Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

GhTh

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Can you change the alarm point (pressure however you guess at it), or simply tell it to reset? 

That is what the reset does as it uses the inflation pressure in each tire at the time of reset. The directions make it very clear that it is vital to have all tires inflated to the proper air pressure before doing a reset. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 15 years ago we had a pressure pro system complete with repeater. Had nothing but false alarms. Gave up and removed everything.  Bought a TST. Not only false alarms but the sensors often had to be reprogramed.  If I could find a system that worked would buy one.

2 hours ago, Bobbyb said:

About 15 years ago we had a pressure pro system complete with repeater. Had nothing but false alarms. Gave up and removed everything.  Bought a TST. Not only false alarms but the sensors often had to be reprogramed.  If I could find a system that worked would buy one.

I have had a TST system for 8 years now and no problems with it.  With our 40', fifth wheel and 3 axles, I have to use the repeater, or I lost the back axle signal.  I had a Tire tracker or Minder, I don't remember the name, and nothing but problems.  I finally gave it away.

Plus, the folks at TST are super helpful if you do have an issue.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

What is a "false alarm?"  Were these systems without a pressure display, and only say "too low?"  I've had a few different cheap TPMS on trailers, a truck, and a couple of motorcycles.  When they have problems the display simply stops giving me pressure at all.  It has never shown incorrect pressure (other than just failing to update a past pressure).  So I don't understand what a false alarm could be.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:10 AM, Bobbyb said:

We bought our original TST 510 system in 2008, and upgraded to the newer TST 507 system with user replaceable batteries in 2015 and to the even newer color display in 2020. Other than one sensor that failed due to damage from road debris, we've had no problems with false alarms, dropped programming, or anything else. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system