Bushnell park put up for sale

mrschwarz

Id be very concerned myself. Watching this carefully. It could have a huge impact. Hopefully the TX site will remain with escapees which is my domicile.

Retired USN Engineer

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel

2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Escapees Mail Service sent this email. I have been around the block a few times, I interpreted this to mean that they don't want the park anymore and plan to put the future of domicilees in someone else's hands. If you're one of them (which I am), you'll be on your own. As of today, I'm looking for an alternative.

Notice to FL Mail Service Members Regarding Sumter Oaks RV Park

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that after careful consideration, we have decided to list Escapees RV Park in Bushnell, Florida (Sumter Oaks) for sale. 

Please rest assured that there will not be any immediate changes to your FL mail service account or your domicile, and we do not foresee any long-term changes either. We will be working directly with potential buyers to ensure they understand the importance of this service and will be making every effort to put arrangements in place that will avoid impacts to your account.

We remain committed to operating the Escapees Mail Service, as well as the Rainbow’s End campground. Being able to focus our resources and dedication to these two areas will ensure the longevity of these services. 

Thank you for your continued support! If you have any additional questions regarding the sale, please contact info@escapeesrvparks.com.

Sincerely,

Escapees Mail Service

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

There's nothing wrong with the Texas mail service.   Personally, I think everyone is jumping to too many conclusions without knowing the facts.  However, Escapees needs to clarify some things better and they're letting members down by not doing so.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

It's not jumping to conclusions that the mail service wants to sell the Florida park where I'm a resident. It's not jumping to a conclusion that they will try really, really hard to get the buyers to understand how important the mail service is to residents like me.

I really haven't concluded anything except the likelihood that things are going to change. I can either make the change on my schedule or theirs.

Since Florida is going nuts with insurance and my policies are up for renewal, now is a good time to make plans.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

"Please rest assured that there will not be any immediate changes to your FL mail service account or your domicile, and we do not foresee any long-term changes either. We will be working directly with potential buyers to ensure they understand the importance of this service and will be making every effort to put arrangements in place that will avoid impacts to your account."

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

The 8 Escapees RV Parks, as we mentioned previously, will also remain under existing management and control. Under our management, you can expect the same member discounts, experience, and parking options throughout our campground system.

Sincerely,

Travis Carr Travis Carr
Melanie Carr Melanie Carr
Cathie Carr Cathie Carr
Robert (Bud) Carr Robert (Bud) Carr

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Colliers has listed Dreamcatcher RV park in Deming, NM and the North Ranch park in Congress, AZ.

ETA: It looks like they're offering a 7 park option, including parks in Florida, New Mexico, Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Alabama. All for the low asking price of $19.65 million.

Edited by Darryl&Rita
Additional

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

4 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

It looks like they're offering a 7 park option, including parks in Florida, New Mexico, Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, and Alabama

Rainbow's End is home of the mail service and it is the one not for sale, at least for now. The 7 parks are North Ranch in AZ, Racoon Valley TN, Rainbow Plantation AL, TraPark TX, Sumter Oaks FL, Dream Catcher NM, and Turkey Creek in MO. While they say that the mail  service isn't for sale, they told as that about the RV parks too. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, mrschwarz said:

Oh. What do they use for an address there?

It's a grocery store in Box Elder.  Which was noted during testimony before the South Dakota legislature in favor of a bill that would limit voting rights for people who have domicile in South Dakota and don't actually live there.

FYI, St. Brendan's Isle offers a good mail service but does not offer a non-PMB address. Myrvmail.com says that customers are given an address by dmv that consists of the license tag number, city, state etc. While it's not a PMB I have no idea how such a non-livable somewhat non-real address works out in real life for banking etc.

Nevada's looking iike a decent domicile state, with a 30-day in-state requirement, no smog check in most counties etc. and readily available PMB services (or use whatever PMB wherever)

-C&J-

CG reviews & more - www.fugawetribe.com