Progressive industries EMS -Pt50X

Took another reading. TV and dvd, Paula Dean roaster, dc lights, both mini splits.Temperature now 94 outside. L1 8-10. L2 10-17. DW is cooking and started microwave convection cooking.Light and fan on microwave.  L1 now 31-41 L2 unchanged. Boy that microwave pulls some amps. DW told me see turned the roaster up from 225 to 300 just before I came in so that was likely the 41 amp display. It was 29, 31,29,41 on L1 on last 4 cycles. This is interesting, cooking is biggest draw.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Ok, Microwave off Fan and light still on. Paula Dean roaster still on, Started dishwasher. L1 goes to steady 22. L2 11-14. 

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

22 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Judging by all this I will be fine with 2 4400 watt magnums.

Glenn, I cant imagine TWO 4400 Watt units wont get you by... That's enough to power your own Zipcode lol and remember me parked next to you and plugged into your system......

Best wishes n God Bless

John T

So when you are plugged into a 30a, is that just charging the batteries and you are running everything through the inverters? How's the 220 mini split operate if you only have 30a? Planning on a 3 cassette mini split, 220v, 1600 watts max draw on heat pump and 20a breaker required for the unit  But there are a few places we like to go that only have 30a hookup. Assume Solar/batteries would make up the difference if needed. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Magnum plainly states in it's manual that it supplies split phase current even on 120v in. Now I can not verify this. If you go the Victron route, you will need two inverters. Run each leg to different inverter. Setup in software for splitphase and when you plug into a 30 amp circuit, one unit charges and other with assistance form the second produce split phase. Pulls energy fron battery to supply the voltage. Now I chose to go with a seperate 30 amp plug. I have bought 3 20amp chargers. P;lug into receptle box I have installed. Teton will be powered strickly from batteries and charged from 30 amp circuit. Now Steve Dixon in his Spacecraft used a 4dpt relay that when it sees 110v moves current to a dc power supply. That sends current to his Magnum PT-100 charge controller which charges his batteries. So you have 3 ways to do this. Well, he's fourth, solar.

Edited by GlennWest