99 vn 610 will not shift into gear after battery change shifter light just blinks

bags

I had my batteries replaced on location by hdt mechanic and now it will not shift into gear. My light just blinks. I have the ground off and will wait for 15 or 20 minutes before reconnecting. Truck was not left in gear when batteries were changed. Does anybody have any ideas if when I hook up my ground does not correct the problem. Of course we are supposed to leave on Thursday. Thanks to all. John Bagley

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

thanks Rocky. I put he ground back on after 30 minutes and no joy. I will check out my wires.

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

success! Low break fluid for the clutch reservoir.

Wow.  Likely the clutch was dis-engaging, but the clutch brake wasn't stopping the spinning assembly so the tranny brain said "no go".

Easy fix, once you figured it out.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio@yahoo.com