VIN check for fifth wheel

crstrm

I am looking at (eventually) purchasing a used fifth wheel to replace the one I already have.

Can anyone recommend a VIN checker that they used? The National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) has a list of "approved" businesses. Like everything else, they probably all provide the same info but in different formats. Any recommendations of which checker to use?

Also, I am not sure if these Vin check businesses are also for towables like fifth wheels, etc.

Thanks,

Connie

2016 Leisure Travel Van Serenity S24CB

The RVs for for sale section may not be the place for this question so perhaps a mod can move it.

I'm not sure why you need a VIN check prior to purchase, however, every place we have purchased a vehicle that required a VIN check it was conducted by the state police or certified inspection station. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

The RVs for for sale section may not be the place for this question so perhaps a mod can move it.

I'm not sure why you need a VIN check prior to purchase, however, every place we have purchased a vehicle that required a VIN check it was conducted by the state police or certified inspection station. 

There's a difference between a VIN check and VIN verification.  The first is looking up the vehicle's history (accidents, major repairs, etc.) or whether there's an existing lien on the vehicle using the vehicle's VIN number.

VIN verification is confirming the VIN number on the registration and title matches the VIN number of the vehicle.  It's what is performed by the state police or other agency when the vehicle is sold or registered in another state.