Escapees mail address change

On 9/7/2024 at 12:14 AM, bigjim said:

I wonder if the mail service will be called something else since it will be independent of Escapees/Harvest Host.

While perusing the "escapeesmailservice.com" website, I noted this info on one page: "This website is owned and operated by Nomad Mail Co., Inc. (DBA Escapees Mail Service) or its affiliates". And this listing on another page: "Nomad Mail Co, 100 Rainbow Drive Livingston, TX 77399".

Edited by Dutch_12078

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/8/2024 at 10:22 AM, ms60ocb said:

I'm sorry. I blew it writing just  Fake News in my previous post. The top part of my post is Fact. I was referring to the original post here was referencing a EMail received Sept 5 from EscapeesMailService.com being the possible Fake News.

This is the message I received today.

This is real, everyone will need to update their DL to 101 Rainbow Dr.

We are unsure on a time frame of how long we will be able to accept mail addressed to your previous address. 

Happy Travels,

Jill Collins

Escapees Mail Service
www.escapeesmailservice.com

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

I haven't been paying enough attention to know if "Nomad Mail Co (dba Escapees Mail Service)" is new or if this has always been the legal name of the company.  Doesn't much matter, IMO.  It's still under the ownership and control of the Carrs, as are the Escapees (Rainbow) Parks.

Edited by Lou Schneider

I just copied this post from the Escapee Facebook page.

My question: So we need to treat this like we moved - change of address, notify everyone, etc? What's the time line we need to make the change? How long will the mail keep forwarding from the old form of the address?
Response: We do not currently have a time frame unfortunately. You do not need to put in a change of address with USPS, you will only need to contact your correspondents with this address and provide your new 101 Rainbow Dr address.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Well checked my junk folder and found it. It does state that change at my convenience. Also that I will continue to receive all my mail without changing anything. I intend to only use it the rest of the year so I likely let it be as it is.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 9/5/2024 at 2:44 PM, sheldons65 said:

Just got an email it's changing from 225 to 101 Rainbow Drive as a result of USPS regulation changes. 

Anyone else get the email?  

I don't blame Escapees for this. It's going to be a bit of a pain. 

Mine went from 247 to 101.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Mine in 132 Rainbow Dr. Have not received anything about a change

I would think internally they are consolidating or it is USPS. I know in the RGV years ago they were changing house numbers and streets. 

40 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Well checked my junk folder and found it. It does state that change at my convenience. Also that I will continue to receive all my mail without changing anything. I intend to only use it the rest of the year so I likely let it be as it is.

If you looked in your mailing account it shows you the addresses that are assigned to you. 

2 hours ago, rynosback said:

If you looked in your mailing account it shows you the addresses that are assigned to you. 

Changed from 132 to 101

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

"U.S. Postal Service will only recognize a single physical mailing address for Escapees CMRA mail in our centralized Address Management System (AMS). This policy rescinds a portion of a Postal Service letter dated December 7, 1998, in which you were granted a unique zip code (77399) and a practice where broad address ranges were entered into the Postal Service’s AMS, referred to a “National Database” in the 1998 letter. Escapees will retain its unique zip code; however, the Postal Service will no longer recognize any unique building addresses created by Escapees for any private mailbox (PMB) customers."
Clayton Gerber
U.S. Postal Inspector

Edited by Kirk W

well, I hope I did not mess myself up on voting since I already changed my mailing address. As I understand it you have 30 days to correct you DL if you "move" so I did not waste anytime in case there was any surprise stumbling blocks that could spring up.

Edited by bigjim

The big issue is that some banks and other institutions are no longer accepting our Escapee address (even though we may be domiciled at this address.  

changing address with several providers is a hassle.    The big issue is that the full time nomad may find himself not able to receive certain services. 

Anyone can suggest a solution? 

6 hours ago, jfuchs said:

The big issue is that some banks and other institutions are no longer accepting our Escapee address (even though we may be domiciled at this address. 

changing address with several providers is a hassle.    The big issue is that the full time nomad may find himself not able to receive certain services. Anyone can suggest a solution? 

