Staying in a stationary RV insurance question

We will be parking our Teton in NC and living in it. Not moving anyone. My insurance covers traveling. Not needed. Do any of you use different home insurance? Don't remember this being discussed.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

We have a Progressive policy which covers us basically like a homeowners policy. Liability, comprehensive, property damage, contents, etc. It also covers collision over and above what might be covered on the truck insurance while moving. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

We have same. But we won't need collision. Have to call when we get here since auto insurance will change and ask them. Thought maybe someone here has done this and knew. 

You can turn on and off the "Mobile" portion of your insurance and they will refund you the money that you paid for the year. If you move it though without reactivation there will be no coverage. They will go back 30 days if you haven't moved it if you can prove it's stayed in the same place. Once I get to my winter destination I will most certainly be turning off the moving portion of both the truck and trailer with a big sign on the steering wheel with the number to call to reactivate it before I move  again. 

Got that from the Lazy Day's gal Nicci. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I suspect that it depends mostly on what company your insurance is with and quite possibly the state insurance laws play a part. I asked that question of our TX insurance when I had my travel trailer in storage and was told that was not available. But my policy was not a fulltimer policy and that may play a part. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI