Upgrading Phone Question

3 hours ago, Chalkie said:

From what I am seeing that app may no longer be available. from Samsung or the Play Store.
Upgraded Mobile Experience!

The instructions there are what I did and so I am using it. Basically, it's just the website added as an icon to the phone...and not a mobile version, so the type is much smaller making it more difficult to use. But I'm coping. 😉

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I am watching the discussion since I might pick up a second phone, probably for Google Fi, for an Asia trip this fall.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

15 minutes ago, Bill Joyce said:

I am watching the discussion since I might pick up a second phone, probably for Google Fi, for an Asia trip this fall.  

I really like my Pixel phone. With the exception of the app we've been discussing -- which appears to be no longer available on any platform -- I haven't had any problems with the phone, unlike my previous Samsung.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

12 hours ago, LindaH said:

Basically, it's just the website added as an icon to the phone...and not a mobile version, so the type is much smaller making it more difficult to use. 

Since it is a Google phone I am going to presume the browser is Chrome? If so, then in Chrome go to settings, then Accessibility. There you can control the text size. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

Since it is a Google phone I am going to presume the browser is Chrome? If so, then in Chrome go to settings, then Accessibility. There you can control the text size. 

But doesn't that make *everything* bigger?

I get around it by turning my phone sideways. That makes it larger -- not as large as seeing it the app, but larger than holding it the normal way.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

5 hours ago, LindaH said:

But doesn't that make *everything* bigger?

Well, it is supposed to only scale text. I keep mine at 125% and have not noticed anything particularly off on sites I visit. You might try it and see how it works out for you.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

36 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Well, it is supposed to only scale text. I keep mine at 125% and have not noticed anything particularly off on sites I visit. You might try it and see how it works out for you.

It makes the apps and the apps' titles larger. But, upon opening the app, everything inside is the same size.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul