Classes of 2008 and 2009

IYQ! Those cowgirls need to be payin ya in Cranberry Juice or Speghetti! They are lucky to have you around! ;)

I was thinking that. He did free work for her then HE took HER to lunch. Sounds backwards to me. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we are sitting out in the desert. There is no snow. There is no ice but last night there was certainly a lot of wind. We were afraid that Freddy's 5th wheel would end up on top of us. We don't know how much longer we'll be here but you all know that we never know that anyway. We have no idea where "exactly" we're going to go either. I guess that's good because it means I won't have to cancel any reservations this week. The little dunes around here are really fun. Thank goodness we have winches (not wenches) on our ATVs. Terry got stuck yesterday ... TWICE ... and I had to winch him out. We're having an early dinner at Famous Daves today so certainly looking forward to that. See ya! :rolleyes:

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Another great gathering for the Class leftovers! Famous Daves BBQ was lip smackin good! When we got there they seated us in the bar area, and we were sharing the room with a rather noisy Bacholorette Party...you couldn't even hear yourself think! (I don't think that much anyway) but they soon moved us to a quieter place.....until they started sliding chairs around and it was kinda noisy in there too...but we were still be able to swap stories and make stuff up! Then Jeri tried to run over Delcie's foot in the parking lot! But all's well that ends well and we all made it out alive! What a fun group! We just like it so much...we have another gathering planned for next Wednesday! I'm glad they are all hanging around! Keeps me with things to look forward to! Way too much fun!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

I checked out Denise's batteries this morning. One cell in one battery was low because of over filling the water. After equalization the water was over the ring that indicates maximum fill so it's been pumping out acid for no telling how long. It's not enough to completely kill the battery but it will lower it's preformance. Denise is getting ready to leave tomorrow and I must go dump my tanks they are at the top. The other cowgirl's parts haven't came in yet so I don't have to worry about that right now but she is going to have to work fast to get that meter installed before I head East. I took Denise to Salvation Mountain and to get a Slab City T-shirt this afternoon. She is impressed with the slabs and says she is glad she came not counting the new solar system. I think she is beginning to understand the solar system and will enjoy the extra things it allows her to do and not be scared every time she gets a reading on the meter she doesn't understand. It's giving her lights at night and about 4 hours on the computer at night with plenty to spare. I even did a little carving today but now I'm pooped.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Denise went on her way this morning. Earlier this morning I took my walk then got my trailer ready to go dump. I went over and rattled Denise's cage to let her know where I was going and to say good bye just in case I wasn't back when she got ready to leave. She told me there was no way she would leave until I got back. So off I went to Calipatria and the morning duty. When I returned she was ready to pull out so we said our good byes and down the road she went. This after noon I went back to Brawley to get some groceries by the time I got back this time it was Happy hour time and the wind had picked up to Dust Storm force. I parked my trailer facing a different direction and told every one that was to cure hitch itch. When I look out a window I see something different and think I'm in a new Campground. I think they made the mistake of believing me. Now it's dark out and the wind is still kicking up. I guess I'll be rocked to sleep tonight.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Sandie, glad to hear Jim's doing great. I'll bet he's ready to get out of that place. Give him a hug from us. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Jim comes home tomorrow morning. We are so excited. Still can't drive. But he feels great. No pain except for a little bit where the incision is.

BUT....can he go fishin' :P

Glad to hear he is doing well. He'll be up and at 'em in no time!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

No fishing probably for a couple of months. Which is really going to be tough - on ME.

Sorry for you Sandie. So glad Jim is home and doing good. Hang in there.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie :lol:

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Jim comes home tomorrow morning. We are so excited. Still can't drive. But he feels great. No pain except for a little bit where the incision is.

So good to hear. Happy for the both of you. Hope to see you sometime, soon?

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

No fishing probably for a couple of months. Which is really going to be tough - on ME.

You can alway get him a goldfish bowl and let him fish in that while he's recouperating. Yeah! Jim, Glad is was a success.

Sandie,

So glad you get to bring Jim home. I'm sure if you remind him of all that past pain and suffering, the two months without fishing will be a very small trade off! I still have a guy in pain and he can't do much this way either!

