Rubber roof cleaning and how to extended life

oldride

Cleaning my roof today with camco cleaner and treatment. We have been hosting for almost 2 years now in same spot. We bought the 5evr used it's a 2010 model. I clean the roof at least 1 time a year more like every 9 months. Since it is under trees it has shade but gets a lot of pollen and sap. 

Was wondering if there might be a better product to treat with to extend the life of roof. I will start cleaning once every 2 months for now.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

I think you are doing the right thing now.  Keeping the EPDM material clean, any material for that matter, is the best action an owner can do to maintain their RV roof. At some point in time every RV roof reaches its end of life, we just want it to be later than sooner.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 1 year later...

Best thing I've heard of to extend the life of the roof is to keep off of it. Each step puts strain on the material and causes stretching or pulling away from anchor points, then you have the bubbling roof you see going down the interstate. The trailer owner probably doesn't even know what it looks like and I don't have any or reaching out to them to say "Hey Buddy, your roof is going to fail soon!".

I have fiberglass now with a lifetime warranty. The builders say it's fine to walk on. I used "Wet and Forget" on it and it made it much lighter. Next project "Some Day" will be to cover it with Solar Panels and I won't have to worry so much on how to keep the roof clean, just the panels. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

6 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Some coaches you can see roof from ground. Some you can't. 

Only if you are standing on a hill and the rig is in a valley. Even my Dave couldn't see the top of my van when standing on the ground near it. And vans are one of the shorted RVs around.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

Only if you are standing on a hill and the rig is in a valley. Even my Dave couldn't see the top of my van when standing on the ground near it. And vans are one of the shorted RVs around.

Linda

Not all roofs are flat. Like our Teton the roof rounds off on the side. If that not clean, it looks bad standing beside it.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1