Progressive Insurance requiring Proof of Garaging Address

Kathleen Hartman

Hello, 

we have been full time RVers for 4 years and with Progressive Instance from the beginning. This year we are being required to provide proof of garage address for our truck.  We sent a screenshot of our Election ballot showing the address on the envelope and the date mailed (it is required to be in the last two months).  They are not accepting this?!?  

Has anyone else had your insurance started doing this. Can I ask who you use and how are you liking it?  

Thanks in advance.  

22 hours ago, Kathleen Hartman said:

Hello, 

we have been full time RVers for 4 years and with Progressive Instance from the beginning. This year we are being required to provide proof of garage address for our truck.

We have Progressive on the RV and have not been asked about this.

This is just and observation but insurance companies have been beat up hard in the last couple of years with wildfires, tornados, hurricanes, hail storms, etc. Auto rates, and this dates way back to when my dad was an insurance agent, have been based on location of garaging (usually Zip Code) to determine rates. Obviously those areas that are hardest hit with natural disasters and with bad drivers are going to see the highest rates. I think it is because of this they are starting to crack down on the proof of garaging location. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

4 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I think it is because of this they are starting to crack down on the proof of garaging location.

That makes sense, but we're talking about fulltimers, and the garaging location is always a fiction for them.  It would be pretty easy to filter out policies that have fulltimer liability coverage on them, and perhaps treat them a little differently; maybe the people at Progressive haven't grokked to that yet.

1 hour ago, Blues said:

That makes sense, but we're talking about fulltimers, and the garaging location is always a fiction for them.  It would be pretty easy to filter out policies that have fulltimer liability coverage on them, and perhaps treat them a little differently; maybe the people at Progressive haven't grokked to that yet.

We're fulltimers, too. I think it is starting to matter what you are using for "home" address and how you portray the lifestyle. I see the insurers point of view as well as my own. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg