What did you do to your truck today?

jenandjon

Friday, placed a Trailer Behind it!!!  Found ours!! Was Hiding outside Minneapolis.  And yes is a LQ, total length 38', 16' short wall, three horse rear set up and the Harley will nestle in Nicely.  Older 2007, been maintained obviously deeply, New rear axle tires, Newer fronts from 2022 and 2023, Brand New backing plates show for replaced brakes and repacked wheel hubs, New or Newer and CLEAN rims from backside, All roof seams resealed, skylight over shower replaced as was crazing.  Bison so yes again has a Steel underframe but am OK with that as minimal corrosion or rust.  Ramp at rear, no center divider in rear doors to block Motorcycle. One slide out with Dinette.  In the Photo are pics of the Dinette and couch, those are Original 2007 Upholstery  covers.  Flooring not perfect, 17 years of imperfections but in great shape.  New lumber under NEW Rubber Rear Stalls area Flooring.

IMG_2340.thumb.JPG.12315f8203e8e6a0908ee736d418590f.JPGIMG_2341.JPG.49bc8c67803d74164a8efa3cb8c28a01.JPGIMG_2345.thumb.JPG.d8be60f10a1b5035aa2e983f7c357e9c.JPGIMG_2353.JPG.f1e40870fe572e2f2e77173f570c78c9.JPG

Bobtailed 520 miles to Elko MN to see the trailer if would even consider it, had placed $500 on it to hold it as three others WANTED it. 8.7mpg at rough consistent 65-70mph, Still not refilled to see mileage dragging it home.

Little Woman was having a Blond Moment as saw a Window Next to Stove and asked why so close when built it.  Slide Out!!

IMG_2352.JPG.7c3f8ebc036f6a1a44ce8251765a633d.JPG

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is SWEET!!!!  I'm sure your scooter won't mind riding in that.  The only thing I would change is some sort of cushioned hitch.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

On 8/24/2024 at 10:32 AM, ddm502001 said:

Did Find that B&W also offers a 25K rated RV Fifth wheel that will install in this type Hitch box that I have installed 

IMG_2215.thumb.JPG.5618d13a9551a5309f583857cb5786ae.JPG

Called a Flatbed Companion, There is a recommendation to add Rotational Stops for that installed.

RVK3050_Companion_Flat_Bed_low_res.png?itok=7EG4GrCo

Did you build or buy the turnover ball Plate? My comfort ride hitch sits on 3/4 inch plate. I want to put a turn over ball under the comfort ride. Sure I would have to unbolt the comfort ride when I wanted to use the ball but that is no big deal. Its not like I would be switching every other day. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

I built mine, against specs offered BUT NOT WRITTEN by B&W, legal concerns if Tell you How To.  3/8 Steel Plate, was recommended by local metal/welding shop and 1/4" Gussets Under to the Hitch as described in B&Ws Under Bed install directions.

This was the Weld Up pattern to Clear my Air Ride Torque Arms and as suggested by B&W

IMG_2200.thumb.JPG.b4ecf9d405b8607159d7bebbbfd8b895.JPG

IMG_2202.JPG.db9344d5aacb3ab32e70ff9d8ad5ca85.JPG

Are 2" Holes in the Side Braces to allow pin insertion, will admit Hole Sawed slightly Off Center of the Hitch hole where a Std, Reese Pin slips in with the Diagonal Ear UP and as rolls down aids in keeping/locking the pin IN the Hitch.  The Stitch Welding is Recommended.  The Instructions are on the Hitch Site as well for installing under a Conventional Bed or Flatbed.

Edited by ddm502001

Yep that is exactly what I want to do but wasn't sure how to go about it. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Check out B&Ws site, has instructions that can be viewed.  The Flatbed Fifth Wheel that also pins on in this box is not thickness sensitive, has a Draw Down Bolt on the Square to set it tight against the Deck and Pin.

The reason my Side reinforcements are Inside of the Bolting is to be Inside the Rails Flanges.

Edited by ddm502001

On 10/1/2024 at 7:23 PM, rickeieio said:

That is SWEET!!!!  I'm sure your scooter won't mind riding in that.  The only thing I would change is some sort of cushioned hitch.

Question:  Went over the trailer with a fine tooth comb when first inspected, after the ride home had Several Rivets loose or Heads sheared away along Rub Rail to Main Frame.  Mainly Closer to the neck area and what I would consider a High Flex Point.  This IS a Steel Frame Aluminum Skin Trailer.  Would that be indicative of the necessity of the Air Buffered Hitch?

Dave

Wife was trying to Wash off the background 'Aroma' in the LQ area, seemed to be Steeped into ALL fabrics and cushions.  Washed slip covers several times, clean Couch Twice with Carpeted bedding area, then tried a OLD yet Suggested method, Bring Vinegar to a boil on Camper stove, turn down to Simmer, allow to roll a hour or more then turn off and allow to stand until cooled.  Remove pot, shut off everything and close everything, Shut the whole cleanup down.  As of Last night is just slightly still in background, will repeat the process and see if more reductions.

I feel your pain.  When we bought our trailer, the previous owners had a dog that was a shedding machine.  After 9 years, we're still finding hair.  But, at least it doesn't smell "doggy".

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

You may want to rent an ozone machine, that is what they use on really 'bad smells' it is hard on some plastics?

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

10 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

You may want to rent an ozone machine, that is what they use on really 'bad smells' it is hard on some plastics?

Exactly what I was thinking. It's the only thing that will actually work. It does deteriorate some plastics and rubber over time, but for a one time use, or maybe twice, it's very minimal and maybe undetectable. You might want to just buy an inexpensive one. Jay