SKPs- Escapees RV Club sold to Harvest Hosts

1 hour ago, gypsydan said:

I have noticed the forum has made many changes

The only change I have noticed is that the Class category disappeared. I go to the original page and only read the threads that interest me so others might have disappeared that I wouldn't notice. My mind's auto scrolling misses the Class group, though. That group was instrumental in us enjoying full timing so I also miss it for people just joining.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, gypsydan said:

I have noticed the forum has made many changes, and since it is not mentioned anywhere in the posted transition pages, I can only ass-u-me the forum was also taken over by Harvest Hosts.

The changes that you are referring to were done before the sale of the club and so far no part of the staff that I am ever in contact with has changed. The person who has been our admin contact changed, about the first of the year if I remember right. He has been far more responsive to the ideas of we moderators and to our suggestions. All changes have been either by our suggestion or with your agreement. There have been a couple of cases of 2 forums being combined because they were related and had little activity and there have been a few removed for lack of any activity. The person who has been our admin also has some maintenance functions with the mail service and since that is his primary position, we are expecting to see him replaced with someone from the new owners, but so far that has not happened. There has been no communication by the new owners to moderators, thus far. Just like all of the club members we are waiting to see what happens. 

EDIT: I just spent some time looking over the Escapee website and while I didn't find any real changes there is one thing that is glaring. If you visit the member store, the only thing in it are name tags and Escapee stickers. No more shirts, caps or assort other member stuff!

Edited by Kirk W
Add information.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI