Escapees Campgrounds

I sent the following to Escapees Admin and would like to know if any other Escapees have experienced similar situation at other Escapee campgrounds. " I have used Sumpter Oaks for around 10 years as one of my stops when in Florida. What I have noticed is as the prices for camping at the park have increased, the maintenance of the interior roads has decreased. For example, for the past several years I have observed and been very annoyed by the same pot holes that appear to be bigger and deeper as time goes by. Also, at the outer entrance loop past the office, there is a bone jarring speed bump. It doesn't make sense for a 10MPH speed limit which I navigate at 5MPH and still have items fall off counters that have survived a 3000 mile trip without issues. I would love to see this corrected before I decide to change to a different campground, but I am not holding my breath. Things are not as positive as when Kay & Joe were around."

I have camped at multiple city, county and USFS campgrounds in Florida that offer larger sites, cheaper prices (some less than $20/night), better amenities and better maintained than Sumpter Oaks, but most with a two week limited stay, which fits my needs. The major reason I occasionally stopped at Sumpter Oaks was because of reasonable distance to Orlando where I have family.

You're complaining about a speed bump that is present for a reason?

Look at the prices of other parks in the Bushnell area. Would you prefer that the few problems be fixed and the park rates be changed to reflect the going rates in the area? Escapees parks rates reflect rationality in a sea of insane rate hikes, and that may sometimes require acceptance of less than perfection.

Also,  did you notice that half the park got upgraded to 50A electric just a few years ago? That wasn't inexpensive.

Edited by jbh

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com

I didn't post my comment as a debate point. "would like to know if any other Escapees have experienced similar situation at other Escapee campgrounds. "  Simple question. Apparently you didn't read the entire post or missed the part that stated the reason and the part of staying at the campground more than a few times and have notice both improvements and lack of maintenance over a 10 year period, the topic of my post. Your reply has little value to me since you didn't answer the question to begin with.

Don't know about Escapee's CG but in general we've found that many CG & Parks are foregoing maintenance but still raising their prices in some cases to ridiculously high rates for short term stays. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

I find the same issues at other campgrounds in other states as well, but Sumpter Oaks is the only Escapees CG I have stayed at.  I rarely boondock. Because I am an old fart, I prefer water & electric service. When in Florida, I usually stay at CG's that offer discount for senior, military or both. Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, lorenzob said:

I find the same issues at other campgrounds in other states as well, but Sumpter Oaks is the only Escapees CG I have stayed at.  I rarely boondock. Because I am an old fart, I prefer water & electric service. When in Florida, I usually stay at CG's that offer discount for senior, military or both. Thanks for your input.

We have gotten out of dry camping when traveling but with the prices the way are we are starting to get my back into it. We've changed to 300 AH lithium batteries so we can run both are residential frig and freezer for overnight stays.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska