On the road again, well, soon

NDBirdman

We just signed papers for a 2022 Coachman Leprechaun 260ds.  Hoping to pick it up end of this week, it's a 4 hour drive to the dealership.  We just finished a round trip to Seattle and hit a lot of dealerships on the way home, made for a long drive but we planned it that way.  It's 27.5 ft, short (?) for a class c but it's what we were looking for as it won't be full time living but will be week long trips and probably snow-bird use, 2 months a year.  It's on a 450 frame so 7500lb tow limit.  Going to look at aluminum car trailers today so we can take our Enclave or Frontier with us.  I forgot to ask the dealer if the rv is wired for trailer elec. brakes so I'll call them shortly. We're getting excited and already have a lot of trips planned, it's been too many years since mother nature destroyed our last camper.

2022 Coachman Leprechaun, traveling around to dark sky areas and chasing the stars.

Woo-Hoo!!!!  Get back out there!

The more we hang around with other rv'ers, the more we realize the compromises with whatever size/shape you choose.

As to the microwave, I call them "flavor suckers".  I try to not use them other than to defrost some things. YMMV.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com

We don't use micros much, but the RV has one.  After talking to the dealer and sales folks at an RV dealership today, trailer it is.  All I have to say is HOLLY POOP Batman!  An aluminum car trailer is going to finish off this years budget for sure.  Our Enclave can be towed flat, after lots of work.  The Frontier, not so much.  Neither one can be towed by dolly so another trailer it is.  Sure is ... fun.... setting up for another camper.  It's all in fun, can't wait to pick it up.

Edited by NDBirdman

2022 Coachman Leprechaun, traveling around to dark sky areas and chasing the stars.

Congrats on the next leg of your RV adventures bud. Sounds perfect!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 6/24/2024 at 12:02 PM, NDBirdman said:

Just talked dealership, it's not wired for trailer brakes.  They are wiring it up with controller today, pick-up at stealership is set for Thursday.  WooHoo!!

Make sure the shop uses large enough wire size, especially the brake and 12V+ wire, the total run will be close to 30' to the plug.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961