National HDT Rally 2024

Steve voracek

It's Sunday and the Rally is in full swing. The park is not full but getting close. Mainly only the line near the street is all that's really open completely. There are a few spots scattered in the other lanes. Have seen( and heard) some "Drone's" flying. Those views will be interesting to see. 

Time to head to the next seminar. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure why the above post didn't send on Sunday. It's now Tuesday evening and I will be heading to bed soon so I can get up early to help with the Breakfast tomorrow. 

For some reason there were not as many as I expected at the Monday Breakfast, but maybe because the rally sort of started a day early on Sunday and it was a Donut morning as was today. 

A few new presenters so far and some of the long standing folks keep thinking up new things to say. I need to take my Android and shoot a few more photos. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

4kXe8QPl.jpeg

PK3GkQrl.jpeg

Found some Northern Lights a short drive into the country North of Hutch tonight. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

15 hours ago, Cotreker said:

Very cool pictures, could not see from our fire pit.

Dennis

I could see faint colors, but when I used the iPhone camera, you see what I found. 

They may return tonight too. I got lucky at 2100 hrs. (9pm), those who waited until 2200 were not so lucky. 

Rod

Rod

Edited by lappir
additional info.

2007 Honda GL 1800

The 2024 Rally is officially closed, all that's left is the clean up and move things to a storage area for next year. Some are staying at the Fairgrounds for days or weeks after. Nice that they are continuing the give the discount for before and after the rally. 

Lots of new stuff this year and some of the same information passed along again to the near 50% first timers.

3gPTS5Xl.jpeg

Above is a portion of the Kitchen Crew setting up for Breakfast. Something was provided every morning. Either Donuts or Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage and Bacon. On Saturday Cinnamon Rolls and what ever was left of the full breakfast foods. 

gCDulrEl.jpeg

New Horizons was the only one with a "Show Trailer" this year. Spacecraft is hoping to have one next year, but we will have to wait and see. 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Here is the info I just found on the FB page regarding the 2025 National Rally. 

"Next years Rally is scheduled with the Fairgrounds. Dates are October 11th -18th. Camping fees will remain the same. Going through everything and I'll know if PP costs will remain the same. Looking forward to seeing everyone next year. Will probably see some in Quartzsite. Follow the Quartzsite meetup all winter long at HDT'S in Quartzsite"

2007 Honda GL 1800