USA extends land border non essential travel closure until September 21/21

noteven

Turns out there are special rules for those with family across the border.  A US cousin is in BC right now dogsitting while his sister is on a trip.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

On 8/21/2021 at 8:27 AM, Bill Joyce said:

Turns out there are special rules for those with family across the border.  A US cousin is in BC right now dogsitting while his sister is on a trip.  

Yes - US citizens and permanent residents may now visit Canada for "non essential" travel. 

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Why give our people access to their country if we won't reciprocate?  Why are we keeping Canadians out who have a BETTER rate of vaccination than we have?  Aren't we suppose to be friends?  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

Why give our people access to their country if we won't reciprocate?  Why are we keeping Canadians out who have a BETTER rate of vaccination than we have?  Aren't we suppose to be friends?  

I agree completely 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

43 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

Canadians spend a lot of money in the U.S., also.

Of course but how would that benefit Canada to retaliate by barring entry of US citizens? As it is, our side is missing out and Canada is not. "If you won't let us come and spend our money then we will stop letting you spend money here!"  😏

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

You know what Barb if you can make any rhyme or reason out of absolutely anything the governments around the world have done during this pandemic you are a better person than the rest of us my USA friend!🤗

Right from the get-go at local level, national level, border levels and even our old country the UK of decades ago, we've all shaken our heads as they give this guideline, that guideline, this rule, that rule and now under our "open for summer" it seems like we've thrown caution to the wind way too quick up here, and our numbers are worse than they were when we were on mandated masks, social distancing signage, lockdowns and so on.   There's few hand sanitizers around any more and the stand here 6m distance stickers are gone, plastic dividers have gone, yet we are worse and deaths of vaccinated folks.   Now the government has said they are going to pay for the funerals of those that were double vaccinated that have died.   Can't fathom any of it out anymore, so we are just taking our own precautions still as individuals, best we can. 

Irrespective of it all, what can us minions do in this historical time we all find ourselves in :(.    After the fiasco of last winter up here for those Snowbirding RVer's that couldn't cross to the USA as they normally would, surely our country can set up something in the more (still at times pretty cold) temperate climate areas regions to accommodate and cover dumping etc. 

Everyone thought I was nuts, when I said in early 2020 be prepared for it to go into 2024 for the most part, and then it won't be over.

Glad our southern cousins are able to have more freedom of movement again at least.    As they say, "see you on the other side" 

I don’t begrudge people who get to go north.  I do wonder how we can be so awful to the country that is suppose to be our best friend.  There is no sane rationale that’s been given by us, and if I was Canadian I would resent the hell out of us right now.  My hats off to the Canadians for modeling better behavior.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834