THANK YOU, AR SPEEDOMETER and GAUGE REPAIR.

mr. cob

Howdy All,

If you have an older Truck and need to have gauges or the speedometer repaired I highly recommend this shop,

AR SPEEDOMETER

3014N 74th E Ave.

Tulsa OK, 74115

Phone number, 918-835-3300

Some of you may remember that I posted looking for a functioning old style Peterbilt speedometer as mine had stopped recording over all mileage and trip mileage, I sent the speedometer to a recommended shop in Arizona, Precision Speed, they told me it was NOT repairable.  One of our members posted to that thread with an ad from an EBay outlet that said they could repair this type of speedometer, I contacted AR SPEEDOMETER, that said to send it to them that they would fix it.

Today I received in the mail my old speedometer totally rebuilt, showing the original miles plus a few for testing purposes with a one year warranty total cost to include shipping $162.00  That's 30 bucks cheaper then the new style speedometer which in my opinion looks like crap when compared to the old style.  Tomorrow I'll put my dash back together, I am a very happy camper.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

That's great news Dave! It's funny how they say things are not fixable when many times there is someone out there that can fix it. I had a $2.00 speaker for signal light sound and low air warning in my dash cluster fail and the dealer said it couldn't be replaced and quoted me $1600.00 to replace it with a new dash cluster. I ordered two speakers for $4.00 and soldered in a new one which took about 2 hrs total.

Very cool.  I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted.

2009 Volvo 670 with dinette/workstation sleeper - Walter
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

image.png.eaf8b965647f94e8667dc9daa8ef9a46.png