Tire Valve Stems

SuiteSuccess

I am currently using Crossfires on my drive tires.  I have the 3-Schrader valve style with TPMS on two.  I am using the Crossfires because it was difficult for me to put the TPMS on the inner valve stem with my fat hands.  Also easy to visually check pressures and air up.  My question:  is anyone aware of an inner tire metal high pressure valve stem that is long enough to extend through the front wheel hole WITHOUT using an extension.  I’m finding that every three years or so I’ve needed to replace a Crossfire due to leaking at a cost of $85.  Plus a real PITA to remove if you have to pull a tire to replace or flat repair.  Someone suggested the braided extensions but an opinion I respect says they also tend to leak frequently.  $85/3 yrs may just be a cheap price for the convenience.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I don't have the link at this moment but there are a couple of resources that I considered before.  Do a search

As it was, I used PrsssurePro tire sensors and I found that a 1" PVC pipe fit over the sensor and allowed =it to be screwen onto the inner dual stem.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

4 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Where are they leaking? I have the competing brand, Cat's Eye, and they're at least ten years old. However, I'm not using a TPMS on them, but I do have the braided stainless lines. Curious where the weak point is. Jay

Seems to be at main hub. I’ve got an old one I’m going to tear down and see if it may be 0-rings there. One I replaced under warranty actually cracked at the hub where the braided line inserted. Just wondering if the weight of the sensors is causing metal fatigue. 

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

50 minutes ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Seems to be at main hub. I’ve got an old one I’m going to tear down and see if it may be 0-rings there. One I replaced under warranty actually cracked at the hub where the braided line inserted. Just wondering if the weight of the sensors is causing metal fatigue. 

Hmmmm.. I would be suspicious about that, too. My hubs are historically bulletproof. The seals need to be changed every third time and a tire guy snapped one of the line ends off for me, but those are the only issues I've had. Other than that, I generally change them on my trailer about every ten years as a precaution. Jay