, that's the great thing about having the 18 speed, a gear for every need.

I have some pretty good doo whop music in my collection, I honestly enjoy all forms of music other then rap which I consider nothing but bad noise, Classical being one of my favorites I am a real Beethoven freak.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

29 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

I honestly enjoy all forms of music other then rap which I consider nothing but bad noise, Classical being one of my favorites I am a real Beethoven freak.

Dave, I think we'd get along fine, though I lean towards Wagner and Rossini, with a bit of Schumann.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

Just now, rickeieio said:

Dave, I think we'd get along fine, though I lean towards Wagner and Rossini, with a bit of Schumann.

Howdy rickeieio,

Wagner, next to Beethoven, he is my go to music maker when I am in the mood for something really heavy, Ride of the Valkyries sends shivers up my spine every time I listen to it.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Love that scenery!  Lived in the desert for 13 years, regret leaving it.  Beautiful!!    Get off the asphalt into the dunes and there is soooo much life going on.  The music selection, not so much, but to each his own!

2022 Coachman Leprechaun, traveling around to dark sky areas and chasing the stars.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Floyd Gibbons said:

Just curious, voltmeter showing just over 12 , and ammeter showing charging ???

Howdy Floyd,

The hot lead going from the alternator was loose, put a wrench on it and all is well showing 13.5 now normally.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived