Classes of 2008 and 2009

.......... i am hoping to have an Ipad II shipped to me tomorrow, complete with its own data plan.....Merry early Christmas to me!

Sue

I certainly understand gift giving early. I got an early birthday present today too. I figure if the kids can throw a party for me a month early, Terry can buy me a present a month early (or did I buy it for myself?). Anyway, Happy early Birthday to me!!!

post-7077-0-84911400-1320291375_thumb.jpg

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice looking ride Jeri, now you'll have to go shopping for a whole new ensemble to match the new color scheme. Ha Ha!! :lol: Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Nice looking ride Jeri, now you'll have to go shopping for a whole new ensemble to match the new color scheme. Ha Ha!! :lol: Steve

HAHA .. You are so right! My helmet is red. I tried to get my son-in-law to overnight me his lime green helmet but he won't do it. Guess I'm going to have to look for the green one here. Darn!

When you coming down! We miss you!!!! I've already lined up tennis partners for Carol. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We actually pulled up the pin today and moved. We made it to Astoria, so we are further away, but on our way??? The short trip up here was a very pretty drive along the Columbia river. The whole trip was in sunshine, but now it is raining pretty hard. I guess that's why they call this a "rain forest". Hmmmmm A number of large cargo ships are right here anchored in the river. It looks like there is quite a bit of construction going on around here, so that must be a good sign. This little RV park (pier 38) is just a small park with a few concrete slabs and gravel parking spots, but 50A and fhu's and right downtown next to the bridge to Washington. It is in a good location to explore and $25 per night, so not too bad. It looks like a number of construction guys are living here, so it was almost full even though the normal tourist season is over. We drove up to the beach on the Pacific and had to use 4x4 to get all the way, but "we could see Russia" from here :P Not sure if we are going to spend any time here or take off south tomorrow, so I guess we'll just see what the "jello ball" has in store. Happy travels, Steve

I don't know whether you know the area or not but we sure do (Jeri and Terry too). Some musts - shop in Cannon Beach, clam chowder at The Chowder Bowl in Depoe Bay, Sea Lion Caves (ask first how many seals are home cause you don't want to pay and then find out no one's home!), and you should stay in Florence, Oregon at Harbor Vista park. If you are not yet tired of clam chowder visit ICM which is next door to Mo's in the Old Town. Mo's used to be the best chowder ever but not anymore.

So now that I've lived vicariously through my friends, ENJOY Oregon, our second home.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We are back in AJ after our Rally. Had so much fun and so much food. Probably will stay put now until January. Carol A. - any idea when you're going to be here? Horrible winds for tomorrow with lost of dust storms.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I'm still at Jim Korstein's free park amongst the Saquaro's. This place is a prefect example of the Sonoran Desert. If I didn't have friends waiting for me to show up I think I could spend the winter right here. One of my friends stayed over also but the rest of the bunch took off for Yuma this morning. We passed the day by installing a cigarette lighter socket on my friends motorcycle. We did a pretty fancy job if you don't mind me bragging about it. He has a tiny 12 VDC air compressor. We wanted to be able to use it on the cycle so that we could let some of the air out of the tires for riding on sand then put it back in when he wanted to ride on pavment again. It worked like a charm riding down one of the washes here. It's a little slow pumping the tire back up but who's in a hurry.

Happy early birthday, HOT ROD

It I wasn't afraid I'd break every bone in my body acting like a 20 year old I'd buy myself a small dirt bike. I sure had lots of fun today but it was a little hard on the sore hip.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

It I wasn't afraid I'd break every bone in my body acting like a 20 year old I'd buy myself a small dirt bike. I sure had lots of fun today but it was a little hard on the sore hip.

What!!! You aren't 20????

