HDT friendly around Austin Tx

GlennWest

".............................................., Darryl is right." Phil, Aug. 2017

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

10 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

The statement I made was an attempt to remind people that insurance agents and other insurance people can read these forums, without signing in, and form policy based on what's posted. It doesn't take long to diagnose a cab air bag, take it out of service, and drive safely. Only takes a bit longer to repair properly.

Whisperer would not find it. spent a morning with it till I gave up. When to town and bought a child's bubbles and found it. Basically a day job. I would have been in the hurrican. I am about ready to rite this forum off. I thought you all were friends. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I wish you wouldn't Glenn, some of us only want to learn and occasionally be helpful, if we have experience with a specific issue.

I know it can be frustrating to look for help, and get anything but.  Keep in mind that the large majority of forum readers are just like you.

Most won't reply out if concern what someone else may say/do, but we cannot all learn without asking the questions.

I am glad you were able to get clear of the storm safely a found the significant leak and repair it. 

I keep a couple different size air line termination push to connect plugs in my box in hopes if I run into an issue on the road, I can cap the line and get safely off the road.

I learned on this forum about the kids bubble solution being a great leak finder, and have likely since used at least a gallon.(I have run out again and need to buy more)

Without this forum and the brave folks willing to ask questions, I would still be looking for why the truck would air down during an overnight stop.

Michael

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

Two lines of logic here:

1) Storm is coming.  We need to get out now, while we're still alive.

2) Truck is not road worthy.  If the air won't hold, the spring brakes set, and it's dead in the water, possibly blocking the escape route.  Now nobody behind us can escape either.

I'm glad I didn't have to make that choice.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

Glenn, it's because I'm trying to be your friend that I'm even here. 50 lbs of air won't even reset the low air alarm from flat, the air suspension and cab air circuits won't be energized. I'm not here to rag on your hearing, or vision, or body flexibility, but a leak in a cab bag on our truck takes under an hour to diagnose and change. During travel, we've had one leak, and an airline fitting took the cab suspension out of service until we got to a town with replacements.It was actually a Freightliner dealer, but bags are common between makes. GoodYear and Firestone make most of the air springs, any way. 
Two things come to mind if the truck wouldn't build past 50 psi, at idle. Either the bag had a huge hole in it, or your compressor is getting weak.

Edited by Darryl&Rita
Added last line

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

9 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Whisperer would not find it. spent a morning with it till I gave up. When to town and bought a child's bubbles and found it. Basically a day job. I would have been in the hurrican. I am about ready to rite this forum off. I thought you all were friends. 

Glenn, I absolutely get what you're saying. People can really be vicious when they're throwing rocks online and don't have to make the hard choices in a difficult time. Your posts and interesting projects are one of the reasons I still tune in. I truly hope you stay. Jay

14 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Glenn, it's because I'm trying to be your friend that I'm even here. 50 lbs of air won't even reset the low air alarm from flat, the air suspension and cab air circuits won't be energized. I'm not here to rag on your hearing, or vision, or body flexibility, but a leak in a cab bag on our truck takes under an hour to diagnose and change. During travel, we've had one leak, and an airline fitting took the cab suspension out of service until we got to a town with replacements.It was actually a Freightliner dealer, but bags are common between makes. GoodYear and Firestone make most of the air springs, any way. 
Two things come to mind if the truck wouldn't build past 50 psi, at idle. Either the bag had a huge hole in it, or your compressor is getting weak.

If you read his post, he couldn't find it in an hour. He worked on it all morning and ended up spending the day on it. He did the best he could under the circumstances. It may not have been his first choice, but neither was the hurricane. Jay

20 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I thought you all were friends. 

Most probably don't qualify as your friend.  I certainly don't think I do.  But I did empathize with your situation.  If a hurricane was bearing down on me, I would have weighed mitigation trade-offs too, and chosen a path similar, if not identical to the escapee plan you executed.

I've learned a lot from you posts about mini-split air conditioners and I may learn more from what you decide to do with batteries and voltages.

Please don't leave.

Dan 🙂

Edited by DanZemke
spelling

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car