Volvo Buzzer Stoped Working 2006 VNL

Cotreker

The dash buzzer that controls the blinkers, hazard lights, low air alarms have all stopped working.  My local shop says there is a devise on the dash pod that can be remove and then soldered back on.  Shops will only replace the entire dash module, expensive.  Has anyone done this repair?  If so where do you get the part and where is it located on the dash?

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

Never heard of this. Hopefully someone else will have info. I know there was a place that repaired the dash lights and stuff on the older generation. Henry I think had his done a long time ago and maybe someone else. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 1 month later...

Ordered the replacement speaker off Amazon.  Now to pull the dash apart and solder the new part in place.  Job looks pretty easy will keep all posted hope to do this next week with colder temps.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

• 1 month later...

I did the speaker change out today about an hour once I got the solder gun out and the rest of my tools.  Pull dash parts off get to the dash pod pull apart, solder and put all back together.  I cleaned dust for behind dash and then cleaned my carpet, some dog hair with a German Shepard.  Nice to have turn signal and other warning sounds working again.  Got two of the speakers in my order so I will have a spare in Hutch next week if someone needs one.

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • Jackalopee

2 hours ago, Cotreker said:

I did the speaker change out today about an hour once I got the solder gun out and the rest of my tools.  Pull dash parts off get to the dash pod pull apart, solder and put all back together.  I cleaned dust for behind dash and then cleaned my carpet, some dog hair with a German Shepard.  Nice to have turn signal and other warning sounds working again.  Got two of the speakers in my order so I will have a spare in Hutch next week if someone needs one.

Does the install come with the speaker?

Not sure if I need one. My low air warning works for sure, but don't remember hearing any others. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.