Classes of 2008 and 2009

A note was sent this morning from Lee Finlay's family. I wanted to post it here for those who knew him. As Julie indicated previously, Lee has just gone on ahead of us to select a spot for the great campfire on the other side. He went first just so he could pick out the best spot for the rest of us. Lee was a dear friend and we were truly blessed to have known him. He lived his dream of fulltime RVing for about three years.

From his family ....

"Lee has left our world and entered the next in peace February 4th. He had all his family near him his final days. Any one who would like to send cards may do so.

A memorial service will be held in Waco TX within the next two weeks at the VFW post # 6008. I will let all of you know the address and time in a couple days.

Thank you for being loving friends."

Sorry to hear about Lee, will keep his family in my thoughts.

On another note, that pesky pin almost flew to it's new location. All set up in the Hospital parking lot here in Loma Linda.

Joe

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Boy the retired life is getting me tired again. I drove into town this morning and got a tank of LP gas and filled my 7 gallon portable water jug to make sure I had enough for a shower. Deeming that enough work for a day I sat and finished the carving part of the Gnome Home I've been working on. All I have to do with it now is wax it. The gang had a Superbowl party complete with a table full of snacks. I opted out on that. My belly is already too big. And besides I already know that the team that doesn't lose is going to be the winner. I snuck in a Steve somewhere along the line. Boy this Full time RV life is tough but someone has to do it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I have lost the 2008-2009 map site. How do I get it back?

LIFE IS GOOD!!

Freddy

Here you go Freddy! www.rvclass2008.com

then you can save it again to your favorites!

See you guys this afternoon! ;)

Edited by mskayndan

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

One of the Cowgirls stopped by tonight and invited me to dinner at the Italian Restaurant in Brawley. Boy that's a switch. I took her up on it. Was a nice evening with good food and conversation. I finished the Gnome Home carving I've been working on so now all I have to do is twiddle my thumbs and of course I could do that pesky laundry which I'll have to break down and do or go naked.

I got an email from Denise and she is planning on coming here to the Slabs so I can instruct her on what she needs to do to install her own solar system. She says she doesn't mind getting dirty crawling around under her Motorhome. So I don't mind sitting in my chair and drinking up her cranberry juice while she does all the work. I'm a little leary about asking her to come out from under the motorhome to pour me some more cranberry juice though. She might find a sudden use for that long screwdriver in her hand. We are going to have to work fast because I'll be leaving the Slabs near the end of the month.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

One of the Cowgirls stopped by tonight and invited me to dinner at the Italian Restaurant in Brawley. Boy that's a switch. I took her up on it. Was a nice evening with good food and conversation. I finished the Gnome Home carving I've been working on so now all I have to do is twiddle my thumbs and of course I could do that pesky laundry which I'll have to break down and do or go naked.

I got an email from Denise and she is planning on coming here to the Slabs so I can instruct her on what she needs to do to install her own solar system. She says she doesn't mind getting dirty crawling around under her Motorhome. So I don't mind sitting in my chair and drinking up her cranberry juice while she does all the work. I'm a little leary about asking her to come out from under the motorhome to pour me some more cranberry juice though. She might find a sudden use for that long screwdriver in her hand. We are going to have to work fast because I'll be leaving the Slabs near the end of the month.

So glad you're finding good conversation and still teaching! Also, you better go get that laundry done, or you could move to that park that's Clothing Optional!!! ha ha You could almost be an Italian Food Critic, and a cranberry juice conneseur! Have fun, that's the important thing!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Another great time had by the leftover bunch here in Yuma! Jeri fixed the most wonderful tasting steaks that I've had in a very long time! The other dishes were excellent and the company Extrordinary! Now our next meeting.... We have a Tour scheduled for Martha's Garden Date Farm Thursday Afternoon, and we are meeting in the parking lot at 2:00pm. After that, I want to invite all of ya back over here to our place for Appies and "Happy Hour!" You might want to bring your chairs. The group is dwindling and one of these days, will just be us left here in Yuma until we meet somewhere down the road. I'm having the best time with my RV Family! And you guys truly are that! See ya Thursday!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Guess what, I did the laundry this morning. Now I have to start procrastinating all over again to see if I can beat my old record. I got a call from Denise this morning. She said she would be here in the morning. She doesn't have a GPS so I told her to call me when she left Ehrenberg and I'd meet her at Niland and escourt her into the Slabs. I admire that gal for not being afraid to tackle the unknown. I'm sure she'll do just fine installing her own Solar System. I've cleared her staying here at the LOW compound, with our President, until the job is done and using our address for UPS delivery. Maybe if she likes it I'll talk her into becoming a LOW. Tomorrow our group has planned a trip over to East Jesus to the Art conclave to take them all our booze bottles. They want them to build a wall with. That way we don't have to haul them to the dump and pay them for dumping them there. I knew I was helping someone while drinking all that Cranberry Juice.