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Jim and Sandie, it will probably be around the first part of Dec. We are going to spend more of next week at Rock Hound State Park then then a few days at the Deming SKP park to do some laundry Then we want to stop at the SKP park in Benson, and stay a few days at the AFB in Tucson. We like Tucson and love driving up Lemon Mountain. So we are in no rush but looking forwrd to getting there. Sounds like you had a great time at your rally!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

I'm Still at Jim Korstien. We had a wind event complete with dust today. It's wasn't too bad. The peak winds were only 27 mph. I thought someone stole all the nearby mountains because you couldn't see them because of the dust in the air. I had a bad day with the hip today and never did get it to stop hurting. Maybe tomorrow will be better. The wind isn't supposed to go away until about noon tomorrow so I guess I'll stay here another day. I have to go soon as I'm out of food except for the canned and frozen stuff. Today I mixed some Ranch dressing with a can of chicken breast with olives in it for sandwichs for lunch. It tasted much better than the lunch meat I ran out of anyway.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'm Still at Jim Korstien. We had a wind event complete with dust today. It's wasn't too bad. The peak winds were only 27 mph. I thought someone stole all the nearby mountains because you couldn't see them because of the dust in the air. I had a bad day with the hip today and never did get it to stop hurting. Maybe tomorrow will be better. The wind isn't supposed to go away until about noon tomorrow so I guess I'll stay here another day. I have to go soon as I'm out of food except for the canned and frozen stuff. Today I mixed some Ranch dressing with a can of chicken breast with olives in it for sandwichs for lunch. It tasted much better than the lunch meat I ran out of anyway.

Hi Lee,

I know you are probably fed up with advice regarding your pain. Have you considered that the pain may be sciatica? Sciatica is a symptom of another medical problem but causes the pain. It might we worth it to try this simple exercise. Both Doug and I have suffered with sciatica over the years.

Find a corner wall, yeah I know that's pretty hard to do in our "homes". Lie on the floor with your bum up tight to the wall and your leg flat against the wall. Hold for as long as you can. We did it two of three times a day. Try it.

I hope you find some relief somehow.

Toni

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Tonight finds me in Quartzsite at the Sun Setters RV Park. I've stopped here to get some sun screen window covers made for my bedroom windows. We had a bunch of wind and heavy rain at Jim Korstein Park last night. This morning it was pretty chilly and didn't look like it would improve much durning the day. And my Frig was empty so I came on to Q rather than unhooking my truck to drive into Casa Grande. I got the bare necessities at the little store in town and will drive over to Blythe to Albertsons tomorrow. I don't know how long I'll be here. It all depends on when I can get into the Awning shop. But I know one thing and that is I'll be at the SLABS before Thanksgiving day. I can't miss that meal.

Tony: It probably is Sciatica plus a swollen Bursa and a bit of Arthritis. I'm taking exercises every morning for it. But there is no way I can get to a wall, especially a corner while lying on the floor. And If I did lie on the floor I'd have to call the Marines out to get me back on my feet. But thanks for the concern.

Didn't do much today. Raining and about 50 degrees, but half of the people in this park went fishing this morning anyway. We got up and went to make coffee and our coffeemaker died. :angry: So because of that we got in the car and went out for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Found a nice little restaurant in town (Tillamook) and had a nice breakfast (with coffee), then went out looking for a new coffeemaker. Found that, and did a little grocery shopping and made our way back to the bus. Tried to watch a couple of football games, but the Winegard quit working. Aarrgghhh! I was having a little trouble with it in Astoria, but was parked next to a big cell phone tower and thought that was the problem. Well it wasn't. It keeps telling me "no LNB voltage". I went up and checked all the connections on the roof, then the rest of them, inside, but I think the "black box" is the problem. It goes up and tries to look for the satellite, then the "no LNB" comes on and it stows itself. Oh well, at least it's under warranty, but we really are not in the area of an authorized shop right now. This park has cable TV, so we were able to watch a couple of games anyway. I've never plugged into cable TV before, and had a hard time finding the cable plug on the outside bay of the bus, but finally did and it works! :P Sure is a pretty area to explore so we will probably be here a couple more days. It is a passport america park, so $11 per night. :D Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Didn't do much today. Raining and about 50 degrees, but half of the people in this park went fishing this morning anyway. We got up and went to make coffee and our coffeemaker died. :angry: So because of that we got in the car and went out for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Found a nice little restaurant in town (Tillamook) and had a nice breakfast (with coffee), then went out looking for a new coffeemaker. Found that, and did a little grocery shopping and made our way back to the bus. Tried to watch a couple of football games, but the Winegard quit working. Aarrgghhh! I was having a little trouble with it in Astoria, but was parked next to a big cell phone tower and thought that was the problem. Well it wasn't. It keeps telling me "no LNB voltage". I went up and checked all the connections on the roof, then the rest of them, inside, but I think the "black box" is the problem. It goes up and tries to look for the satellite, then the "no LNB" comes on and it stows itself. Oh well, at least it's under warranty, but we really are not in the area of an authorized shop right now. This park has cable TV, so we were able to watch a couple of games anyway. I've never plugged into cable TV before, and had a hard time finding the cable plug on the outside bay of the bus, but finally did and it works! :P Sure is a pretty area to explore so we will probably be here a couple more days. It is a passport america park, so $11 per night. :D Steve

