Escapees mail address change

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did receive an Email at 1:09 PM, my change from 114 to 101. It didn't mention if the 9 digit Zip changes also.

The statement that your mail will be forwarded as long as the PMB number is provided.  At some point with that I would lose some CMC mail. Many efforts to get a few CMC offices to include the #1XXW has failed. I will start at the SS Office and maybeeee,  the complete address  change will help.

I wonder how long the USPS will allow 114, 225 and others to past through the system.

Isn't going to be fun changing all the address. I hope don't have a legal address problem because I get ID'ed for some transaction  and different addressed exist. I thing I will wait the the Excapee's plastic card with the change to accumulate my Change of address

Edited by ms60ocb
Added Para

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Very interesting. We had an address at 106 Rainbow Dr. for 19 years but didn't renew for year 22 because we had moved to a place that a next door neighbor was volunteering to pick up our mail when we travel, and with increasing age and health issues we were not traveling as much. I really hated to let it go but once we were no longer gone for several months at a time, it seemed like a waste of money to keep it. And nearly everything of importance comes electronically as well. 

The mail service has it's own zip code and they use mail sorting machines that are just like those in the USPS sorting facilities. I am wondering if everyone is going to be at 101?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

THIS THE MESSAGE I RECEIVED.   I DID BLANK OUT MY BOX #

As part of USPS regulation changes, Escapees Mail Service members are required to change all Texas Rainbow Drive addresses to 101 Rainbow Drive. Your PMB will not change.

Your new address is:

101 Rainbow Drive, #1xxw
Livingston, Texas 77399

Or

101 Rainbow Drive, PMB 1xxw
Livingston, Texas 77399

You may locate your address on your My Mail Service dashboard on member.escapeesmailservice.com at any time.

This address change will not affect your ability to receive mail with Escapees Mail Service. Your prior address will continue to be accepted and not returned to the sender so long as your PMB number is provided. Please notify all correspondents of your new address at your convenience. 

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, these changes derive solely from the United States Postal Service (USPS) and have placed a burden on both our members and Escapees Mail Service. 

We appreciate your business and continued support. Please know we are here to assist in the process. Should you have any questions, you can email us at mailservice@escapeesmailservice.com.

Sincerely,
Escapees Mail Service

I got the notice and am going from 193 to 101. Ironically when I first joined the mail service I started as 101 Rainbow Dr and was changed to 193.

Anyone know off the top of their head if there is going to be a fee to update the drivers license? What about car titles and rv titles

Edited by bigjim

15 hours ago, sheldons65 said:

Just got an email it's changing from 225 to 101 Rainbow Drive as a result of USPS regulation changes. 

Anyone else get the email?  

I don't blame Escapees for this. It's going to be a bit of a pain. 

Yup we did, ours is changing from 179 to 101. and Yup got to inform all our mail correspondence, also will have to change our drivers license and what about our passports.

Steve & Tami Cass, Fulltime Since 2020, Membership -Escapee's, FMCA, Good Sam, Harvest Hosts

2018 Ram 3500 DRW / 2019 Grand Design Solitude 3350RL S-Class. Texas Class A Drivers License

9 hours ago, bigjim said:

Anyone know off the top of their head if there is going to be a fee to update the drivers license?

Yes it does. We recently changed the address on our TX driver's licenses and it cost $11 each.

2 hours ago, bigjim said:

I realized later this may cause an issue with me voting this year.  I hope I can resolve it in time to vote.

I hope that is not case. It was 8 years ago that a few to maybe 300-500 ballots where never received by the intended addressee. I gave-up 6 years ago on trying to find a reason only found out some ballots never made it from ZIP 77351 to 77399.

Just part of a generic list I started to notify of address change.

Polk County County Clerk, Insurance companies (vehicle & Health-Life) Credit Card, Banks, IRS (presently in  a dispute and did not use PMB), Social Security, former employer, magazines. Who did I miss that sent a 1099?

I guess I should be appreciative that many personal contracts are by Email but the return address for the Christmas Cards.