Guess what, I did the laundry this morning. Now I have to start procrastinating all over again to see if I can beat my old record. I got a call from Denise this morning. She said she would be here in the morning. She doesn't have a GPS so I told her to call me when she left Ehrenberg and I'd meet her at Niland and escourt her into the Slabs. I admire that gal for not being afraid to tackle the unknown. I'm sure she'll do just fine installing her own Solar System. I've cleared her staying here at the LOW compound, with our President, until the job is done and using our address for UPS delivery. Maybe if she likes it I'll talk her into becoming a LOW. Tomorrow our group has planned a trip over to East Jesus to the Art conclave to take them all our booze bottles. They want them to build a wall with. That way we don't have to haul them to the dump and pay them for dumping them there. I knew I was helping someone while drinking all that Cranberry Juice.

Sending another cowgirl your way. Her name is Jan and she isn't a LOW but she has been there before. Watch for her. She has your name, both of them.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well, we had our last campfire at Quartzsite last night. We had about 4 pieces of wood left from the group. Ed said the one thing that was missing was all the laughter and Delcie hitting Freddy. We have officially left and are heading to California. I am looking forward to having hook-ups and getting rid of some of this dust. We had a great time with the group and hopefully we will meet some of you on the road somewhere else. Lyn and Ed

Lyn and Ed

2004 Phaeton

2006 Jeep Liberty

Polaris Ranger

http://EdandLynSojourning.blogspot.com

We made it back to Mesa on Saturday. Stayed in Congress Friday night and just missed Mike and Deb. We're still cleaning after "Q" and settling in getting ready for spring training baseball. Thanks again class of 08-09 for taking us in and making us feel welcome at "Q". Working on the blog and getting cards too. See ya later.

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We have officially left and are heading to California. I am looking forward to having hook-ups and getting rid of some of this dust.

Well, we are due to pull out of the Yuma area on Friday but after the ride we just got off of today on sand dunes, the canal, etc. etc. we're re-thinking whether we should just move out of the hook-ups and down the road a mile to BLM land. Geesh! If we had only had a bad ride, we wouldn't have this decision to make!!! It was so much fun so we may not show our face at the TTN in Palm Springs after all. Or, maybe we will. :rolleyes:

We made it back to Mesa on Saturday. Stayed in Congress Friday night and just missed Mike and Deb. We're still cleaning after "Q" and settling in getting ready for spring training baseball. Thanks again class of 08-09 for taking us in and making us feel welcome at "Q". Working on the blog and getting cards too. See ya later.

Well, we have no idea where Mike and Deb are. We think they are MIA. :D

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well, we are due to pull out of the Yuma area on Friday but after the ride we just got off of today on sand dunes, the canal, etc. etc. we're re-thinking whether we should just move out of the hook-ups and down the road a mile to BLM land.

If you go down to the hot springs and head east on the same road, you can go back to the dunes and park at the base of the dunes. You can get on the dunes here and drive 20 miles to Glamis and stay on the sand. Have fun regarless!!!:P

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Well, we are due to pull out of the Yuma area on Friday but after the ride we just got off of today on sand dunes, the canal, etc. etc. we're re-thinking whether we should just move out of the hook-ups and down the road a mile to BLM land. Geesh! If we had only had a bad ride, we wouldn't have this decision to make!!! It was so much fun so we may not show our face at the TTN in Palm Springs after all. Or, maybe we will. :rolleyes:

Jim wants to go riding with you. He is still at rehab and is bored out of his mind. He sees the surgeon on Monday and hopefully he'll say he can come home. The problem is he's really beginning to feel good but they still won't let him walk down the hall without somebody with him. He has no problems with the stairs but they think they should keep him for two weeks regardless.

