Blue Ridge Park Way?

I have an old 37 Foot Suncruser. Is the Blue Ridge Park way more like the Natchez Trace Parkway or is it more like Monarch Pass?

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway safely     NPS

Driving Large Recreational Vehicles
Large RVs are popular means of travel on the parkway, but be advised that going up or down steep grades can be slow. Pull over often to let faster moving traffic get by. You may want to check the heights of the parkway's twenty-six tunnels (mostly south of Asheville) to ensure that your rig will negotiate all of them.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I not sure what your question is. The Blue Ridge is more a defined road than the Natchez which just seemed like a set of highways strung together by some signs. The Blue Ridge also has a lot more to see and do.

But check their website they do close sections of the Blue Ridge and you may have to detour around.

Here's a good article from a fellow RVer.  I would suggest you park the RV and drive with your toad vehicle.

https://www.technomadia.com/2021/09/tips-for-rving-the-blue-ridge-parkway-van-motorhome-trailer/#:~:text=With its twisty roads%2C sharp,best done in smaller units.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

3 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

So, the guy in the minnie van has keep you guys from trying the Parkway in your motorhomes?

People are trying to help you.   🙄 The author of that article has traveled in a bus conversion for more than 10 years, but also have the van for shorter trips and also a live-aboard boat that they spend most winters on. He has been an active member of Escapees for close to 20 years now and has been a presenter at Escapades numerous times. If you know more than he does, don't read the article as that was only a suggestion from an experienced RV traveler who has been on that road, as have several of us. Nowhere does he say that it can't be done in larger RVs, only that he feels it is easier in smaller RVs. \

EDIT: I just finished reading the article again. Having traveled the north part twice and the southern part also twice but at different times and never the entire length at one time, I really think that anyone about the travel it would find it very helpful and accurate.

Edited by Kirk W
Add information.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

Yep! You guys are way too serious for me. Have a great life.

You've done this before in your posts.  You post asking for help and when someone tries to do so you disregard it.  Enjoy your trip!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We took a car on it to go for hike when we was in Asheville (Didn't own the RV yet).  I wouldn't take the RV on it unless it was the only needed route to get where we are going. I don't think of it as a travel road. Seems like a lot of hassle, unless we are camping on it. 

Anyways, here is some good info on it. 

https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/rv-the-parkway/

Steve and Jill

1999 Lazy Daze 26.5 MB

Florida Resident

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sad to hear about all the destruction along the parkway

National Park Services assessment teams are still completing their initial inspections of the parkway and "acquiring the data they will need to analyze the full impact of Hurricane Helene," according to the release. The release said that based on what teams have seen so far, "significant, and insome cases catastrophic, damage has occurred along the parkway."

The release said the damage ranged particularly from milepost 280 to milepost 469 along the parkway.

Edited by palmeris