No laughing allowed

Wrknrvr

So Vern, 

Have you ever added any "Fuel Treatments" to your fill-ups? How about anyone else? I know some use various products, but is it with every fill up or not? 

I've used the same product since getting my first truck. Didn't use anything the first few times I filled the new to me truck, but have decided I'm going to for sure after watching and reading these posts. Spoke to my "Mechanic" and he agreed and although he didn't use the same product as what I've been using he thought it would do the same thing. He has done more "Caterpillar" and "Detroit" rebuilds than I can imagine. There would be something in the middle of a rebuild in the shop almost every time I visited over the years. It's a "Farming" community and we know how long Farmers can keep things. If it's got a diesel motor in it he seems to be able to keep them running for a long time. Too bad he's several years older than me and so far doesn't have a "Younger" person helping and learning so when he retires or worse I don't know where I will go. Have had some good luck in various places across the country, but none as good as "Super Wrench".  

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I was around some farming in my late teens. I can’t remember anything about such stuff. 
    Then I started working as a well driller, with diesel power plants of various kinds. And never seen such problems. Although I may have forgotten about it.

So about 2008 I was intrigued by adding vegetable oil into diesel fuel.    Yep I did?   Now that brought a lot of comments to this forum.  Spent winters in Florida and Arizona. Spent winters in Pennsylvania and Montana.

I have heard of such things happening? But never known or remember of it happening to anyone. At least for me to remember. But I think I would remember, especially what I went through last year.

I will visit a local shop this week. Show it to them. Maybe even send it t a Cat dealer to see what they think. I just changed oil and sent them a sample of my motor oil for analysis. It came back good.  

????? If I know