Forums showing old messages

Shelley

Is it possible to change the individual forums so that the older messages no longer show? I was looking through some of the “For Sale” forums. It’s confusing if you aren’t paying attention to the dates that many of the posts are a couple of years old. 

I know, just pay attention. It almost appears as if nobody is taking care of things.

Shelley

skp#144485

11 hours ago, Shelley said:

Is it possible to change the individual forums so that the older messages no longer show?

I'm not sure that I know what you want. As a volunteer moderator I do not have the power to change such things but Admin may have. At present the posts in all of the forums are listed in the order of the most recent first to the oldest, based on the last post in the thread. When a post is made with no replies it very quickly slides down the list but if a very old post should get a response, it will then move back to the top and start the process again. I am not sure how far back old posts are still available but the more active forums have old posts back more than 10 years. Some people like to use them for research. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I agree... keep the older posts in the forum. 

However, the OP is asking about For Sale posts. 

For those it would be great if it were possible to have a reasonable timeline on them - 6m or 1 yr.  At that point, perhaps a automatic-generated notification to the original poster that their post will be deleted after a certain date.  If they still want the item listed they could be able to do an automated addition to the post, along with an updated date that "This item is still available as of (date)". 

I know this isn't an Escapees thing to do but instead, the Invision programmer's.  It could easily be done.  I'm sure it's frustrating when interested in an item and making multiple contacts to the owner with no replies if it's sold or whatever.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel