Joule Case Battery Module

maryfair

The amount of electricity an oxygen concentrator consumes is based on the amount of oxygen it produces. The 120 watt units are typically rated at 2 liters per minute, with the 350 watt units rated around 5L and a 10L unit rated at about 600 watts. Your required oxygen flow rate will likely govern the appropriate unit for your use, and the power usage will go along with it. 

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

Mark,

Here's where I got the information about the 120 watt unit:  https://www.oxygenconcentratorstore.com/home-concentrator-comparsion/

It's the Inogen at Home 5L that says it's a 120 watt unit. I currently use 3 liters per minute and have the Respironics EverFlo unit. Maybe I misunderstood something.

Mary and Pete

I have four lithium batteries rated at 100 amps each or total 400.  Gives me between 4800-5000 watts of power.  I also have solar panels on the roof of 5th wheel and a 2800 true sine inverter.  The fridge is 120 volts.  I also have the inogen in home concentrator which draws around 120 watts and CPAP which draws total over 8 hours use of 380 watts.  All together, when the sun goes down and no charging, with lights on and tv along with the fridge operating, total draw is 20-22 amps dc.  So from around 5 pm until 8 am my total draw brings these four batteries down to A total draw of 300-325 amps.    You may need to rethink this joule box as it may not provide enough power.

Randy and Helen,

Your set up sounds like something that would work for me. Do you stop using the Inogen concentrator at 8am or do you run it off something else?

From what I've learned in this thread I've decided that the Joule would probably not be a great set up for me. 

Mary and Pete

2 hours ago, maryfair said:

Randy and Helen,

Your set up sounds like something that would work for me. Do you stop using the Inogen concentrator at 8am or do you run it off something else?

From what I've learned in this thread I've decided that the Joule would probably not be a great set up for me. 

I only use my concentrator at night

Please keep in mind that if you have an inverter to change dc to ac, you would be able to to keep your o2 concentrator working.  But to keep the batteries charged up, you either need to have enough batteries to get you through the night and then charge with and on board generator or several solar panel to recharge those batteries