Well, the wind has been blowing. It has been cool, but I know IYQ is getting ready to go! The land Gods are telling him to get to going! We were startled awake this morning at 3:10 am...... with a 5.0 Earthquake! Coach shaking and the blinds rattled. KayCee sat right straight up and barked! So that must be the sign that he's leaving the slabs! Have a safe trip and we'll see ya somewhere down the road! Lots of folks here on our street are getting hitch itch. They are scratching it, we are not. :{ Next door neighbor leaving for a week in Palm Springs. Two houses down, that couple heading to Vegas for a week! We will be taking some trips after the first of March. One East and One west.... but for now..... making desserts for tomorrow nights get together at Steve and Carols! Fixing a nice dinner today and attending Three Faces of Elvis tonight here at our park. Watching the trees bending in the wind. Happy Valentine's Day Friends! :) Have a great day!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

No earthquake around here, hmmmmmmm come to think of it there's no 3:30 AM either :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Every once in a while I find a 3:30 AM when I go into the bathroom. I think those 3:30 AM's live in the john cause that's the only time I see one. It got a little breezy around here last night too. It blew our burn barrel away. We found it lodged in a bush about 2 blocks away this morning. That's pretty good mileage for a 55 gal drum with no top or bottom that only burns waste paper.

I went to the big megopolis of Niland this morning for a tank of LP. I'm hoping it will last until I leave. I plan on leaving the slabs when I have to dump again or at the end of the month. Which ever comes first. From here I'll go over to I-8 exit 151 to the Jim Korstein Free park for a few days then an overnighter at Benson and on to Deming. I'll stay there for about a month to get my taxes done then bounce around in the New Mexico state park system for a while before heading East to NC.

We had a Valentine party here today. They served Rootbeer floats, Sundaes, or Ice Cream and brownies. The Calipatria grade school sent a bunch of valentines the 1st graders made for Veterans. Mine was a plain white card with 4 hearts very artfully arrainged on the front. Inside was " You Are Brave " I got a kick out of it.

3:30 am happened here last night. That's what time I finally quit playing my new game and went to bed. I'll have to get that timetable turned around again before heading off next fall. RV parks tend to have checkout times earlier than I got up today. :)

Oh, make that yesterday. I just looked at the time and discovered midnight came and went again.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Earthquake? What earthquake? We thought it was just the wind.

Oh, Trust me, it wasn't just the wind! It was 3:10 not 3:30! Woke me right up! Several of our neighbors felt it too! I think it's really eerie! A definite weird feeling, lots different than wind! It feels like someone is standing out at the back of the coach and rythmically pushing on it! I didn't have the sinking feeling like we did in El Centro a couple years ago after the big one in Mexicali.... but it happened! They had the time messed up on the weather channel, but on KSWT tv here in Yuma, they announced it yesterday...as 3:10. The epi-center was southwest of here..about 60 miles by Guadalupe Mexico. I am however, getting very tired of "The WIND!" I think we're finally having a spell of real Winter....for here anyway! Spending a quiet morning here. Haven't been feeling the greatest. Looking forward to our time at Steve and Carols, and hope hope hope this wind goes down!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Oh, Trust me, it wasn't just the wind! It was 3:10 not 3:30! Woke me right up! Several of our neighbors felt it too! I think it's really eerie! A definite weird feeling, lots different than wind! It feels like someone is standing out at the back of the coach and rythmically pushing on it! I didn't have the sinking feeling like we did in El Centro a couple years ago after the big one in Mexicali.... but it happened! They had the time messed up on the weather channel, but on KSWT tv here in Yuma, they announced it yesterday...as 3:10. The epi-center was southwest of here..about 60 miles by Guadalupe Mexico. I am however, getting very tired of "The WIND!" I think we're finally having a spell of real Winter....for here anyway! Spending a quiet morning here. Haven't been feeling the greatest. Looking forward to our time at Steve and Carols, and hope hope hope this wind goes down!

Hmmm seems there has been a shake-up here. Yesterday, late in the afternoon, the manager (whose own lot we were on) told us that we would have to move to another lot as they, the managers, were moving from the designated Manager's lot, to their own. We didn't know why but didn't argue. (the new lot is quite nice). Doug sees that there are notices in all the leaseholder's mail boxes so we guess the managers have quit.

So we are now in Lot 10 if anyone is coming this way.

Hmmmmm

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png