SKPs- Escapees RV Club sold to Harvest Hosts

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Of course you aren't.  Any changes will only impact those of us who are active/current Escapees RV Club members and/or who are leaseholders in one of them. Former SKP members have nothing to lose. 

Kirk,

I get the feeling you think I should no longer participate on this forum since I let my membership lapse. If I'd bought a lifetime membership as you did, would I still qualify?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, sandsys said:

I get the feeling you think I should no longer participate on this forum since I let my membership lapse.

The forum has always been open to non members as well as past members. Sorry that my response to your attack hurt your feelings. 

The fact is that we are all in a period of unknown with the sale. To date there has been no contact between anyone at HH and either the forum members or the moderators. While it may well be a good thing that HH has made no detectable changs, I think that all of us get a little nervous due to the lack of any kind of communication. We are all wondering when we will hear something and what it will be. There is an Escapee members facebook and there has been nothing new there and nothing new on the club website. There have been discussions of both mail service members and co-op members as well on this forum and on Facebook. My point is, and was, that those of us who are or will be affected by any changes(including myself) are naturally at least a little bit concerned. It is natural for you and others to be interested but there is a difference. We have more to lose. 

Edited by Kirk W
add a thought

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Sorry that my response to your attack hurt your feelings. 

I'm sorry that you so often see my responses as attacks. That always surprises me.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Linda, you could possibly be right in speculation that we are still here due to life membership. I kind of think that we would be as we were pretty involved for a long time and only stopped attending Escapade 2 years ago, but who knows? It is sure that our reasons for getting life status have changed because at that time it was our plan to land in one of the co-op parks when we left fulltime. As you well know, life sometimes happens differently that we expected!  😏I'm not sorry that we got a life membership and we did stay long enough for it to pay, but with the dues at $50/year, I'm not so sure that I wouldn't be questioning the dues with the sale to Harvest Hosts. I do wish that they would at least make an appearance on the forums. 

Edited by Kirk W

I just discovered some small, but interesting changes on the Escapee website. If you scroll to the very bottom, take a look at the new version of "Contact Us."

Contact Us

Contact Us

1300 N. Frontage Rd. #1594,
Vail, CO  81657

And at the mail service there is also a new address.

Nomad Mail Co, 100 Rainbow Drive Livingston, TX 77399

On 9/22/2024 at 5:14 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

As far as I know, the only current connection between the club and the co-ops is the membership requirement. I wouldn't expect to see any changes related to the Harvest Hosts deal. I don't know if the co-op boards could drop the membership requirement now.

Is that a contractional requirement between the co-ops and Escapees???

On 9/23/2024 at 6:06 AM, Kirk W said:

Since each of those parks has it's own board to manage it, you should probably start by contacting the board of the park that you are a member of. There may be something in the legal documents from the park's formation that requires Escapee club membership, or they may just consider it to be proper. The affiliation with the club seems to have served the co-op parks well up to this time and so far there have been no detectable changes to the club. If you are thinking about not renewing your membership, you should definitely check out what the result of not maintaining your membership would be. Only your park can give you that information accurately. 

I did ask the question when the Saguaro Co-op was implementing their discounted one week offer for folks that have never stayed in the park.  There was the Escapees membership requirement.  

That didn't make sense to me.  I did not follow up since it was not that important of an issue to me.  

BUT I thought at the time, and still do that a relationship between a co-op and a for- profit business is a recipe for disaster in the long run.

I understand the history between full-timers and Escapees.  But these days full-timers are becoming more and more rare and the co-op parks are becoming more full-time RV parks.

The future of the co-op parks needs to be decided by its members.

I think the co-op parks are really cool.  Escapees Corporation has "cooled" on supporting the co-op parks. 

Again, the future of the co-op parks needs to be decided by its members, not a for profit corporation. 

On 9/23/2024 at 11:46 AM, DanZemke said:

Me too. I think Escapee's spin-off, of part of their business, is irrelevant for SKP co-op lease holders like us.  To me, the more interesting question is what are our potential future improvements and risks.  Do you have some in mind?

It is a period of change in the co-ops  and certainly in Escapees.  

That normally is a good time to discuss future paths for both parties.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

12 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

Is that a contractional requirement between the co-ops and Escapees???

I'm given to understand that is the case. I believe the requirement is related to the assistance the Escapees organization provided in establishing the co-ops.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system