10/17/2024 Military Brief and Breaking News

RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

58 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

Glad to see the Supreme Court is taking the VA case. IMO the VA works very hard to not pay claims and that a denial of any claim is routine for first submission.

Both my Vietnam service related hearing loss and tinnitus claim, as well as my agent orange exposure claim, were accepted the first time I submitted them. The VSO reps that helped me with the paperwork were excellent.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

23 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Both my Vietnam service related hearing loss and tinnitus claim, as well as my agent orange exposure claim, were accepted the first time I submitted them. The VSO reps that helped me with the paperwork were excellent.

I'm sure some have to be accepted after all it takes the good mixed with the bad to make the averages. 🙂

I have only recently applied and did have a VSO that came highly recommended assist, so we shall see. I have just talked to enough other folks that have made the comments.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

On 10/23/2024 at 6:30 PM, bigjim said:

Brother I consider you fortunate. Mine has gone anything but smooth but seems to be on track now I hope.

Jim was the same for me, 30% since retirement until last year. resubmitted and went to 80, then this year went to 90.

I think it is 20% VSO, 80% resubmitting and appealing.

There are also lawyers that will review your case for $300 or so non-refundable and then will charge $5k if they take your case then they take out as payments from your pension checks some way. I cannot recommend or not but some swear by them.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire