Aetna Silver Scrip plan increase

Good luck. Post what you find. Lowest I found was 30ish. My deductible went up 310.00.  Maximum out of pocket went down to 2000.00. Rabbit hole gone also. that a plus. On some expensive blood thinners right now. Questionable how long be on it though.

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

57 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

Is that a Part D, drug plan? We have Well Care, part D here in TX. 

Yes part D. Went up due to new government laws. Rabbit hole gone and lower out of pocket cost. Just wished deductible hadn't gone up much. Cost went way up for this though. Don't understand that Well Care. How can cost be nothing

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

3 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Lowest I found was 30ish. My deductible went up 310.00.  Maximum out of pocket went down to 2000.00. Rabbit hole gone also. that a plus.

It's a donut hole, not a rabbit hole.  Although I can see why someone would associate Medicare with rabbit holes.

Where did you look for an alternate drug plan?  I believe you're in the Wilmington, NC, area.  Wellcare (which Kirk mentioned) is available there for a $0 premium (but I used a random Wilmington zip code).  But be aware that it's possible that a plan with a higher premium would ultimately be cheaper depending on what drugs you take.  Everyone, every year, should go to Medicare.gov to shop for Part D plans by entering all of their drugs into the website and getting the total cost for the next year:  drug costs (copay, coinsurance, etc.) plus premium.

My Aetna SilverScript in Texas is suffering the same rise yours is:  $9.80 to $44.80.  Since I don't take any drugs, I'm flying blind and will just pick the one with the lowest premium and hope like hell I don't get prescribed a drug that's expensive on that plan but would be cheap if I'd picked a plan that costs $20/month.  I hate the uncertainty of picking a Part D prescription drug plan.

And for you, what's the cheapest plan in terms of total cost right now might not be the cheapest plan in terms of total cost if you quit taking the expensive blood thinner.  To pick the right drug plan, we have to predict the future.  What a great system. 

As for how Wellcare can offer coverage for $0?  The general suspicion is that they're buying customers.  Cold-calling people about Medicare Advantage plans is no longer allowed, but if you have a Part D plan from Wellcare, they can market their Advantage plans to you.

I looked at Well care advantage plans. Entered my cardiologist and he not in their network. Also no hospice coverage. Don't need it now but odds will on day.I run into this with any advantage plan I research. Don't see why anyone would get it. Think I will call Well Care today. Don't understand pricing. Can't be 0.00 and get coverage. oh still in Texas currently. This Afib got me stationary till I find what treatment I need. Got tests all month

Edited by GlennWest

18 hours ago, Blues said:

Wellcare (which Kirk mentioned) is available there for a $0 premium

That is what we have. We were with Silver Script back in 2021 and were paying $6.90 per month each. When they went up to $11/month each we reconsidered and went to WellCare at $1/month each. In 2023 that premium was lowered to $1/month each and in 2024 it went to $0.50/month each. Wellcare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a leading healthcare enterprise. Mine is not the Advantage but Part D,

18 hours ago, Blues said:

Everyone, every year, should go to Medicare.gov to shop for Part D plans by entering all of their drugs into the website and getting the total cost for the next year:  drug costs (copay, coinsurance, etc.) plus premium.

That is the best way to get the most for your money and the only way I know of to be sure. There are also companies that will assist you in those determinations such as AON and VIA, In such cases the company does not have 100% of the possible policies since they make there money by commissions from the companies that they send people to. They do represent by far the majority of companies and they make the process somewhat easier, but you might be able to do some better with the Medicare site

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Timing not great for me. On Eliquis now. That is very costly. Have to have insurance to cover this. Blood pressure meds cheap. Don't know how long be on Eliquis. Open enrollment now. Bummer

Kirk.... have you checked WellCare for 2025?  Wondering if it's still -0- for you.

I know all these plans prices are based on what meds you take.  I haven't made an effort to check ours yet.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I just checked and I had posted it wrong. We have been paying $0.50/month each this year and were notified that for 2025 it will be $0.00. 

The wife does the insurance stuff and I failed to verify my facts with her. 😀

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

GlennWest, I'm glad you posted this topic.  I have Aetna Silver Script for my part D, and would not have even noticed the price increase until it was too late.  Checked on available plans, and I'm changing to Well Care.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G