Went to Superstition Skies tonight and Diana and Phil were there. Diana said she had a good time meeting up with Marti and Paul and seeing Jeri and Terry again. No, Jim couldn't go so Paul went with me. He's in Mesa for the month.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Denise showed up bright and early this morning so we spent a good share of the day showing her around. She said she loves the place. We went over to talk to solar Mike and ended up taking his offer or bid. He will install her solar system tomorrow morning. That is if she can get off Arizona Time and get up an hour earlier. This evening I took her on a quick pass through Niland to show her where everything is and then we went to Brawley to the Italian Restaurant for dinner then on out to the big Wally World to pick up a few items. I just deposited her at her rig and I'll bet it won't take her to long to get in bed and be sound asleep. Tomorrow I'll go over to solar Mike's and if she wants to leave and let him work in peace I'll show her around to a few more odities of the slabs. Then take her to happy hour so she can meet some of my friends but I've threatened all of them with mayhem if they tell her the truth about me. Come to think of it. I'm just as tired as she was. Night Night

Yippe!!!! GOT WOOD!!!:lol:

Well, we have no idea where Mike and Deb are. We think they are MIA. :D

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Denise is the proud owner of a bran new solar system. A coupe of things are over-kill but Solar Mike didn't have the size wire she really wanted so we took what he had on the larger size. I just wish mine was wired with that large of a line to the batteries. (#2) It took us all day sitting around watching the worker he had doing the job but they seemed to end up with a pretty good installation. She had them leave the panels tilted so she wouldn't have to do it when she got back to her parking place. So, I had to lead her back on a different route that had no over hanging tree limbs. She only has about two months left before she needs to cross the border again but I hope she spends a little bit of that time here getting used to using the system. She seems to like the Slabs so maybe she will. At happy hour tonight two more of the ladies here cornered me wanting me to look at their solar systems. One needs parts so maybe I'll be gone before she gets them from the manufacture. The other has a new controler that she wants installed. That won't take long so I'll get that out of the way pretty fast. But if there is any crawling around involved, she is going to do it, not me. Well I've been on the go since 6AM so I'd better hit the hay.

Not much happening today. We are recovering from yesteday. I got the controler installed in the lady's RV today and naturally it was a much bigger job than I had planned. It didn't fit the same hole the old controler did so I had to modify the RV a bit to make it fit. The old control was hard wired with no screw connectors. The new one had screw connectors, so I had to add spade lugs to the wires. The old one had 3 wires to connect the new one had 4 but we got it done and it works fine. Tomorrows job is going through Denise's rig with my induction type amp meter and make sure there is no big drain causing the batteries to discharge too fast. Then equalizing the batteries. I doubt if it has ever been equalized and I doubt if it has reached full charge in the past year. I'll check all that out before she heads back home. She spent most of the day taking Steves trying to recuperate from yesterday.

Not much happening today. We are recovering from yesteday. I got the controler installed in the lady's RV today and naturally it was a much bigger job than I had planned. It didn't fit the same hole the old controler did so I had to modify the RV a bit to make it fit. The old control was hard wired with no screw connectors. The new one had screw connectors, so I had to add spade lugs to the wires. The old one had 3 wires to connect the new one had 4 but we got it done and it works fine. Tomorrows job is going through Denise's rig with my induction type amp meter and make sure there is no big drain causing the batteries to discharge too fast. Then equalizing the batteries. I doubt if it has ever been equalized and I doubt if it has reached full charge in the past year. I'll check all that out before she heads back home. She spent most of the day taking Steves trying to recuperate from yesterday.

Boy, you better watch out or somebody is gonna hire ya to start doing things! Sounds like you're staying plenty busy and you could be a tour guide to boot! That's o.k. , the last couple days I've been pretty busy with the crew that's left here in Yuma! We went on the Date farm tour at Martha's Gardens yesterday afternoon. Jeri, Terry, Steve, Carol, Freddy, Delcie, Danny and I. At the end of the tour we had Date Shakes! Then we came back to our place and had a patio Happy Hour with the Cranberry juice flowing all over and I fed everybody BBQ beef sandwiches and all kinds of snacks! Today, Goofy went golfing and I took lunch to Freddy and Delcie at Sidewinder road....and lo and behold.... Terry and Jeri had just pulled in there with their rig and toys... Jeri was busy with her stuff, after lunch and Freddys nap, I gave them a ride into town to Wally and replenished the Juices, then back and I bid them farewell for a while. Sunday we're meeting for dinner at Famous Dave's. There's yer update for the time being from Yuma! Having fun and missing those not here! :blink:

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Sounds to me like house guys are having way, WAY to mch fun. I'm sitting here at home now after a fun filled drive home. First my computer died so had to switch to the Tablet, then SKP board wouldn't take my password so ended up getting a new one this morning. Had a minor problem with the Motor Home in N Komieforna' but did manage to escape that state. Weather here is normal for this time of year, meaning no more Shorts and T Shirts for a while. However it I'd good to be home and I'm looking forward to diving into a couple of projects here real soon