What park are you in? Last time we were there we stayed in a park, think it was called Tillamook River park, which according to the manager used to be a derelict drug community. All cleaned up now and quite nice. It too was Passport America so maybe it is the same one.

Well you got out of the north in time. This morning we have frozen water. Not good for showering or even making cocoa (we don't drink coffee). So as I sit I am watching the tap drip and hoping we will get water soon or I will have to wait and shower in our daughter's super four nozzle two person shower. Hmmm.sad.gif

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

What park are you in? Last time we were there we stayed in a park, think it was called Tillamook River park, which according to the manager used to be a derelict drug community. All cleaned up now and quite nice. It too was Passport America so maybe it is the same one.

Well you got out of the north in time. This morning we have frozen water. Not good for showering or even making cocoa (we don't drink coffee). So as I sit I am watching the tap drip and hoping we will get water soon or I will have to wait and shower in our daughter's super four nozzle two person shower. Hmmm.sad.gif

Ahh, the emoticons are frozen too.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hi, Toni, this park is Big Spruce, located in netarts, right by the bay west of Tillamook. Mostly long time fishermen, but quiet and the price is right. A little tight to get into, but once in we have pleanty of room. Sorry you're in the "eskimo club". :lol: Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Steve 44 & Carol

If you have time & Stop around Lincoln City take a day trip east on Hwy 18 to McMinnville. The Evergreen Air & Space museum is a must see. Great exhibit's. It's where the Spruce Goose is housed. When we were there the blackbird was sitting under the wing of the Spruce Goose. www.evergreenmuseum.org or just google Evergreen Space Museum.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Hi, Toni, this park is Big Spruce, located in netarts, right by the bay west of Tillamook. Mostly long time fishermen, but quiet and the price is right. A little tight to get into, but once in we have pleanty of room. Sorry you're in the "eskimo club". :lol: Steve

We had checked that one out and didn't like it. You're right too tight and too dark.

I looked in my blog for the name of the park we were in in Tillamook but I didn't include the name. Oh well, the one you are in is $11.00 and the one we were in was $25.00.

Hey, have you seen any of those weird black and white cows that look like they have been drawn on for the butcher. They are called Belted Galloways but are also called Oreo cows for the obvious reasons.

We always have breakfast at the cheese factory. It's fantastic and it is so interesting to sit there at 8:00 am (oh yeah you would never be up at 8:00 am) and see the number of people come in for ice cream cones at that time.

P. S. to you and all the others reading this. The cat died. We are sad but relieved.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I have an appointment to get the Sun Screens made for my bedroom windows in the morning. So I'll be heading for the SLABS the following morning. Dave C. and I had a good Brisket Dinner last night at the Palo Verde restaurant in Q. We sat and talked for a long time. It's a wonder the waitress didn't toss us out. The wind has been a little cool since I've been here so I haven't been sitting outside where I could carve. I go to Happy hour at 4 and that's about the size of my day. I did ride my bike a little while today.

I thought I'd seen just about everything but this morning a Motor home pulling a Toad which was pulling a trailer which had the front wheel and fork of a motor cycle in the trailer and the rear wheel dragging behind came down main street here in Q. The trailer was loaded with something stacked high and covered with a tarp. Ropes tied to the forks of the cycle and to rings in the edge of the trailer floor held the motor cycle upright. Leave it to Q to find the unusual. I wonder how that guy ever got into a gas station and back out again.

