Who now owns and controls this forum?

As per the recent letter from the Carr family having sold escapes to Harvest Hosts, who now owns and controls this forum?  I recognize the moderators will not change, but since the Carr's gave up ownership of the forum as of this date, July 20, who now makes the decisions regarding this forum: the moderators, Travis, Carr, or Joel Holland?

Since the selling of escapes is a major factor for SKP members, the question arises as to Who would be in charge for establishing a separate forum to discuss this sale and the future. It would be a forum that Travis Carr and Joel Holland would be able to furnish more information overtime as well as help with the needed discussions which will come forth with the major changes this sale entails.  

A Separate forum would help assure a clean and non-ambiguous transfer into the future.

Edited by gypsydan
Spelling

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

25 minutes ago, gypsydan said:

who now makes the decisions regarding this forum: the moderators, Travis, Carr, or Joel Holland?

I discussed this at some length with the forum admin person at Rainbow's End and you have access to the same information that both of us have. 

25 minutes ago, gypsydan said:

It would be a forum that Travis Carr and Joel Holland would be able to furnish more information overtime as well as help with the needed discussions which will come forth with the major changes this sale entails.  

The current admin person controls such things, with input from the moderators. You might notice that a few of the forum subjects have been combined of late. Travis Carr has had no direct input about the forums since he moved up from having been the admin about 15 years or so ago. It was Travis who appointed the present moderators and also 2 others who have since left the RV community. They have chosen not to replace the moderators who left because the rate of posting to the forums and the numbers of active members have both fallen so much. I would point out to you that announcements from management have not been posted on these forums directly for a long time. The official announcements go out to email subscribers that way and are usually posted on the Escapee Facebook page and the webpage. One of the moderators then copies those announcements and posts them here, when appropriate. 

Unlike these forums, only members of Escapees have access to the 3 places that official announcements are posted. While it is just my opinion, I highly doubt that you will see any new forums added in the near term. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The big question is this, just how deeply is SKP going to be pulled into HH? We have the recent example of Campedium being sold and vanished all their employees fired and their contributors ill treated and driven away. I am halfway unhappy that we just renewed our SKP membership. I would have waited to see how this works out before renewing..

To be honest we have not been impressed with the HH sites we have seen in the road. Not our style of camping.

Edited by agesilaus

Why not wait until a reasonable length of time to see how all this plays out?  Folks are posing problems that may not even exist.

For now, the forum still exists.

The mail service won't be changed nor will the SKP parks or co-ops

Let's all wait and see.  There's noting we can do about the transfer. It's done.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I would refer anyone with questions to the FAQ page where many of your questions are answered. Any other questions not answered there, should probably be directed to either the Escapees or Harvest Host, since none of us here have the answers. I know, for myself (and probably Kirk, too), this came as a total surprise, so we certainly don't have answers other than that provided by the announcement and the FAQ page.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

20 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Why not wait until a reasonable length of time to see how all this plays out?  Folks are posing problems that may not even exist.

While I am with you, some people enjoy speculating. Why not let them have their fun? It's not like their speculations are going to change anything. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van