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Sounds to me like house guys are having way, WAY to mch fun. I'm sitting here at home now after a fun filled drive home. First my computer died so had to switch to the Tablet, then SKP board wouldn't take my password so ended up getting a new one this morning. Had a minor problem with the Motor Home in N Komieforna' but did manage to escape that state. Weather here is normal for this time of year, meaning no more Shorts and T Shirts for a while. However it I'd good to be home and I'm looking forward to diving into a couple of projects here real soon

Glad you made it! There's no place like home! No matter if your at it or in it!!! :D Hope ya get lots done and we're looking forward to seeing ya this summer!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Glad you made it! There's no place like home! No matter if your at it or in it!!! :D Hope ya get lots done and we're looking forward to seeing ya this summer!

Thanks, You all Jess come on down.......err up.:-) :-)

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

When I got up this morning the weather was beautiful or fantabulous or something like that. I took a nice long walk then when I spied a few signs of life over at the Denise Rig I went over there and started tracking down her phantom current leak. It was 3.5 amps and that's a bunch especially with the frig, hot water and furnace all turned of. I hunted around for something that may have been left on and spied an outside TV in one of her bays. I noticed a clicker hanging there so thought maybe there was some kind of DC circuit that kept it in stand by so the clicker could turn it on. I pulled the AC plug on the TV and the 3.5 amp drain went away. I tried to turn on the TV and it wouldn't. so I plugged it back in but the drain didn't return. We started the generator and turned the tv on it worked fine but the drain never returned. That doesn't make much sense at all but the problem drain is gone so we decided to just leave the tv un-pluged. I'll check it again every day or so as long as she is here. So then I turned on the equalizer in her controler and let it do its job. When I got home one of the Cowgirls here came to my trailer and ask me to tell her what she needed to install a Tri-Meteric meter. I went to her rig and we figured out a place to mount the meter and a possible path for the wire. So I told her what to order and she did that. She says she is going to do the work as I tell her what to do. She better work fast because I'm leaving here at the end of the month no matter what. I took her to lunch then took her back to her rig. This afternoon the wind came up and dust was blowing all over the place so not much got done. This evening Denise and I went to the Buckshot restaurant here in town and had dinner. I just took her home and the wind is dying down a bit so maybe it will be good sleeping if I can breath because of all the dust in my rig.

When I got up this morning the weather was beautiful or fantabulous or something like that. I took a nice long walk then when I spied a few signs of life over at the Denise Rig I went over there and started tracking down her phantom current leak. It was 3.5 amps and that's a bunch especially with the frig, hot water and furnace all turned of. I hunted around for something that may have been left on and spied an outside TV in one of her bays. I noticed a clicker hanging there so thought maybe there was some kind of DC circuit that kept it in stand by so the clicker could turn it on. I pulled the AC plug on the TV and the 3.5 amp drain went away. I tried to turn on the TV and it wouldn't. so I plugged it back in but the drain didn't return. We started the generator and turned the tv on it worked fine but the drain never returned. That doesn't make much sense at all but the problem drain is gone so we decided to just leave the tv un-pluged. I'll check it again every day or so as long as she is here. So then I turned on the equalizer in her controler and let it do its job. When I got home one of the Cowgirls here came to my trailer and ask me to tell her what she needed to install a Tri-Meteric meter. I went to her rig and we figured out a place to mount the meter and a possible path for the wire. So I told her what to order and she did that. She says she is going to do the work as I tell her what to do. She better work fast because I'm leaving here at the end of the month no matter what. I took her to lunch then took her back to her rig. This afternoon the wind came up and dust was blowing all over the place so not much got done. This evening Denise and I went to the Buckshot restaurant here in town and had dinner. I just took her home and the wind is dying down a bit so maybe it will be good sleeping if I can breath because of all the dust in my rig.

Wow...our day started out beautiful and then this afternoon our wind came up and it's none too nice out there now! Ya can't hardly see the foothills! We've had a quite day on the ranch. Got my Income Tax all ready to go to the Accountant. Looking forward to our dinner meeting tomorrow at Famous Daves, if the bunch from Sidewinder road don't blow to Phoenix! Hope they've battened down the hatches!

IYQ! Those cowgirls need to be payin ya in Cranberry Juice or Speghetti! They are lucky to have you around! ;)

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08