Wiring Diagram

Rayzen

The refrigerator isn't coming on, when plugged into 110VAC. I have checked for 12VDC right at the input terminals of the fridge, but there is nothing there, so it's obviously a voltage supply problem to the fridge, not a problem with the fridge, itself. 

Next, I went to the converter and found that it is putting out the 12VDC like it's supposed to. So far, so good. 

Finally, I went to the fuse panel on the outside of the RV, but there is no fuse labeled "Reefer" or "Refrigerator." (All of the labelled fuses in the panel were fine, anyway)

So now I'm at  loss as to how to trace the wiring from the converter to the fridge, itself, since I don't have a wiring diagram for the RV. The owner's manual doesn't include such a wiring diagram. 

Does such a wiring diagram exist, somewhere? If anyone has one and would be so kind as to snap a picture of it, I would be forever grateful. Or if anyone could guide me to where I might be able to purchase one, that would be likewise appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Welcome to the Escapee forums. Some RV manufacturers supply electrical schematics or some type of drawings for electrical systems, but many do not. To be of any help we first need to know what make and model of RV you have? You may have to trace the wires back from the refrigerator.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Good luck trying to locate a wiring diagram brand of RV. You've checked the outputs (voltage) of all your 12V panel with a Volt-Ohm meter and there all OK, right? It's like Kirk stated, your probably going to have to trace the wires back toward the 12 volt panel.

Now here's a low level way of way of locating a known wire, doesn't always work, but it's cheap.

First: unplug your RV from the 120 volt power.

Second: Got your stand alone battery charger out and connect it to the 12 volt terminals in the        refrig compartment. Plug in the charger putting 12 volts onto the wires.

Third: Got out your Volt meter and go check all the wires coming into the 12V panel in your RV.

You should locate a wire in the 12 volt panel with 12 volts on it. It not, you've probably have a wire that's broken on cut into somewhere.

Good Luck

I want to add to the above way of finding your problem. 

Tracing back 12vdc to the fuse panel is a good way to check for that wire. You may need to remove all the fuses on the panel to find the one that is powered from the fridge area. You may have a connection problem where the 12vdc connects to the wire at the fridge. You may have a connection problem where that wire connects at the fuse panel. You may have a problem some where in that wire.

You may have a connection problem in the fuse holder on the fuse panel. You may have a fuse that looks good, test good but may not pass power.

Now you may have more than one problem and that would make you think.

My thoughts,.  Vern