I had limited my activity due Cataract surgery so I guess I will wait for something official from Escapee Mail Service before any changes.  I think USPS service should be the notifying party but maybe Escapee Mail service forwarding to us in next mailing.

I too received the notice, we have use the SKP mail service since 2001.

Though inconvenient on the surface...

My concern is the specific timing of this change with the upcoming election, Tuesday November 5, 2024 and using the mail service to vote by mail.

35 minutes ago, Velos said:

I too received the notice, we have use the SKP mail service since 2001.

Though inconvenient on the surface...

My concern is the specific timing of this change with the upcoming election, Tuesday November 5, 2024 and using the mail service to vote by mail.

Allegedly mail sent to your previous Escapee address will still get to you for now. 

Just as a reminder, the mail service is no longer a part of the Escapees RV Club. We have heard nothing from Harvest Hosts, but the last admin person was part of the mail service and I just today verified that he is still with the mail servicer but no longer has any connection to the forums. While that my not matter to this discussion, I wanted to be sure that everyone realizes that there is no part of this which reaches the mail service personnel. 

2 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Just as a reminder, the mail service is no longer a part of the Escapees RV Club.

I thought the mail service and the parks were all the Escapees kept?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

I thought the mail service and the parks were all the Escapees kept?

Did you miss the fact that the Escapees RV Club was sold to Harvest Hosts but the mail service and the parks are still owned by the Carrs, so are no longer a part of the club? These forums are part of the Escapees RV Club and as such now owned by Harvest Hosts. So far nothing has been said about who owns the name "Escapees" to my knowledge but if the club remains under the same name, I would expect at some point to see some kind of delineation to show the different ownership. Those of us who are still current members can visit the club website and clearly see the notice that it is now part of Harvest Hosts. But I doubt that the sale is in any way related to the change of addresses for the mail service customers. Since I'm no longer a user of the mail service, I am wondering if that mail service still shows on the club accounts? 

EDIT: I just visited the member website you can still sign up for mail service from it. 

Edited by Kirk W
Add information.

1. "Escapees Mail Service: The mail service many of you have come to rely on during your travels will continue to remain under existing management and control. We are excited for the future and our ability to dedicate more time to this service. We will continue to strive to be the best, but also improve our services and your experience to deliver freedom straight to your mailbox."

https://escapees.com/harvest-hosts-transition/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

7 minutes ago, bigjim said:

I wonder if the mail service will be called something else since it will be independent of Escapees/Harvest Host.

Read my post above..... it's staying the same.

"will continue to remain under existing management and control."

Full-timed for 16 Years

What would we do if the service folds? Is there alternatives to maintain domicle? Gota ask, cause now we have to change our licenses, titles, investments and other important contacts to a new address. Will this be the only change?

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

14 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Did you miss the fact that the Escapees RV Club was sold to Harvest Hosts but the mail service and the parks are still owned by the Carrs, so are no longer a part of the club? These forums are part of the Escapees RV Club and as such now owned by Harvest Hosts. So far nothing has been said about who owns the name "Escapees" to my knowledge but if the club remains under the same name,

Who owns the Escapee's name is interesting and confusing for future and present.

The Escapees RV Club contacts are;

1300 N. Frontage Rd. #1594,
Vail, CO  81657

The Escapee Mail Service is listed;

100 Rainbow Dr.
Livingston, TX 77399

It seems funny that the only place I see have seem the notice of address change is on this forum. Going to the HH Web www.escapees.com site has a Mail Forwarding link which takes to you to www.escapeesmailservice.com

Fake News??

Clay

There's NO 'Fake News'!

The Vail address given above is for Harvest Hosts which took over the Escapees RV Club.

The mail service is still Livingston, TX and no plans to change that.

https://weareharvesthosts.wordpress.com/the-harvest-hosts-team/

Again...... here is the Harvest Host/Escapees change information:     https://escapees.com/harvest-hosts-transition/

Why is this so confusing to understand?

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years

I'm sorry. I blew it writing just  Fake News in my previous post. The top part of my post is Fact. I was referring to the original post here was referencing a EMail received Sept 5 from EscapeesMailService.com being the possible Fake News.