Left Yuma yesterday and headed east. Made it to Benson where I almost had to put on LONG pants again. Temperature here is 31 this morning and not supposed to be much better in Las Cruces tomorrow morning. The SKP park here is nice, but was a bit surprised when on top of the nightly rate, which was a bit higher than the new book listed, they are also charging for the Electricity. Not to likely I'll stop here again.

Joe

On edit, I double checked the book and found I had miss read the rates. That being said, I disagree with charging Electric on top of rent on a Daily Rental. Had I wanted to leave early this morning things would not have been good. So I'll stand by my statement about staying here in the future.

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

:P

Sounds like you're having the same luck as we are this fall with "stuff" Since we've been home I've had several things go south.... I was chalking it up to non use....but as a general rule, you know things go in threes! Hope #3 is minor!!! I got through my three...hahaha.... We have had a very busy 10 days...the last of the yearly hunters went home this morning. I have cooked two meals a day since Thursday, get the kitchen cleaned up about 10 pm and get up at 5 am to start over. Tired? Absolutely. The other day, I thought Steves made it back to Oklahoma... blamed his arrival for the 5.6 earthquake! Guess not, You missed that bus rockin event! I was in a 5.3 aftershock...it wakes ya right up! Then yesterday the storms that went through there were pretty bad too...so be really glad you're still up north! They have threatened us with a pretty major snow storm for two days now and it hasn't happened yet. I'm taking a couple days off to regroup. DH taking off with KayCee for Colorado on Friday... and I'm going for a girl's weekend with a good friend of mine....beginning with attending another one of my son's band's shows Friday nite! I can still party...I just pay for it longer! :P I was informed this morning on our live local tv channel that I will be making an appearance very soon! I didn't know that...probably next Tuesday, so I will need to get busy and decide on something Brilliant to make that will dazzle these Nebraskites! I haven't done Live tv for a couple of years, so will need to practice! Nothing boring about the sticks and bricks life this year. I've been on the go and planning lots more of stuff for "me" this year., I just have to fit in all this work too!I was the recipient of a pair of beautiful diamond stud ear rings for a belated 33rd anniversary gift. Nice suprise! I feel blessed to have an active thoughtful husband!P.S. I can't wait to get out of here!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Sounds like you're having the same luck as we are this fall with "stuff" Since we've been home I've had several things go south.... I was chalking it up to non use....but as a general rule, you know things go in threes! Hope #3 is minor!!! I got through my three...hahaha.... We have had a very busy 10 days...the last of the yearly hunters went home this morning. I have cooked two meals a day since Thursday, get the kitchen cleaned up about 10 pm and get up at 5 am to start over. Tired? Absolutely. The other day, I thought Steves made it back to Oklahoma... blamed his arrival for the 5.6 earthquake! Guess not, You missed that bus rockin event! I was in a 5.3 aftershock...it wakes ya right up! Then yesterday the storms that went through there were pretty bad too...so be really glad you're still up north! They have threatened us with a pretty major snow storm for two days now and it hasn't happened yet. I'm taking a couple days off to regroup. DH taking off with KayCee for Colorado on Friday... and I'm going for a girl's weekend with a good friend of mine....beginning with attending another one of my son's band's shows Friday nite! I can still party...I just pay for it longer! :P I was informed this morning on our live local tv channel that I will be making an appearance very soon! I didn't know that...probably next Tuesday, so I will need to get busy and decide on something Brilliant to make that will dazzle these Nebraskites! I haven't done Live tv for a couple of years, so will need to practice! Nothing boring about the sticks and bricks life this year. I've been on the go and planning lots more of stuff for "me" this year., I just have to fit in all this work too!I was the recipient of a pair of beautiful diamond stud ear rings for a belated 33rd anniversary gift. Nice suprise! I feel blessed to have an active thoughtful husband!P.S. I can't wait to get out of here!

What are you going to be doing on tv? Can you record it so we can all see it sometime?

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

What are you going to be doing on tv? Can you record it so we can all see it sometime?

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png