Long Term RV Parks

tphawkeye

Have you considered any of the Escapee co-op parks?  I wouldn't consider the Escapee-owned parks right now with the new owner transition happening but the co-op parks are not owned by the Escapee organization and they would be a very good choice.

https://escapees.com/rv-parking/skp-co-op-parks/

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

The co-op parks would be a good Idea if you are willing to wait but most of them do have a waiting list to get a lot. The one exception may be The Ranch, which shows some lots available and does not mention that a waiting list exists. If you are at all interested in NM, I suggest that you take a look via this link and then contact the park.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We've stayed at The Ranch several times and enjoyed it and the residents. It seemed like a nice place for a seasonal hangout. When the first flood came it was called a hundred year event and I was still interested.  After the second I have my doubts.  Just something to think about. 

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

Most of the Co-op park websites will tell you how many are on the Wait List for a lot.  Some put their name on the wait list (usually a very nominal fee & mostly refundable) for a couple parks that they like and take a site at whichever comes up first.  The parks also have long-term sites if you'd want to take one of those while you're waiting to get your own site.  Or... just rent a site instead of buying. It's very reasonable living.

The parks with the longest wait lists are:  Benson, AZ, Chimacum, WA, Wallchula, FL, Aguanga, CA and Coarsegold, CA, Yuma, AZ.  They have a longer wait list for reasons.... nice areas, more amenities, etc.     

Shortest wait lists:  Lakewood, NM, Pahrump, NV, Casa Grand, AZ, Hondo, TX and Sutherlin, OR

Benson, AZ has a unique way of getting a lot from the Wait List. I don't know if other parks have a similar way.   For instance, they have approx. 350 on the wait list and that has been a consistent number for many, many years.  However, not everyone is ready to get a lot as they're still travelers or other reasons.  Each Saturday if there's a lot available anyone on the Wait List can call in and be put on a list for that day.  The lowest number calling in on that day will get the lot. Once you're in you will have first dibs on future available lots if you want a different lot.  Many take any lot just to get into the park.   It's amazing that some with very high numbers on the Wait List have gotten a lot on that day so it's always worth a try for that day.  Calling in during the summer when many are traveling sometimes works better than calling in during winter when folks are more stationary.  We had a lot there and it's an awesome park!  We also had a lot at Chimacum, WA..... one for summer; one for winter although many spend their time year-round at both parks. 

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years

55 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

The parks also have long-term sites if you'd want to take one of those while you're waiting to get your own site.  Or... just rent a site instead of buying. It's very reasonable living.

Which co-op parks have those options? I have never seen that on one of their websites nor at either of the two parks that we looked into getting a lot, but we opted for a different location so never joined either one and it was more than 10 years ago.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm not sure that every one does but they all have monthly rates and you'd have to check how long you could stay monthly.     Here is Benson, AZ long-term info:   https://skpsaguaro.org/long-term-rentals/

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years

The co-ops are a fantastic choice, especially during a time when privately owned RV park rates are skyrocketing (we just paid $1350 a month for the KOA Fort Collins off-season rate. It's going up to $2500/month next spring and summer!).

We were on the wait list for Sutherlin at one point, #190 or something like that, and we got up into the 90s within a year. Things move pretty fast, some people opt out as we eventually did. I would make it a point to spend at least a couple of months at each location to make sure you really like everything about it, but get on a waiting list now just to cover your bases at a park you think you'll enjoy.

Rene & Jim
Exploring North America since 2007. SKP #103,274