Classes of 2008 and 2009

It was Pizza at Silly Al's tonight. We had a long wait before being seated even with reservations. We had a long wait after being seated waiting for someone to take our order and a long wait getting our food but we had fun anyway. And the Pizza was good. The wind died down before we left Silly Al's but by that time everyone was tired so we opted for not having a campfire tonight. I have one comment..Burrrrrrrrrppp

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ya we ended up having a fire anyway. Then this morning we had Breakfast Catered in. :o Shortly after that we had to head for Mesa, AZ and more adventures with friends. I'll be back out there to check up on everyone on Thursday.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Ya we ended up having a fire anyway. Then this morning we had Breakfast Catered in. :o Shortly after that we had to head for Mesa, AZ and more adventures with friends. I'll be back out there to check up on everyone on Thursday.

Joe

Hey, you get back here and don't forget the chocolates! Loved Marguerite by the way!

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I'm not going to sit here and tell you about the delicious chili, tacos, Macaroni & Cheese and all that other good stuff that was on the serving table for Pot Luck tonigh. Nither am I going to tell you about all the desserts, even pie on the other serving table. You might come running and I'd have to eat faster to get more before you beat me to it. But if you do come and horn in on all this good chow and company Bring Cranberry Juice (Spelled Pinot Noir) to my trailer. Well, After all it's Leap Year. I need extra because it's longer than last year.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you about the delicious chili, tacos, Macaroni & Cheese and all that other good stuff that was on the serving table for Pot Luck tonigh. Nither am I going to tell you about all the desserts, even pie on the other serving table. You might come running and I'd have to eat faster to get more before you beat me to it. But if you do come and horn in on all this good chow and company Bring Cranberry Juice (Spelled Pinot Noir) to my trailer. Well, After all it's Leap Year. I need extra because it's longer than last year.

I feel really fortunate this morning! ONe....for all of you! What a great day we had! Even tho I'm a foofy clutz!!!! Thanks for making me feel welcome.... loved our big pot luck! Had a great time visiting with all....meeting some new friends....Jerry and Kimberly! Every one of these are special....great trip into Q..... literally....the fall wasn't too great however! Lunch at the Palo Verde was fun with Steve and Carol. Wish we could have stayed longer, but our injured bodies needed our own bed! That's what this lifestyle is all about! Old Friends, New friends, adventures, campfire stories and looking forward to our next meeting! IYQ... don't drink all that Cranberry Juice while yer carving! (which is awesome by the way!!!) When ya'll get to Yuma area let me know so we can get together!~ See? I did get out of bed this morning! But with the help of Ibuprophen and prayer!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

When I got up this morning it was such a beautiful day I said to myself. Myself, lets clean out the back of the truck and fix the supports that hold the ladder so that they won't shuck around when I go over bumpy road. So I went out and opened the back of the truck. picked up a cardboard box that I had spare pins and clips in and put them in a tool box that Terry had put out with the free stuff and took another look at the mess in there and closed the door and went back inside. Then I tought I'd get the work bench out to saw some basswood strips to fix where I goofed up a carved recipe box I was working one. Well, the gang had gathered infront of my trailer and started talking. I went out to defend myself and embellish on what they were saying about every one else who isn't here. The work bench is still in the truck and the box is still goofed up. Oh Well, isn't that what this life style is all about. There's alway tomorrow. We had a great time at the campfire tonight. But we goofed up there too. We forgot to talk about Foofy and Goofy who went back to Yuma yesterday evening. We'll get them on the agenda for tomorrow night's campfire. Come back Foofy and defend yourself and bring another bottle of Cranberry juice. And thanks for the one you brought yesterday.

Sometimes we're just too tired to post anything but I did want to say thanks again, Kay. That was sure nice of you. We didn't realize we had such a celebrity among us! :D

You are all very welcome! Not a very big celebrity I might add....But most of the time I'm the biggest celebrity at meal time!!! ;) Do a thorough job of talking about us.....I will be waiting for my nose to itch and my ears to ring....so as I know you're doing a good job.... I'm still convalesceing and trying to heal up from the "trip" hahaha. Carry on without me..and I'll see ya soon I hope!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Guest coldsmoke

we are on hold in flight pattern around vegas.... electrrical system went belly up last night.. camping world just got it fixed (we hope) so we wont be pulling out friday as planned, shooting for saturday now.

we are a comedy of errors and breakdowns.

im sure terry sabotaged me when we left.. beware of the bear terry

mike and deb

we are on hold in flight pattern around vegas.... electrrical system went belly up last night.. camping world just got it fixed (we hope) so we wont be pulling out friday as planned, shooting for saturday now.

we are a comedy of errors and breakdowns.

im sure terry sabotaged me when we left.. beware of the bear terry

mike and deb

Oh no~ so sorry. Well, our inverter blew up on us today and we had to replace it. Was that Mike's doing??? Saturday we're visiting the Desert Bar. Maybe you can stop along the road on your way south and visit with us???!!! :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Terry threatened me today. He said he was going to cut off my Trailer Hitch. Sooooo, I guess I'll have to sneak out in the middle of the night because I plan on going back to the slabs this coming week to get my mail coming again. I need my tax forms or Uncle Sam will flatten my tires. I finished the chip carved Recipe box today and it looks pretty good despite the patch job I had to do on it. I won't be starting another project untill I get to the slabs. I won't have time. Between now and next week I have to make a couple of appearances at the LOW's on Plamosa Rd to forfill my social duties. Also a very good friend of mine called today and said she was here camped with the LOW's. I'd like to take her out to dinner a couple of times to talk over old times. The campfire was great tonight. We brought in a new couple and they seem to fit in real well. (Read that as tolerate our antics) Some of you sandbaggers should be here to meet such nice people. It would lift your spirits. (I know your right arm does a pretty good job at lifting your spirits now.) But come on be sociable.

You are all very welcome! Not a very big celebrity I might add....But most of the time I'm the biggest celebrity at meal time!!! ;) Do a thorough job of talking about us.....I will be waiting for my nose to itch and my ears to ring....so as I know you're doing a good job.... I'm still convalesceing and trying to heal up from the "trip" hahaha. Carry on without me..and I'll see ya soon I hope!

I got a job today.

Job is almost a four letter word. But this is really going to help us. Working at the big tent show in Quartzsite, 9 days straight, 9 - 5 serving samples to customers. My biggest concern is .... it is now scorching hot and I burn. Lots of sunscreen.

Doug may have a job too at the same place. We'll see. I would actually prefer if he didn't get hired so that he could look after the dog, have my supper ready for me, not concern ourselves with parking etc etc. Wait and see. Money is good.

Kay, we will still stop over in Yuma for 2 or 3 days and we can reserve a spot at Da Boyz.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

it was the converter that burned up.. but we will be on road saturday.

anyone coming to vegas today or saturday, then going back to Q ? just need terrys trailer to haull 4 wheeler back.

mike and deb

The gang went to Castle Dome today so I went up to Plamosa Road to visit with my LOW friends and to take a friend from Colorado out to dinner so we could talk about old times. I got back just in time for the campfire which was fairly calm tonight. I'm pooped so I think I'll hit the sack early.

it was the converter that burned up.. but we will be on road saturday.

anyone coming to vegas today or saturday, then going back to Q ? just need terrys trailer to haull 4 wheeler back.

mike and deb

You're welcome to use the trailer to haul your 4 wheeler south but don't know anyone going to Las Vegas for a month or two.

Guess who showed up today? Sandie couldn't stand not being with all of us so she and Jim returned!! Shadowtracks moved two miles south to his other group but he can't get rid of us that fast. He'll still be around. Our little party continues to grow. Mike and Deb are returning tomorrow and two other rigs showed up. So, we lost two today but by tomorrow four more will return.

We car pooled to the Castle Dome ghost town today. So, tomorrow we're playing musical cars and heading to the Desert Bar.

We've met a lot of new folks and had an absolutely marvelous time this year. Wish everyone was here.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I didn't go to the Desert Bar with the group today. Been there, Done That. I'm kinda glad I opted out because the wind cam up today and blew like it was in Quartzsite. (Oh Yeah, It was in Quartzsite and Parker to.) I went down town fairly early and the big Tent was wall to wall cars for a half mile down the highway. So that got shelved also. Then I loaded the LP tank on the truck and headed for Plamosa Rd to be with the LOWs. I met a lot of folks that were not there yesterday then filled the LP tank on my way back to LaPosa South. It's dark now and the wind is still blowing out there. I hope it gets somewhere eles before morning. It blew down our "Club House tent" Terry was here and tried to take it down by himself. He said the wind picked him up off the ground while trying to get it down. If I'd have seen it I'd have tried to help but I would probably have ended up on the ground with the tent and everything that was in it. I ran out of food stuff today so I'll probably just pull out Monday and go back to the slabs and get restocked there. I have plenty of the frozen grilled chicken strips but no fresh vegetables or Olive Oil to go with it. I do have a few canned and frozen veggies but I go sparingly on them because of all the salt. I could just live on Cranberry Juice but that would use up the supply I begged everyone for so I guess I should ration that. Anyone, Cranberry Juice for the poor homeless, unemployed old man. Please. (Pinot Noir) hint! LOL

I didn't go to the Desert Bar with the group today. Been there, Done That. I'm kinda glad I opted out because the wind cam up today and blew like it was in Quartzsite. (Oh Yeah, It was in Quartzsite and Parker to.) I went down town fairly early and the big Tent was wall to wall cars for a half mile down the highway. So that got shelved also. Then I loaded the LP tank on the truck and headed for Plamosa Rd to be with the LOWs. I met a lot of folks that were not there yesterday then filled the LP tank on my way back to LaPosa South. It's dark now and the wind is still blowing out there. I hope it gets somewhere eles before morning. It blew down our "Club House tent" Terry was here and tried to take it down by himself. He said the wind picked him up off the ground while trying to get it down. If I'd have seen it I'd have tried to help but I would probably have ended up on the ground with the tent and everything that was in it. I ran out of food stuff today so I'll probably just pull out Monday and go back to the slabs and get restocked there. I have plenty of the frozen grilled chicken strips but no fresh vegetables or Olive Oil to go with it. I do have a few canned and frozen veggies but I go sparingly on them because of all the salt. I could just live on Cranberry Juice but that would use up the supply I begged everyone for so I guess I should ration that. Anyone, Cranberry Juice for the poor homeless, unemployed old man. Please. (Pinot Noir) hint! LOL

YOu guys stay safe out there. Heard from Nick Russell that there was a crazy trying to get into someones rig for drugs. Also, try to stay upright in the wind! Its not good here in Yuma either. It came up this afternoon and I just stay inside. Oh yeah, by the way! I went to a Model Open House this morning, this afternoon they called to tell me I was the winner of a 32" T.V. I signed up this morning, kinda forgot about it because I never win anything! Not so today....went right over and picked it up! Nice suprise. Not in need right now, so not sure what we will do with it, probably take it home in May!I replaced our bedroom one in October. I could have used it then!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I went to the Big Tent today and I thought I bought everything they had but some of the crew came back and said there where still lots of things left so Joe and I went back together and tried to clean them out again. I think we must have got most of it this last time. So. tomorrow morning I'll hook up and head back to the slabs if I still have enough money to get there. I'm out of everything you can run out of and in fact I'm even out of things to run out of. So I'll drop off my trailer at the Slabs and head back to Brawley and Wally World to stock up again. I did find it easier to sit on my wallet after visiting the Big Tent in Q. I wonder if Wally World will put my groceries on the Tab.

I went to the Big Tent today and I thought I bought everything they had but some of the crew came back and said there where still lots of things left so Joe and I went back together and tried to clean them out again. I think we must have got most of it this last time. So. tomorrow morning I'll hook up and head back to the slabs if I still have enough money to get there. I'm out of everything you can run out of and in fact I'm even out of things to run out of. So I'll drop off my trailer at the Slabs and head back to Brawley and Wally World to stock up again. I did find it easier to sit on my wallet after visiting the Big Tent in Q. I wonder if Wally World will put my groceries on the Tab.

Since your wallet is lighter, you may find it difficult to stay planted in all that wind! Travel safe and I'm glad we got to see ya again this year. I was gonna try to get to the big tent this week, but if you didn't leave much, I may pass. Hope ya got some good stuff! :) Have fun at the Slabs.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Really sorry we missed "Goodbyes" Lee. We will cross paths again soon I am sure. Until then, be safe and well and remember your goal to live to 150 and.........

{{{{Hugs}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

I'm Back at the Slabs tonight. Most of my buddies that were here are still at Quartzsite but a few got back today. I stopped at the rest area to dump then brought the trailer on out and unhooked then went back to Brawley to Wally World and started tossing groceries into my shopping cart. I thought I was out of everything encluding things to run out of but when I got back from Wally World I found I was running out of cabinet and Frig space. Oh Well those things that are sitting out in plain site won't last long. I've already got rid of an extra box of cookies. I enjoyed being with the gang at Quartzsite. Now I can look forward to next year.

Jan 23rd to March 5th back at Palm Gardens in Mesa, AZ, after a good time at "Q" to finish out the winter.

Quartzsite- Just got back after 10 days with the class of 07 out at "Q". What a nice group of people! We are class of 09. They really made us feel welcome. They even officially adopted 6 of us couples not of the 07 class, and even pinned us with badges to prove it! They are also such kind hearted folks. We had an auction right there in the desert of items no longer wanted. We raised a generous huge amount of money of which 100% goes to SKP CARE. The evening bon fires and sharing adventures along with great food from the "desert chefs" under spectacular sunsets just didn't get any better than that!! This was our first time at "Q" and the group really made it nice for us. We had a great time and made lots of new friends we hope to meet again soon down the road.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Back in AJ. Thanks guys for the great time at Q. Met some really wonderful new people who fit right in with this insane group of ours. Getting ready for the surgery next Tuesday.

Tomorrow night we're going to party with Eric and Karla, Paul and hopefully Sue and Paul at Superstition Skies.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

The first full day back at the Slabs and I spent most of it trying to download updates for that Rand McNally RV GPS. I got a couple of the ones it said I needed but the Construction Areas update wouldn't download. And Nothing went like the instructions stated. One reason is windows keeps blocking the program from starting without my permission. I give it my permission but it won't let me take it off the blocked programs list. I swear Microsoft is going to drive me back to using the Abacus. I've hated window every since I switched from DOS. And when I switched to Vista I began to dispise it.

Back in AJ. Thanks guys for the great time at Q. Met some really wonderful new people who fit right in with this insane group of ours. Getting ready for the surgery next Tuesday.

Tomorrow night we're going to party with Eric and Karla, Paul and hopefully Sue and Paul at Superstition Skies.

Ah, Eric and Karla are there? We must make a date for when we get that way.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png