Closure - Hesperia - Pilot showers

Vegas Teacher

Hello All,

Hey just wanted to let you know if anybody was coming through California and planning on Boondocking at the Pilot in Hesperia the station is open for business but the showers are closed.

If you saw an earlier post I wrote about the wind and driving down the Fontana California in my Tundra, it was awful getting out of Vegas. I truely can't wait to get my truck done and set up completely to tow. I did find out I need get 4 new tires for my trailer, they are 8 years old. I also have no brakes on my trailer, codes on my prodigidy brake controler are telling me so. Once again I just want to get the 780 ready to go.

Anyway if you are planning a trip through Hesperia and thought about stopping there the gas pumps are going, restrooms are open but showers are not. I did not know this until I pulled up. I had even called to make sure it would be O.K. for me to stay there, even pulling with my Tundra. The person on the phone said sure come on down, but neglected to warn me about the shower situation. So we get there at 9:00 p.m. pull in to see the front of the station blocked off with entry only through Wendy's fast food door. We went in used the restroom and were informed the showers were being updated but closed for some time, I was not given a date on when they would open again. Also restrooms will be shut down soon but outside they will have a booth set up.

So we trained dogs all day on Saturday in Fontana. We train at a field just off of I - 10 and Citrus Ave. So having driven around the area I know that at Cherry and I -10 there is the Three Sisters Truck stop. So we are at a dog training seminar for Schutzhund. We taught all day Friday, no shower, worked dogs all Day Saturday, no shower Saturday morning. We decide to go out to eat as a group after practice Saturday night. I figure no problem. I will go down to 3 Sisters and grab a shower there. Panda Chines Restaraunt (not Panda Express) is just down the street about 10 minutes in Ontario California. We go in and ask for a shower room for two and the guy behind the counter ( this is 6:00 p.m.) says I only have 1 towel. D.W. says no problem we have extra in the truck. She goes out to get the towel we have. The guy behind the counter goes to grab his towel and it is not there. I am in a time crunch at this point. The D.W. brings in two hand towels from the truck, and we take a shower and dry off with hand towels. Luckly I have a buz cut so not much water on the head. LOL 😉 ! I guess I was lucky because a sign behind the desk of the cashier said showers for those with CDL's only. Might be another good reason to get the CDL some day. They are not at the top of my list to stop at again. 

Has anybody stopped at Travel America Truck stops and Travel Centers? Have you taken a shower there? How were you treated? Are there any other recomendations for boondocking at truck stops that are good to HDT / travel trailers & 5th wheels.

Later,

Vegas Teacher

Not about showers but one time I was traveling east on I-40 from CAin my 5th wheel. Having spent the night in Flagstaff AZ, I stopped in Albuquerque NM for lunch and called a campground in Amorillo TX to make a campground reservation for the night. I asked the guy do you have a pool. This was mid May. He said yes. When I got there about 4 hours later and pulled in the driveway I could see the pool which was empty with no water. When checking in I said I was told you have a pool. The guy said yes we have a pool but it’s doesnt open until Memorial Day. I told him that this would have been good information to tell someone who asked in early May do you have a pool. I was so looking forward to a swim. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Teach..........You are skating on Thin-ice with the shower babble here on the HDT forum.........

Of course you "find" the showers CLOSED...........shucks you made ALMOST everyone here blush describing your........"I scubb your back, I'll scrubb yours" "adventures" with your Co-ed-showers last trip West out of sin-city............Teach, folks in Kalifornia are so much more.......modest than you folks from Sin-City..........and of course us old geezers here on the forum are so very modest (excep-Big5er....sorta).......

Anyhow ..........forget the darn truck showers.........take the back-short-cut-into-sin-city...........drop by Tecopa Hot Springs and shower with the GEEZERS with UNLIMITED HOT (+116f) Water and of course you can take a continuing-education-tax-deduction because being a Bio-Teach you will be able to better understand the Age-Ing regression thingy with a visual seared into your mind that you will never forget.......and also.........with that many geezers in the water NO BAD BIO-GERM have any chance of getting out of Tecopa alive..........AND of course you will HAVE to crawl into the brewing company for a bucket of swill to get re-hydrated for the bonzi-run over the pass into sin-city........

Remember...........you are a teacher.........not a trucker........dont hang near the trucker-showers......don't make the truckers......blush.....

Drive on...........(Teach is on the verge of getting into.........Hot water)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

58 minutes ago, Dollytrolley said:

Teach..........You are skating on Thin-ice with the shower babble here on the HDT forum.........

Of course you "find" the showers CLOSED...........shucks you made ALMOST everyone here blush describing your........"I scubb your back, I'll scrubb yours" "adventures" with your Co-ed-showers last trip West out of sin-city............Teach, folks in Kalifornia are so much more.......modest than you folks from Sin-City..........and of course us old geezers here on the forum are so very modest (excep-Big5er....sorta).......

Anyhow ..........forget the darn truck showers.........take the back-short-cut-into-sin-city...........drop by Tecopa Hot Springs and shower with the GEEZERS with UNLIMITED HOT (+116f) Water and of course you can take a continuing-education-tax-deduction because being a Bio-Teach you will be able to better understand the Age-Ing regression thingy with a visual seared into your mind that you will never forget.......and also.........with that many geezers in the water NO BAD BIO-GERM have any chance of getting out of Tecopa alive..........AND of course you will HAVE to crawl into the brewing company for a bucket of swill to get re-hydrated for the bonzi-run over the pass into sin-city........

Remember...........you are a teacher.........not a trucker........dont hang near the trucker-showers......don't make the truckers......blush.....

Drive on...........(Teach is on the verge of getting into.........Hot water)

Thanks you old fart! Yep you have already put images into my mind I will never get out of there.

Later,

Cory O

Archived