Medicare Card Phone Scam

13 hours ago, kb0zke said:

My voicemail greeting is in a foreign language (not Spanish)  The would-be scammers don't know what to do with it, so they hang up.

I like it.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

A side note on the  subject of blocked numbers. Today I dialed 9-1-1 to report a disabled auto in the driving lane of a 2-lane highway, using my Android phone.  There was no answer 3X; so I pulled back on the highway and continued to hospital to see DW.

When I got to hospital I noticed 3 blocked calls from an unknown number. It was a 9-1-1 dispatcher calling me back. I  had call blocking enabled for potential spam calls. I had to disable call blocking so  9-1-1 return calls were allowed.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 5/9/2024 at 7:40 AM, lappir said:

I agree. I hate it that some Dr.'s offices seem to think "Texting" is the way to communicate. I also dislike when they leave potentially HIPAA related information in a voice mail. 

Any business if calling should only leave the name of the person calling, the business name and the phone number. Anything else is useless unless it's a question that has already been established and a simple yes or no type answer is expected. 

Of course if they don't leave a message they don't get a call back. If it's a Dr.'s office I have no problem calling every couple hours if they haven't responded to a question from a prior call. 

Rod

We found a great service for contacting a doctor on the road for medical advice, remote examinations and even getting a prescription and the doctor will call you in minutes. You shouldn't have to call the doctor every couple of hours if they haven't responded to a question. It's called TeleThink4travelers.com basically it is telehealth and telemedicine so you can even do screen conversations. All private and HIPAA complient. Hope that is helpful.