PRE Pre Delivery Inspection!

aztex

Hi,

Almost there on new RV! It occurred to me that so far it has only been conversations. 

I was sick during the critical week of negotiations and could not get up there but since we agreed on price we're just moving right to PDI. Seems to me they'd want to make sure we're on the exact same page before going to the trouble and risk of "he said; I said". 

It's a much bigger risk for them. That's a lot of effort prepping an RV for PDI. 

Ever run in to a situation where you and the salesman disagree on what was promised and next step is sign the papers?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, aztex said:

Ever run in to a situation where you and the salesman disagree on what was promised and next step is sign the papers?

Maybe with today's smart phones you need to record those conversations?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Not really more effort for the dealer, they must clean it up at some point anyway.

Their real effort comes when you sit down in the paperwork office, before you sign.

It is usual for them to try to entice you to purchase about $8,000 in extras. Things like finance the sales tax and document fees, paint protection, fabric protection, extended service contract,  etc.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

12 hours ago, aztex said:

Bottom line: don't sign anything until everything promised is in writing and part of the final paperwork. By getting it all ready and shiny they are hoping you make an emotional purchase and let things slide.

Edited by filthy-beast

2020 Platinum F350 6.7L CC DRW, 2021 Riverstone Legacy 37mre 5th wheel

20 hours ago, aztex said:

The closing process is usually very much like that in buying a car. In most cases the salesperson is finished at that point and the "F&I" person takes over. (Finance & Insurance) Frequently, the F&I person is commissioned for "upselling" customers on things like fabric protectors, insurance, and financing and sometimes other things as well. If there are things that we promised but not yet completed they do need to be noted and signed by a company officer as sales promises that were not written can be difficult or impossible to get completed. I have many times had the F&I person attempt to sell additional things but only once have I walked away from a deal over promises that were made by sales but not completed prior to the sale or put into writing. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The closing process is usually very much like that in buying a car. In most cases the salesperson is finished at that point and the "F&I" person takes over. (Finance & Insurance) Frequently, the F&I person is commissioned for "upselling" customers on things like fabric protectors, insurance, and financing and sometimes other things as well.

When we bought ours, we were *handed off* to the finance guy.  The look n his face was priceless when he asked how we wanted to finance and I told him I had the cash.  He whined about no need to be there because he was not going to make any of the commission.  The salesman had just left for the day so he had to *handle* us out the door with our new to us camper.... LOL

Enjoy your new camper.  It's fun to deal with stealerships!

2022 Coachman Leprechaun, traveling around to dark sky areas and chasing the stars.

The last dealer I bought (new) from - provided a PDI via a mobile RV service at their expense.   Should add, I had never been to the dealer (in person) previously!  "Ordered" the RV via internet & phone, small (reasonable) deposit.  Drove 1K miles to pick it up when factory delivered it.  (Local CA dealers could not or would not match - or come close to the price).

After acceptance (no issues),  we "camped" on their lot for two nights - then spent another 4 or 5 days "outfitting" at a local RV campground.  During that stay, I (*thought*) I had a problem with the rear stabilizers, called the mobile service that had provided the PDI - they promptly came out to the campground - and showed me that all was OK (my error- operator trouble!) - at no charge.

NEVER had any warranty issues (or any others) during the 2 year factory warranty - or since.

Would I buy from the same dealer again (even if they are 1,000 miles away)? - You bet !!

Don't know if they are still in business - (Marden's in MT)  but had been in business for a looooong time when I handed over the check for  payment in full!