SKPs- Escapees RV Club sold to Harvest Hosts

The following was just posted to the official Escapee Facebook page.

📢 Big Announcement! 📢
Dear Escapees Family,
We have some heartfelt news to share. Escapees RV Club is now part of the Harvest Hosts family! This exciting union allows us to bring even more unique camping options and a stronger community network to you.
Harvest Hosts will carry the Escapees torch with the same dedication and care we’ve always had. Your current benefits and services will remain unchanged, and we’re thrilled about the new opportunities this brings. This transition excludes the Mail Forwarding service and Escapees RV Parks, which will remain under existing ownership.
Thank you for your continuous support and for being a part of our beloved community.
Please visit [https://escapees.com/harvest-hosts-transition] for more details.
With gratitude,
The Carr Family
Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End of an era.  It's like when Forest River or Thor takes over an RV manufacturer.  They say no changes are planned "at this time" but that only lasts until the new leadership is onboard and up to speed.

As a 30 year Lifetime Member and lot holder in a co-op park I'm sad but not too surprised at this news.

Now I'm regretting not going to this year's Escapade.  Were there any hints or rumors floating around there?

Edited by Lou Schneider

• Kirk W changed the title to SKPs- Escapees RV Club sold to Harvest Hosts
36 minutes ago, Lou Schneider said:

End of an era. 

I agree.  

Hopefully, new perspectives and larger scale, will facilitate some improvements.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

When my wife and I sold our business to a corporation in 1992, they assured us that our employees would be treated with the same respect and dignity we provided.  Turns out, not so much.  We can’t blame the Carr’s, hope they are set for life as we were…in the end you have to take care of your family first!

It looked to me that Escapees will retain the mail service?

1. Escapees Mail Service: The mail service many of you have come to rely on during your travels will continue to remain under existing management and control. We are excited for the future and our ability to dedicate more time to this service. We will continue to strive to be the best, but also improve our services and your experience to deliver freedom straight to your mailbox.

+

From what I read, the Carrs are keeping ownership of the mail service and Rainbow Parks as part of sale. The Co-Ops will maintain their identity, as they are separete entities and not a part of the Escapees Club. 

i have a question: is Escapees a private corp owned by the Carr's, or are their other stockholders?

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

I think it'd be a good idea to have a dedicated forum for this, no?

My question: One thing not covered in the FAQ: What about Escapade 2025? I was kinda psyched about Tucson but even more about Maine in 2026.  

2018 Forest River Sunseeker 2290SC
25 feet, Chevy Express 4500
"Angie" (short for Angel)

I agree, we need a dedicated forum.

Much will be coming out over the next months and year as to what will be happening.  

Most members have come to see Escapees as a "family."  This sale could metaphorically be looked at as parents giving their children - the membership - up for adoption.  When a forced "adoption" occurs a way is needed to deal with the resulting anxiety and concerns.  
For a fluid transition, the Carr's, and Harvest Host, should recognize that if they want to maintain a "family" feeling in this transition going forward dialogue is needed. 

Edited by gypsydan

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

1 hour ago, gypsydan said:

From what I read, the Carrs are keeping ownership of the mail service and Rainbow Parks as part of sale. The Co-Ops will maintain their identity, as they are separete entities and not a part of the Escapees Club. 

i have a question: is Escapees a private corp owned by the Carr's, or are their other stockholders?

I believe it says they will retain management of, not ownership of

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, soos said:

I believe it says they will retain management of, not ownership of

The FAQ says they retain ownership AND management (and control, as well): 

The Escapees Mail Service is excluded from this transition and will remain under existing ownership, management, and control. All operations and processes will remain as is, to include the requirement of an Escapees membership.

Wow!  It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, and things will definitely change.  Are those changes going to be good or bad ones?  Don’t know yet.  I’m going to stay positive and I’m looking forward to next year in Tucson.

The mail service and Escapees parks and Co-op parks will stay the same.

Harvest Hosts will have the educational programs and events.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Yeah, I caught wind of it yesterday. Wife saw it on FB.

Well Harvest Hosts and Escapee's are engaged to be married. I guess we will see how the union works out, nothing stays the same forever. Much speculation will be going on as to what the real truth of this union is.

Steve & Tami Cass, Fulltime Since 2020, Membership -Escapee's, FMCA, Good Sam, Harvest Hosts

2018 Ram 3500 DRW / 2019 Grand Design Solitude 3350RL S-Class. Texas Class A Drivers License

We have been a Harvest Host member for over 4 years. We joined Escapees this year for 3 years I think, not lifetime.  Will be interesting to see what prices and offers there will be in the future. 

Steve and Jill

1999 Lazy Daze 26.5 MB

Florida Resident

17 hours ago, Kirk W said:

The following was just posted to the official Escapee Facebook page.

📢 Big Announcement! 📢
Dear Escapees Family,
We have some heartfelt news to share. Escapees RV Club is now part of the Harvest Hosts family! This exciting union allows us to bring even more unique camping options and a stronger community network to you.
Harvest Hosts will carry the Escapees torch with the same dedication and care we’ve always had. Your current benefits and services will remain unchanged, and we’re thrilled about the new opportunities this brings. This transition excludes the Mail Forwarding service and Escapees RV Parks, which will remain under existing ownership.
Thank you for your continuous support and for being a part of our beloved community.
Please visit [https://escapees.com/harvest-hosts-transition] for more details.
With gratitude,
The Carr Family

Thanks Kirk for letting the people that don't use Social Media. Your notice that the Facebook users was given the notice but the Forum people ignored. I wonder how other stuff the Carr Family has over looked in this transition.

After reading the Transition link, there a lot information missing in this matter.

Clay Not looking forward to being a resident of Travis county

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

How will this affect lifetime members?

Will we now have a Harvest Host lifetime membership?

What about the magazine?

Will you need to be a Harvest Host membership to be a co-op park member?

Dave

2008 Airstream 34’ Classic Trailer

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins CTD