No easy solution, but I have an more expensive alternate and less desirable, Travis county. But is cost of the simple things like changing the domicile for moving across the street.  My crystal ball says more is coming.

I know Escapee Mail Service must be swamped. I'm not on FaceBook but wonder who controls it. Is there going to be a forum with the Carr Family holding?

20 hours ago, sheldons65 said:

There's a second email today with a little more clarification plus this extra tidbit. The Polk County Clerk’s Office recommends you do not change your Driver’s License Address or Voter Registration until after the election.

I also received this message but a little late for that, but then I figure I only moved across the street, 114 to 101. Or did I change Congressional Districts, voting precincts?

Clay, going through cataract surgeries so have to much time at the computer

11 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

No easy solution, but I have an more expensive alternate and less desirable, Travis county. But is cost of the simple things like changing the domicile for moving across the street.  My crystal ball says more is coming.

I know Escapee Mail Service must be swamped. I'm not on FaceBook but wonder who controls it. Is there going to be a forum with the Carr Family holding?

Could you please explain what you mean by "Travis County"?   
Could you provide details about this more expensive alternative? 

15 minutes ago, ms60ocb said:

I'm not on FaceBook but wonder who controls it. Is there going to be a forum with the Carr Family holding?

Escapees Facebook has several volunteer moderators, much as this forum does. One big difference there is that all posts that start a new thread must have approval, where here it is only posts by new members that require it. They also have several moderators (not sure how many)while we have only 2, but they are also far more busy.

As to the Carr's starting a forum, who knows? I doubt that they have even given that much thought yet. 

10 hours ago, jfuchs said:

changing address with several providers is a hassle.    The big issue is that the full time nomad may find himself not able to receive certain services. 

Anyone can suggest a solution? 

A few years back when I started using the mail service, most would accept online changes using 225 Rainbow Drive #12345, others just 12345 after or sometimes I used the apartment field and put 12345. According to recommendations I did not use PMB anywhere or even reference such.

A couple I had to call to do an address change and it was fairly simple. As advised I didn't mention anything about domicile or PMB. They all easily accepted 225 Rainbow Drive 12345 in that format. 

That was 4 years ago. 

I don't plan on changing mine until January 2025 and will do it in one day. Need to make a check list in the meantime.  

Edited by sheldons65

11 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

This should have never happened so close to the election.  I'm truly amazed they would do this.

It's driven by the USPS and not Escapees. Escapees and Polk County recommended not changing until after the election. Mail is still going to be delivered to your Escapees box using the previous address.  

For Everyone.

From the Escapees change of address link they posted this.. 

I believe that the first part is important. If someone uses the old address and the mailbox number is included it will not be returned to sinder. 

Your prior address will continue to be accepted and not returned to the sender so long as your PMB number is provided. Please notify all correspondents of your new address at your convenience.

The Polk County Clerk Office recommends you do not change your Driver’s License Address or Voter Registration until after the election.

Travel Safe and may God Bless
BC
======== Fulltiming =============================
Bob Curry
16 F350 CC SRW LB 4WD * 08 Bighorn 3400RE #9948
Mor/Ryde 7k IS, 8k DB * 17.5 Rims w/G114 GY Tires
Bigfoot Auto Leveling * Repainted Ruby Red
Escapee 96030 * Fulltime since 10-08-2007
Enjoying all of the wonders God has provided for us.

I spoke to someone in the election clerks office at Polk Cty by phone this afternoon.  I have to get an updated voter id for my mail in ballot (or in person) since I already changed my address. They are supposedly sending out a form to me on the next mail out date. I already requested  the form to request a mail ballot. She said do not fill it out or send it back until I get my new voter id card.

If I was in the area I would be inclined to see what could do in person. 

13 hours ago, jfuchs said:

Could you please explain what you mean by "Travis County"?   
Could you provide details about this more expensive alternative? 

Travis county in Texas with the county seat being Austin. Population over 1.3 Million

If did get a room with my daughter's big house (Travis county), all services more expensive, Insurance higher, vehicle emission test required that alone can be problem.  If entering Texas from LA. and should you be required to get your vehicle the required inspection as due process in renewing your registration when out out state. I don't like cities.

Clay