Class A Hydraulic Leveler Issues

Hello all,

I'm having something strange happening with my hydraulic leveling pump on my class A RV. The system is a powergear 81-1254. I went to put my batteries in for the season and noticed that the hydraulic leveler pump started running. I put the starter battery in first with no issues. Then put both aux batteries in and boom, hydraulic leveling pump started running. Normally with this system, I would need to parking brake on, key turned and the pump on button depressed for the pump to run. And litterally none of this had been done. I had tested everything prior to parking it for the winter. Worked fine.

Thanks for the help 

Welcome to the Escapee fourms! I would start by removing the fuse that supplies the system in order to get the coach batteries installed and everything else working. Since your RV has been in storage, the first thing that I would do is to examine the wire harness to the controls for signs of mouse damage. They may have shorted some wires together. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI