Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, Lee, Vista is the devil. Many people have upgraded by going back to Windows 97. :)

We upgraded by going back to Macs.

Linda Sand

We skipped Vista and went right to Windows 7. Sometimes the problem tends to be the operator. I know because I get static at times when I goof up. That happens more times than I want. :D

Grubstake was the place we got together for dinner tonight. Well, not of all got together but those that were around when we left. It's amazing how many spur of the moment things we come up with. It was too windy for a campfire. We're hoping tomorrow the wind will be gone and things will be back to normal. At least that's what we're hoping.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

The first full day back at the Slabs and I spent most of it trying to download updates for that Rand McNally RV GPS. I got a couple of the ones it said I needed but the Construction Areas update wouldn't download. And Nothing went like the instructions stated. One reason is windows keeps blocking the program from starting without my permission. I give it my permission but it won't let me take it off the blocked programs list. I swear Microsoft is going to drive me back to using the Abacus. I've hated window every since I switched from DOS. And when I switched to Vista I began to dispise it.

Dang, that's what I have planned for today. Hope I have better luck than your having Lee. So far not to much happening down here in the Yuma area. Went out in the desert for a Bonfire\Wienie Roast the other night. Then yesterday we had wind all day so I rewired a couple more flourscent fixtures to take LED's. Now have the main light I use in the coach changed over to LED's, so should help with battery usage when I'm dry camping.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We were going to leave for Yuma this morning, I had forgotten that we were supposd to meet friends here this week until they called,

so we will move to Pulmosa Rd. this morning for a few days before going to Yuma.

We have had a GREAT time with everyone, and maby will see some of you at Yuma.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

As has been our tradition, we are late getting to Q (just in time for the end of the show), hopefully this weekend. Currently on the beach at Ventura, have been fighting connect/disconnect issues with a new aircard from Verizon (UML290). Will test a couple more days before deciding whether to keep or not!

Heading to Pasadena for a couple days, then onward to Q!

Hey to Eric & Karla, Jim & Sandy. Cheers, to all!

-Don

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

As has been our tradition, we are late getting to Q (just in time for the end of the show), hopefully this weekend. Currently on the beach at Ventura, have been fighting connect/disconnect issues with a new aircard from Verizon (UML290). Will test a couple more days before deciding whether to keep or not!

Heading to Pasadena for a couple days, then onward to Q!

Hey to Eric & Karla, Jim & Sandy. Cheers, to all!

-Don

So Don, what do we have to do to get you to Q earlier next year?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hmmm,,, don't quite know; we still honor our (one, last) volunteer committee work for a square dance event the third w/e in Jan... in a couple years, the 3rd Sat rolls around to be "early" enough that we could get there around the 16th, or so. (I guess it's a matter of "letting go" of past associations -- but, since we're always nearby for the holidays (with half the grandkids & all Fannie's sibliings, etc.), seems obvious what our January itinerary will be.

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

I got all the florescents changed over to LED's today then decided to turn my AC gooseneck clamp-on lamp over to 12 volt LED's. I got a standard light bulb and broke the glass off leaving just the two wires that hold the filament. I've ordered a 12 volt light socket from the NAPA store to fasten to those two wires to receive the LED bulb. I've cut the plug off the lamp cord and put a cigarette lighter plug on instead. So tomorrow when I go to NAPA to get the DC socket I should be in business. While I was in Calipatria at the NAPA store I stopped and bought a PIZZA. I forgot that we were having Fetucini Florentine with chicken at the LOW compound tonight. So I ate them both. Boy am I stuffed. I have put off doing my laundry for Two days now and am considering just getting new clothes instead. But then I'd have to wash the sizing out so I could ware them. Two bad we don't have a Magic Circle here at the slabs.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Two bad we don't have a Magic Circle here at the slabs.

Well, you could always come back and visit the Magic Circle at "Q".

We've had a mass migration out of here. The Coldsmoke RV moved out today. Freddy and Delcie left and even Paul pulled out. Tomorrow Connie and Kenny will pull out and we'll be down to only six rigs. However, on a good note ...... Yuma seems to be the place many folks are heading. Kay made reservations at Da Boyz for dinner next Wednesday night!!! We'll be there!! Anyone else?????

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Hey, Jeri -- we plan to arrive in Q (at the party coordinates) on Sat; decided not to fight Friday traffic coming outta LA... maybe will see you & others?!?

After Q, for the end of the big RV show (and maybe new DTV deal?), we plan on Tempe/Mesa -- scouting possible land-purchase options to "store our stuff".

-Don

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

Jeri.....how did Connie & Kenny enjoy "the group"????? :blink: Are they going to try Yuma? Hope you didn't talk about the weavers...LOL

Later........Paul

Edited by Paul Weaver

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

We've had a mass migration out of here. The Coldsmoke RV moved out today. Freddy and Delcie left and even Paul pulled out. Tomorrow Connie and Kenny will pull out and we'll be down to only six rigs. However, on a good note ...... Yuma seems to be the place many folks are heading. Kay made reservations at Da Boyz for dinner next Wednesday night!!! We'll be there!! Anyone else?????

Sounds good to me, now I just have to remember it. I'm heading for Mexico today with a small group of friends. I'll really, REALLY try to stay out of trouble. That said my "Date" for the day is a beautiful young COWGIRL, so who knows what might happen. :blink:

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Jeri.....how did Connie & Kenny enjoy "the group"????? :blink: Are they going to try Yuma? Hope you didn't talk about the weavers...LOL

Later........Paul

Sorry, didn't have too much time to talk about the Weavers but just a little. We did tell them about everyone else. I think they decided to run away before anyone else showed up. They mentioned leaving before sunrise. We weren't sure whether it was to get in the dump line or to sneak out. Hope we didn't embarrass you too much. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Yoo HOO!!!! I went to Q yesterday and tramped through and around the big Tent and guess who I ran into? Yep! I heart someone yelling "Kay!" "Kay!" and sure enough, there was Toni hangin her head out of the food trailer waving up a storm. So I walked up and greeted her, and turned around and Doug was there too by golly! Yes sireee..... I called just now and got the Marilyn Monroe Room and told them there would be 12.... Got it for Wednesday the 1st at 5:30....I have a few coupons if we want to do that family style thing, and if anyone else gets ahold of a white sheet advertiser here in Yuma, the coupons are in there if ya want to grab them. It was a ball last year and I really am looking forward to it again!!! Now I can say I have been to the tent....really didn't see any bargains though. We did buy an electrode massager like the ones at Physical therapy that make your muscles jump. I need that on my shoulder and neck after I fell last week! IYQ....so sorry you won't be joining us for the speghetti, but sounds like you're getting your share of Italian noodles up there! You guys and wiring.... that sounds like way too complicated work to me, I bugged out and sat by the pool all day!~ Foofys my name and "foofin'" is my game! ;) Might as well take advantage of it since we're here!! See whomever shoes out next Wednesday! Excited!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well, today I managed to get by again without doing the laundry. I'm getting good at that but a little dirtier. I went to Calipatria to get the parts for the lamp that I ordered yesterday and was told they would be in this morning. I showed up a 12:15 PM the parts were not in yet but would be in withing about an hour. I drove to Brawley to check the RV store for wire to re-do my solar panels. While there I went to another auto parts store and got one of the plugs I needed just in case. When I got back to the NAPA in Calipatria the parts were not in yet. They said they had a problem in Brawley and were just now leaving there. I'm sure glad I bought the one socket I did while in Brawley. Tomorrow I don't think I'll go in to the Calipatria NAPA store to get the parts on order. I'll just drive the extra 10 mile and go to Brawley and get the rest of the stuff there.

That Pizza party in Yuma sounds good but a little far away for an evening out. We have a combination Mexican Restaurant, Bakery, Hamburg stand that sells a medium sized pizza for $5. and they are very good. The $5. gets you cheese and Pepperoni. The rest of the toppings are between fifty cents and a dollar each. We have a bunch from here going to the Blue Grass festival in Yuma sometime next week. I understand it is a one day event. Another group is going to the Holtville Hot tubs either tomorrow or Saturday. They are going by car so they can get in on the bridge just north of the one that is blocked and come down the bumpy canal road.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Guest coldsmoke

we are at north ranch, in congress waiting on parts for the MH in Q, if they ever get them we will go back to Q to have them installed.

hope you all are well. it was a great pleasure finally meeting every one

and remeber if YOU CANT SEE THE SEA DONT EAT THE SEA FOOD !!

TAKECARE ALL

mike and deb

we are sitting here in Mesa for a few days after a stressful day getting our new axle put on. we missed dinner with Sandie and entourage....hopefully we can get together in the next week or so.As usual we had a great time with wveryone in Q!!

Off to find a good hike before hitting the hot tub!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

we are sitting here in Mesa for a few days ......

Sue

Hi Sue, I see you guys are staying in Mesa. We are looking for a CG on the east side of Phoenix for the end of March and first week of April. We've checked a couple places and they are booked. Nothing fancy...no need for activities, etc... Any suggestions :unsure:

Thanks

Paul (and Marsha)

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Paul,

We like this one: Usery Mountain Regional Park US 60 E to Ellsworth Rd N, Mesa $20 W/E; dump; 73 sites; first come; okay internet

Linda Sand

I vote with Linda. As a matter of fact, it's one of our very favorite parks anywhere. It's also one of Sue and Paul's favorite. At least that's what she said.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

I went back to the NAPA store in Calipatria and the parts still were not in so I told them to forget it and went to Brawley to get a hair cut and beard trim. When I got home I snuck up on the mirror and took a peek. I saw something that amost looked human. Scary. Now all I have to do is find a way to trick myself into doing the laundry. It was a little breezy at the slabs today. (22 MPH) but after the 80's of yesterday it felt kinda good.

I went back to the NAPA store in Calipatria and the parts still were not in so I told them to forget it and went to Brawley to get a hair cut and beard trim. When I got home I snuck up on the mirror and took a peek. I saw something that amost looked human. Scary. Now all I have to do is find a way to trick myself into doing the laundry. It was a little breezy at the slabs today. (22 MPH) but after the 80's of yesterday it felt kinda good.

Cloudy and breezy here in Yuma today too...glad I did the pool thing yesterday. Today we walked around the Indoor Marketplace and it was a good day for that..Tomorrow we have an Antique Car Show here at the Palms, the public is invited and they're expecting about 2500 people. If anybody is around....come on out. It was a great time last year! Burgers and Beer for $3.50..... live Entertainment Poolside..... Noon to Three~!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08