How to Access Toilet Line behind Panel

elmo916

Hi All
We have a 2015 Forest River Legacy 340 Class A motor home and recently replaced the toilet 
In doing so, we now have a small leak under the wood panel where the toilet line comes out and connects to the toilet 
There appears no way to remove the panel to access the toilet line.
Does anyone know a way other than cutting into the wood panel to get to the toilet line?

6 hours ago, elmo916 said:

There appears no way to remove the panel to access the toilet line.

It may well be that there isn't such an access. What I have done in past situations of that type is to make a neat hole that gives you reasonable access and then once finished, make a new panel to cover that access hole with an inch or so larger dimensions. Fasten it in place with some of the finish screws that come with a trim ring and it will appear to have always been there and should you need to in the future, you will be able to use it again.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I suspect the panels are glued but looking at a picture on line it looks a raceway for more a water line. I betting the leak is coming from a water line tee.

Call customer service as I they have been there

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

13 hours ago, Kirk W said:

It may well be that there isn't such an access. What I have done in past situations of that type is to make a neat hole that gives you reasonable access and then once finished, make a new panel to cover that access hole with an inch or so larger dimensions. Fasten it in place with some of the finish screws that come with a trim ring and it will appear to have always been there and should you need to in the future, you will be able to use it again.

Thanks Kirk, we have also thought about doing that, but wanted to be sure there wasn't another way besides cutting into the paneling.

12 hours ago, ms60ocb said:

I suspect the panels are glued but looking at a picture on line it looks a raceway for more a water line. I betting the leak is coming from a water line tee.

Call customer service as I they have been there

Clay

Thanks Clay. We do have a call into the Service Rep and yes, we also suspect it's a leak at the water line tee.

16 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

Photos would be helpful. The real solution is to make a access hole that would be like the factory would make.

Vern in a T-shirt 

Thanks Vern. We were hoping to not cut into the paneling, but it may be our only and best solution. In my mind this is a big design flaw. Why there is not an access panel behind the toilet is just crazy.

If you need to cut the panel. A vibrating saw would be my choice. image.jpeg.d891d2b935c9fabd44375cec1767f515.jpeg

It can cut the wood easy. Control the penetration and it would probably not hurt the waterline if it hits it. If the water line is not tight against the panel then the saw may just slide along it.

Just a thought,   Vern

Edited by Wrknrvr